• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

David T

Premium Member
The Jews do not accept him as their leader.

They have no more authority than Christians. Both Christianity and Islam appropriated Judaism for their own purposes and uses.
Oh please the copyright had long expired.

David T

Premium Member
That's true. There would be no Bible around if it wasn't for the Catholic Church.
I would say the bible is still around in spite of every effort by the church to make the most lame text in history.. It should in theory and all emperical evidence have Been gone long long ago.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I would say the bible is still around in spite of every effort by the church to make the most lame text in history.. It should in theory and all emperical evidence have Been gone long long ago.
It does lead to an interesting question if it wasn't for the Catholic Church what kind of Bible would you have if anything?

David T

Premium Member
It does lead to an interesting question if it wasn't for the Catholic Church what kind of Bible would you have if anything?
Yes but you wouldn't exist to look back and ask the what if!!!! As soon as we alter reality in the past we cease to exist. I wouldn't exist. It's like asking "what If had done this?" my daughter ceases to exist"... My daughter, and how I ended up where I am has eliminated all regret. Yes some really hard **** but without that well I wouldn't be here exactly as I am. Zero regret. Thats a really really nice feeling to have. At 62 I discovered what I was seeking at 21 in a kind of clueless bumbling stumbling crazy kind of way in spite of myself not because of myself.

Twilight Hue

Yes but you wouldn't exist to look back and ask the what if!!!! As soon as we alter reality in the past we cease to exist. I wouldn't exist. It's like asking "what If had done this?" my daughter ceases to exist"... My daughter, and how I ended up where I am has eliminated all regret. Yes some really hard **** but without that well I wouldn't be here exactly as I am. Zero regret. Thats a really really nice feeling to have. At 62 I discovered what I was seeking at 21 in a kind of clueless bumbling stumbling crazy kind of way in spite of myself not because of myself.
I made a thread about it being it's another topic. Please feel free to participate if you wish.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Are there any ancient scrolls, clay tablets,or testaments that are said to be existing from the same time frame of ancient Christianity that focuses solely on God's adversary, whether that be Satan or Lucifer, or what other name may apply? We know there are snippets about Satan and Lucifer in the biblical accounts.

We do know from time to time, other characters have their own accounts like the book of Judas, Book of Lilith etc. Primarily from the Apocrypha.

Where is Satan's or Lucifer's side of the story taken from that era? Are there any ancient writings in existence?

I think anything like that would make an interesting read that would round out Christian mythology as opposed to just one-sided allegories and stories.
Yes. I believe the Gospel of Judas is what you are looking for. I see you have already mentioned it.

David T

Premium Member
Yes. Therefore based on the documentary davinci code, and the monte python scientific method absolutely catholics have the original satanist text. In fact its exactly why the church is so huge. They have held it just in case Satan got popular they are the illuminati of religion brilliant masters of historical world dominatation

I actually think da vinchi code is better than my story kernel. I really like the whole cup and the girl is the grand daughter of jesus and Mary. Very sweet.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

Twilight Hue

That book is hardly ancient and I don't find its illustration of Satan interesting either since It's much the same as other depictions of Satan from that time.
It is old enough to qualify as an artifact from the Medieval ages. It certainly is not new.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Tempted people to provoke God.
That would mean god has a serious anger management issue if he is provoked over things petty and insignificant mortals do because of what a rebellious angel he couldn't control conveniences them to do. It also suggests he's pretty short sighted as he hasn't gotten rid of the problem and continues to smite a person here and there: he treats the symptoms instead of the illness.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
That would mean god has a serious anger management issue if he is provoked over things petty and insignificant mortals do because of what a rebellious angel he couldn't control conveniences them to do. It also suggests he's pretty short sighted as he hasn't gotten rid of the problem and continues to smite a person here and there: he treats the symptoms instead of the illness.
It's like this, when you do something bad your parents hit your butt. It's natural.

One day he will solve the problem. Possibly very soon.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's like this, when you do something bad your parents hit your butt. It's natural.
It's not natural. It's crappy parenting. Hitting an adult is considered a crime. Hitting a child, rightfully so, is considered abuse. Violence is such a crude and primitive way of solving problems, it doesn't change undesired behaviors, and it begets resentment and further violence.
One day he will solve the problem. Possibly very soon.
He tried with the flood, and failed.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
It's not natural. It's crappy parenting. Hitting an adult is considered a crime. Hitting a child, rightfully so, is considered abuse. Violence is such a crude and primitive way of solving problems, it doesn't change undesired behaviors, and it begets resentment and further violence.
So you don't feel like hitting a child when they purposefully go against what you say?
He tried with the flood, and failed.
Nope, Noah wasn't perfect. The flood wasn't meant to deal with sin, it was meant to usher in a new era in history. God is in the process of dealing with sin. But the way he deals with your sin personally may not be the way you want him to because you don't trust him.

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
I wish we had something like that. I'd love to read the alleged word of the being that would rebel against the Biblical god.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So you don't feel like hitting a child when they purposefully go against what you say?
Nope. I did many years ago when that was all I knew, before I learned and knew there are better ways of punishing a child, methods that don't break the law if you do them to an adult.
The flood wasn't meant to deal with sin
Then why was god so upset with the wickedness and violence?
God is in the process of dealing with sin.
No, we have dealt with it. God kills throughout the Bible, and up until recently we had a habit of seeking blood for justice. And then we began to work on changing people's mentality and behaviors instead of using all the violent and brutal things we were doing, especially in the name of god. But we've changed, and are still changing, and today, for most of the world, the odds of being killed by a violent death have never been lower. More people are having their basic needs met. Healthcare, literacy, and women's rights have increased. God's word still says to kill the infidel, women are to be subservient to men, and it's ok to beat your slaves.
But the way he deals with your sin personally may not be the way you want him to because you don't trust him.
I cannot distrust something if I do not believe it exists. In the case of Jehovah, I do not believe exists. Therefore, I cannot either trust or distrust something to me that is only a fictional character.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Well, the world still sucks.
Yes, but it sucked more in the past, especially in terms of violence. We realized that addressing violence with violence really doesn't change that. God tried to drown it out, and it failed. We, on the other hand, have learned about mental conditioning and found better ways of addressing such problems. And things have gotten so much better instead of worrying if we'll be able to eat or live through the day to eat dinner, we instead get to worry about what we eat.
Just cause people can read doesn't men they aren't evil.
No, but it's showing we have become more caring about people.