• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So Which Conspiracy Theory DO you Believe?

Ringer

Jar of Clay
No doubt many people dismiss the claims of conspiracy theorists but I'm sure there are a few of us that firmly believe in a conspiracy theory over what the general public will accept. Do you believe we never landed on the moon? Was the JFK assassination an inside job? Is the government involved in covering up the Roswell incident? Tell us what conspiracy theory you believe.

Last edited:

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Here's one I believe that is not considered an acceptable mainstream view: There is a cover-up to conceal from the public the effects of mercury and lead in our environment, products and medicinals on the health of our children that would, if penetrated, give us invaluable information about the cause a range of childhood maladies that have exploded in recent years including: asthma, autism, ADD, ADHD, Tourette's, verbal tics, and food allergies.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
ILLUMINATI
-- To the tune of "Eleanor Rigby"
11-07-88
Steve Jackson, Joe Vail, Creede Lambard

Illuminati...
They put a thing made of tinfoil on top of my door...
What is it for?
Illuminati...
Shooting a ray at my cornflakes to make them turn green...
What does it mean?
The Illuminati... They're watching me, I know.
The Illuminati... They're everywhere I go.

Illuminati...
Doing unspeakable things in the night to a cow...
Where are they now?
Illuminati...
Sent an impostor in place of the Popsicle man...
What is their plan?

Illuminati...
They cancelled Star Trek, The Fonz, and My Mother, the Car...
Are they bizarre?
You can't escape them;
Even if you take a plane to Nepal or Peru...
They'll be there, too...

I know that they know all about me...
They know that I know all about them...

Illuminati...
Hide their assassins' instructions in newspaper text...
Who will be next?
They're all around us...
Underline every third word in the Times and you'll see...
How can it be?

They're in the attic and the cellar...
Bigger than Hunt or Rockefeller...

Illuminati...
Go through my garbage and count all the pop bottles there...
Why do they care?
They're out to get me...
They're fluoridating my water from their UFO...
What do they know?
The Illuminati... They're everywhere, I see.
The Illuminati... And no one knows but me.

I believe that some people are willing to believe anything because they haven't matured into human reality and what really is... is that a fact or a conspiracy theory? ;)
I'm pretty happy that conspiracy theories are not a common discourse in my nation.

Well, I have to admit that I feel a small tingle of pride and amusement about all the conspiracy theories that involve Jews and Israel, its astounding how can people supposedly believe that a few million strong nation practices domination over the lives of billions around the globe :D

In all seriousness though, I think that the lives of conspiracy theorists must be lacking in some basic ways to cling to many of the things they believe. I find it hard to run a logical level headed and intelligent dialogue with people that harbor conspiracy theories, there's always a little green man under their bed when they wake up ready to make miserable their day.

of course there are conspiracies out there, through the complex fabric of human society, but so many events and people have been given an almost religious dimension, that it has a cult following, and superstitious symptoms.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
"Illuminati" by Steve Jackson Games (yes, one of the authors of that song :)) is one of the funnest games ever devised. And Robert Anton Wilson was a genius ahead of his time.

Random

I think it's obvious conspiracies do happen. A company board meeting with directors bound to secrecy is a de facto conspiracy. As to whether there is the BIG Conspiracy, well...probably, yes. But what can one do?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
doppelgänger;1354953 said:
"Illuminati" by Steve Jackson Games (yes, one of the authors of that song :)) is one of the funnest games ever devised. And Robert Anton Wilson was a genius ahead of his time.

aye Steve Jackson runs a nice company which creates some nifty RPGs.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Is the JFK one really a conspiracy theory? I thought it was pretty conclusive that a single bullet shot from the book depository couldn't possibly have caused all the wounds and damage that it supposedly did.

As for the moon landing one... pffft, it's just plain ridiculous. People have devoted their professional lives to the analysis of moon rock brought back from those missions and people have died in shuttles - to suggest that the whole thing is a great farce is, in my opinion, offensive.

