• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So What Happened To All The Changes, Tribulations, And Woe Jesus Had Promised?

3rdAngel

Your only part quoting my posts, repeating yourself and ignoring the content of the posts and scriptures that already answer your question and posts. Ignoring God's Word does not make it dissappear. Let me know when you want to discuss the scriptures. You really do not understand God's Word now my friend do you:)

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Somehow you don't think that the people who wrote your silly stories are biased. Somehow you don't realize that they were pushing an agenda, to sell their version of God to the masses.

Not really I do not share your vision you are trying to push to the masses because you are simply sharing your own words that are not God's Word and showing your lack of understanding of the scriptures and your ignorance of Gods' Word.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

I suppose that kind of comment might work when you have discussions with fellow fundies or with five year old atheists. It's just another variation of "you can't see because your eyes are closed". In other words, it's male bovine feces. I've seen years of it from indoctrinated fundamentalists.

I guess it is hard to see things when you close your eyes to seeing and ears to hearing. Thats when the scriptures teach those doing so receive strong delusions to believe lies. Although this is sad for you, thank you for fulfilling the very scriptures you are trying to hard to deny. :)

3rdAngel

Sure He did. He knew A&E would succumb to the serpent's temptation long before He ever made them. Then He blamed them and cursed them. Don't you even understand your own scripture?

Here you go again making false statements and not addressing the content in the very posts you are quoting from again and showing your lack of understanding of the scriptures and your ignorance of Gods' Word because you do not know God. Perhaps you should read the post you are quoting from. God did not trick Adam and Eve, he warned them because of his love and mercy.

Yep gotta love God's mercy to those who believe and follow his Word :)

ecco

Veteran Member
Are you serious?
Gimmie a break, I do not believe in original sin. I am a Baha’i. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

30: ADAM AND EVE
Oh, that's right. Bahai's just do officially what Christians do on there own - Pick and Choose what parts of scripture to believe and what parts of scripture to disregard. That sure makes it easy to justify pretty much anything - except rational thought.

sooda

Veteran Member
Not really I do not share your vision you are trying to push to the masses because you are simply sharing your own words that are not God's Word and showing your lack of understanding of the scriptures and your ignorance of Gods' Word.

Fundamentalists always make that argument. Sad. You all sure drive people away from Christianity.

ecco

Veteran Member
Yes, that refers to the Bible.
Baha’u’llah was not a fallible man. He was a Manifestation of God so He was infallible.
Shoghi Effendi was a fallible man, but he was entrusted to interpret Baha’u’llah’s Writings by virtue of the Covenant of Baha’u’llah.

Super rationalization. Everyone, except Our Guy, probably got it wrong. Only Our Guy got everything right.

That is exactly what Muslims believe about Muhammed.
That is exactly what Jews believe about Moses and company.
That is exactly what Christians believe about MML&J.

As I've said many, many times, Bahai is just another in a long string of nonsense religions. No different.

I take the Bible with a grain of salt, I do not believe it the same way I believe what Baha’u’llah wrote. I thought we had been down this road before.

You pick and choose just as any religious believer picks and chooses. You are no different than any other person posting in these threads. You all believe your stuff and denigrate and disregard all other's stuff.

sooda

Veteran Member
Oh, that's right. Bahai's just do officially what Christians do on there own - Pick and Choose what parts of scripture to believe and what parts of scripture to disregard. That sure makes it easy to justify pretty much anything - except rational thought.

Its hard to square original sin. There are 4 or 5 contradiction in the bible about whether the sons are responsible for the sins of their fathers or not. It really wasn't doctrine until the 3rd century AD.

It does make sense in the crucifixion narrative.. Jews don't believe in original sin. Neither do Muslims. Muslims also do not believe innocent blood atones for sin. So, no blood sacrifice in Islam.

IMO blood sacrifice to appease an unseen god is purely pagan.

ecco

Veteran Member
There is no contradiction between what I said and what Tony said. The Manifestations of God all have a twofold station. The first station is the return of the Spirit of God and in that sense they are all one Spirit that returns in every age; the second station is the station of distinction that pertains to the world of creation, and to the limitations thereof.
Apologetics at its finest. Well, apologetics.

One again you show you and yours are no different from any and all myth believers.

ecco

Veteran Member
Where does that indicate that "John" is referencing Ballulah and not Muhammed? In a previous post you admitted the Bible was written by fallible men.

We know it was referencing Baha’u’llah because Baha’u’llah CLAIMED to be the Comforter and the Spirit of Truth in His Writings. Muhammad did not make such a claim to be the return of Christ, which is what the Comforter and Spirit of Truth are.

