• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So Who Are The Adults Pulling The Strings of the Child Climate Change Protests?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I don't like posting this, but let me just say that anyone at this stage who doesn't accept the fact that climate change is taking place and that most of it is caused by human endeavors simply are self-inflicted fools. The science on this has become well-established, and it is the height of arrogance or ignorance (or both) for one to "think" that they know more than what the scientists as NAS, the DoD, NASA, Scientific American, National Geographic, etc. have known for about two decades now.

And anyone who actually blindly swallows what the right-wing propagandists try to convince us of is guilty of having stupidity on steroids.

We are dealing with a basic destruction of the eco-systems throughout much of the world as we are seeing! No one in their right mind should be playing politics on something as serious as this. Some need to grow up and do the damn homework!

[sorry for the rant :(, but I get sick & tired of the utter ignorance and/or dishonesty of some people]

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yup. My kids are concerned about politics, economics, climate, and many things, and we don't always agree, simply because they happen to have their own brains to think with.

I know what you mean, what is a parent to do if they produce kids who can, would you believe, actually think. ;-)

Seems there are a few on this thread happy to turn out unthinking morons

ecco

Veteran Member
One of the projected effects of AGW is mass displacement of large populations...

(My emphases)

Trump admin ignored evidence of climate change's impact on migration
Trump admin ignored its own evidence of climate change's impact on migration from Central America
EXCLUSIVE: An internal report obtained by NBC News showed migration surged from those areas where climate change is hurting crops and farmers.
Sept. 20, 2019, 7:00 AM EDT / Updated Sept. 21, 2019, 9:26 AM EDT
By Jacob Soboroff and Julia Ainsley

GUATEMALA CITY — Research compiled one year ago by Customs and Border Protection pointed to an overwhelming factor driving record-setting migration to the U.S. from Guatemala: Crop shortages were leaving rural Guatemalans, especially in the country's western highlands, in extreme poverty and starving.

An internal report that was circulated to senior Homeland Security officials and obtained by NBC News showed that migration surged from those areas of Guatemala without reliable subsistence farming or wages from commercial farming jobs. More than 100,000 Guatemalans headed north last year, and many more followed in fiscal year 2019, making Guatemala the single largest country contributing to undocumented immigration across the U.S. southwest border this year.

Scientists have said the increase in poverty and food insecurity driving migration are due to multiple factors, one of which is climate change.

The acting secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, which oversees CBP, Kevin McAleenan, has publicly sounded the alarm about Guatemala's food scarcity.​

74x12

Have you spoken with Greta in person? do you know her level of knowledge about pollution and how the world works? I have spoken with her and she is a very bright young person who does know her things within Environmental work.

Pollution is a big big problem in his world
No one is saying pollution isn't a problem.

Anyway, as for her level of knowledge. Garbage in garbage out.
My eldest twins age 13 are very concerned about the mess being left for them by this current generation of climate deniers

My youngest daughter age 9 gets very angry at the ignorance of some people

You have no idea of the minds of children. I suggest you speak to sone before making bloody stupid comments like that in future
And I'm very angry at liars and con artists. Good luck with that. I really don't care (for myself) how much you guys screw up this world. It's going to be your problem. I don't have kids. Good luck! You trust in fools and foolishness. You'll reap what you sow. Trust me. Go ahead and believe every word. You won't even know what hit you.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
No one is saying pollution isn't a problem.

Anyway, as for her level of knowledge. Garbage in garbage out.

And I'm very angry at liars and con artists. Good luck with that. I really don't care (for myself) how much you guys screw up this world. It's going to be your problem. I don't have kids. Good luck! You trust in fools and foolishness. You'll reap what you sow. Trust me. Go ahead and believe every word. You won't even know what hit you.

And there you have it, you dont have kids so you dont give a toss how you screw up the world for other peoples kids. How very christian of you

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
We have seen this for quite some time, this time it seems to have sunk to a new low and that is using children against "do-nothing adults" on climate change. Who are the one's telling children they have no hope or future because they are all going to die soon due to climate change? Who are the ones organizing these events? If these children actually believe the scripts some of them seem to be reading, what effects do you think it will have on them long term?
I will not debate or argue, just curious others views

This seems very contrived and overacted:

Greta Thunberg: "You have stolen my dreams and my childhood"

Her main points seem to be give up air travel and stop eating meat.

If she can get politicians like Bernie Sanders to stop abusing fossil fuels.
Ex-Clinton staffers slam Sanders over private jet flights

And, stop eating meat, I'm all for it. :thumbsup:

fce.gif

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
We have seen this for quite some time, this time it seems to have sunk to a new low and that is using children against "do-nothing adults" on climate change. Who are the one's telling children they have no hope or future because they are all going to die soon due to climate change? Who are the ones organizing these events? If these children actually believe the scripts some of them seem to be reading, what effects do you think it will have on them long term?

Thank God for Greta. Say hello to our future.

Nimos

Who are the one's telling children they have no hope or future because they are all going to die soon due to climate change?
There is no one telling them they are going to die. But scientists from some many different fields have been warning about this for a very long time. Yet no one is able to change the system, it is in an almost completely deadlock of empty words and promises. To be honest I think young people today are more involved in politics than earlier in history, where it was only for the "grown ups" and before that, only for the men, because obviously women knew nothing about politics :rolleyes:

Young people are not blind, which one would have to be, to not being able to figure out that if we continue the way we are now, that it will not end well.

So when climate deniers express their opinions in contrast to pretty much all scientists having some connection to the climate issue, as if they know better than them, it sounds hollow and to me the most obvious explanation to why one would deny what they are saying, seems to suggest that we are talking about some huge conspiracy within the scientific community, where every single scientists working with climate issues are in one it. o_O

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Why doesn't anyone let Greta come to their homes run their lives? Oh....that's right...she's eleven freakin' years old...(but evidently knows more than anyone else on this subject). I guess this Global Warming/Climate Change scam needed some fresh blood and younger face (where is Al Gore, BTW?).
If science is a scam, what are you using to access the internet? A crystal ball?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

Are you serious?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
She is 16 year old, Not 11 as you say. And i would like if she comes to my home to speak about environmental issues because it is an important part of my life too
You're a terrible terrible person.

Thank you...
She is 16 year old, Not 11 as you say. And i would like if she comes to my home to speak about environmental issues because it is an important part of my life too

Sooo....you enjoy being lectured by a know it all 16 year old?
You just can't resist showing your ignorance, can you?

Greta Thunberg - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Greta_Thunberg

Greta Thunberg FRSGS (born 3 January 2003) is a Swedish environmental activist who is ...

My mistake...then I guess she really knows wth she's talking about...

The "joke" is that these kids are the ones who will have to deal with the consequences of the apathy, willful ignorance, intellectual dishonesty, and scientific illiteracy of previous generations.
But by all means continue to wallow in your stupid conspiracy theories and worthless superstitions.

Blah, blah, blah...can't happen soon enough for me...little brats need a dose of reality...