Last edited:

Masourga

I'd bet that someone out there already designed the key to making the hydrogen car efficient enough for main-stream use. It'd be the oil tycoons and current gasoline-based auto-manufacturers with all the money needed to buy up the designs and keep them in their back-pocket for the days when the world's oil supplies start running dry.

The old story of feed them the poison and wait for the opportune (read "lucrative") moment to produce the antidote.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
I'd bet that someone out there already designed the key to making the hydrogen car efficient enough for main-stream use. It'd be the oil tycoons and current gasoline-based auto-manufacturers with all the money needed to buy up the designs and keep them in their back-pocket for the days when the world's oil supplies start running dry.

The old story of feed them the poison and wait for the opportune (read "lucrative") moment to produce the antidote.
Ford invented a hydrogen based engine at least 15 years ago, from what I've heard from ex-Ford workers.

Masourga

Ford invented a hydrogen based engine at least 15 years ago, from what I've heard from ex-Ford workers.

I just knew it!

Of course even having it doesn't mean anyone will buy it yet. No "hydrogen stations"... and there won't be any until we really need them and there is enough of a market for it. Which almost means the cars need to be in people's hands before the means to fuel them will be made at all available. Kind of a catch 22. Damned if you release the technology and (eventually) damned if you don't have it.

blackout

Violet.
Osama (Usama) Bin Laden responsible for 9-11 attacks?!

Was it a major conspiracy ... or what then? ...
assuring the american people that Bin Laden was behind 9-11?
As if it were a known and given fact.

When the FBI itself is not.
(assured that Bin Laden was responsible for the 9-11 attacks)

Who provided the "evidence" of this "known fact"?
And spread it around with such authority?
And on what basis of reason do the people at large hold him responsible?

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I don't know anything. I'm not sure if I believe in any certain conspiracy, but surely there have been some government cover ups of some sort somewhere within history... I mean... That's what the government is for, right? To lie to us in order to get us all to do what they want?

But I'm skeptical about everything. Did we land on the moon? Maybe... I wasn't there... so I don't know. Who killed JFK? Well... that one I'm pretty sure was the cigarette smoking man from the X-Files... I saw the episode. I think it's in season 4, "Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man." He killed M. Luther King jr. too...

cardero

Citizen Mod
I find the JFK conspiracy to well-grounded and far-reaching and the one that is the most bizarre. Never was a secret so bumbled, so blatant in its attempts to cover itself that If everything was uncovered or discovered, we may be surprised to find out that other conspiracies (illumanati, Roswell, space program, 9-11) are interestingly connected.

Last edited:

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Never read into the jfk one. Never will either..
For the rest I think most huge conspiracies have something hidden somewhere, but not in the scale conspirists wants us to believe.

Like america had perhaps something to do with 9/11, but I don't think they blew up their own economy for it. And maybe the movie from the moon was altered slightly, but I do think they went there..

LongGe123

i'm pretty convinced by the 9-11 conspiracy theory - i know that these theories have great power to draw you in and make you believe, but in that movie that guy made about it, he did present tonnes and tonnes of pretty convincing evidence.

the moon landings, i used to believe in that one but now i'm not sure - i was convinced by the shadow photos, but wasn't there some other scientist who showed how it was absolutely possible to have shadows in two directions from one light source? I think I saw it on youtube recently, and they made a model moon set and put one light on it and presto, shadows in different directions. something to do with the topogrophy of the moon itself.

JFK - don't know about that one, didn't see the movie either

there was an interesting one in Britain several years back about the outbreak of foot and mouth disease - there was a theory stating that the government unleashed a strain of foot and mouth deliberately in order to reduce the oversized national herd. Not anything on the scale of the others, but still...it counts. if it were true I would betray the UK and get Chinese nationality, because the outbreak of that disease almost bankrupted and killed my father (the stress of it all gave him a near-fatal stroke).

texan1

I think sometimes that there is a conspiracy to label certain truths as "conspiracy theories".