You really should listen to yourself and get a grip on your beliefs.

How do you know it's true? Because Baha’u’llah said it is true.
How do you know what Baha’u’llah says is true? Because Baha’u’llah is the Messenger from God.
How do you know Baha’u’llah is the Messenger from God? Because Baha’u’llah said he was the Messenger from God.
-or, in your own words...
"because Baha’u’llah CLAIMED to be the Comforter and the Spirit of Truth in His Writings"

Have you completely lost all sense of skepticism? That's what cults do to people, they make it impossible to question their beliefs.

ecco

Veteran Member
No, we have not been down this road before. The road we went down was about the prophecies that Baha’u’llah MADE, what Baha’u’llah predicted would happen in the future. The prophecies for the return of Christ which is also the Messiah) are what is recorded in the OT and the NT. They were either fulfilled or not.

You have stated the all religious writings except those from Baha’u’llah were written by fallible men. Now you want to point to these writings and show they made precise prophecies.

Are you really that confused internally about what you do and what you do not believe?

That is easy to prove by looking at events that took place from 1844 - 1892 and by looking at geographical locations that are in OT prophecies.

That has been proven and it is all in this book: Thief in the Night by William Sears

Do you really think I am going to look through all events that took place from 1844 - 1892 and look at geographical locations that are in OT prophecies to try to figure out what you are going on about?

Do you really think I am going to read a book by a fallible Bahai adherent when I won't even bother to read all your Ballulah cut and paste walls? Really?

That's a pretty lazy way to try to make an argument but is typical of religious people.

ecco

Veteran Member
It was because of God's mercy that he put an end to the cruelties of all those who were practicing cruelty in the time of the flood because they were practicing evil and cruelty against each other...

Cain practiced cruelty toward Abel. Why didn't God just get rid of them and start over then? Nah! It was much more fun to wait until there were a lot of people - women, children, pregnant women. THEN, horrifically drown them all. Keep in mind that when Cain killed Abel, your God already knew he was going to wait some years and then horrifically drown everyone.

What a merciful Guy He really is.

What does this say about you? You think waiting until there were a lot of people was more merciful than just zapping Cain and Abel. You think horrifically drowning all those people was more merciful than just poofing them off the face of the earth.

ecco

Veteran Member
God is not willing that any should perish and is a God of mercy to all those who believe and follow his Word but to all those who deny Gods' Word our God will be a fiery furnace with all delusion of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved and for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. It doesn't have to be that way though. We all choose our path and who we follow.

CAN I GET A HALLELUJAH!

Gosh, I thought PROSELYTIZING was not permitted.

You really do not understand God's Word now do you..

Oh, was that "God's word"? I thought that was you proselytizing.

Yep gotta love a God of mercy

Yeah. They seem to be in short supply since the days of Athena.

ecco

Veteran Member
Jesus is 1/3 of God. Jesus' appearance on earth was the result of the Holy Ghost (another 1/3 of God) raping and impregnating a young virgin.

Also, your Bible states that the sons of God came to earth and had sex with human females. Since God had these other sons, Jesus could not have been His "only begotten son".

Don't you know these things are written in your Bible? Don't you understand them?
Now I only feel sorry for you as you really are confused. You do not understand the scriptures at all do you or what they are teaching. It seems the scriptures are fulfilled in you and that you have been given over to strong delusions that you should believe lies because you have never received the love of the truth that you might be saved *2 Thessalonians 2:10-12.

You really do not understand God's Word now do you.

Yadda, yadda, yadda. But you haven't been able to show where anything I said was wrong. If the sons of God came to earth and mated with humab females then Jesus was not The Only Begotten Son.

Show where I'm wrong. Show where you know the scriptures better than this atheist.

ecco

Veteran Member
Perhaps you should read the posts and the scriptures you are quoting from. Ignoring God's Word does not make it dissappear.

You really do not understand God's Word my friend do you

You keep making that nonsense accusation. However, you have been unable to show where I am wrong or where I have misquoted your scripture. This is your opportunity to show your greater knowledge. Go for it.

ecco

Veteran Member
Nope there in lies your problem your simply ignoring the content of the posts and the scripture shared with you that show why your in error and repeating yourself. Ignoring God's Word does not make it dissappear. You do not know me or my experience in life and none of what you have shared has any truth in it.

See above post # 178
You really do not God my friend do you

I am not your friend. I choose my friends carefully. My friends are rational people.