• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, Where Was God?

Skwim

Veteran Member

norte-dame-paris-fire-479x386.png

Or is he sending the French, or Catholics, or Christians in general, a message?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I think that largely depends on how one may perceive and believe about God.

To the fundamentalist and scriptural literalist, there definitely is a problem that they all too often just bypass or just use some flimsy excuse. But to theists like Spinoza and Einstein, there likely isn't a problem because they simply didn't believe in a deity that plans every little thing out.

I'm in the latter camp.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I might suggest look at the Onion today. There are a couple of very funny articles.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This is far from the first time the structure has been damaged. Pretty sure they've long come to terms with the idea that God doesn't intercede on behalf of the building.
Though I'm pretty sure they're busy being grateful very little of the historic art and main structure was damaged, as well as civilians and firefighters in and around the structure being unharmed. And so am I.

Altfish

Veteran Member
He's had a few goes at burning down cathedrals; here in the UK about 30-years ago York was struck by lightning and one wing was substantially burnt.
Needless to say the religious right blames homosexuality, abortion and atheism.

74x12

God isn't sending a message. Notice the same day the Al aqsa mosque had a small fire. Only gullible people won't start to question what's going on.