• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So What Happened To All The Changes, Tribulations, And Woe Jesus Had Promised?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You do not know that "Matthew" did not get the Jesus quotes from Jesus/God. All you know is that he was not an eyewitness. You do not know that Jesus/God didn't come to him in ~200 AD and tell him exactly what to write. If I recall correctly, "Matthew" never says one way or the other.
I know that the authors of the Gospels never knew Jesus so they could not get “anything” from Jesus, because Jesus was long since gone from this earth. I do not know there are no pink unicorns in my garage but I am just about as sure of that as I am that Jesus/God didn't come to the Gospel author in ~200 AD and tell him exactly what to write.

There is no evidence that Baha'u'llah actually spoke to God other than Baha'u'llah saying God spoke to him. [/quote]
There is no proof but there is evidence.
No rational person could distinguish between. In point of fact, probably 99% of Christians would completely disagree with you.
Why do you think it matters what other people think?

Anyone who bothered to look at their character and their works could easily distinguish between them.

That may not be skin off your nose, but it's a pretty good indicator of the status of your religion. LDS began much later, with an equally silly story and now has twice the followers of Bahai.[/quote]
If you think numbers of believers matter you are committing the fallacies of ad populum and the band wagon fallacy.

Matthew 7:13-14 Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Denying is not correcting.
But correcting is correcting.
I do not CARE if I make mistakes. That is what humans do. Only God is infallible.

I also do not care about the past. I live FULLY in the here-and-now.
It is very unhealthy to keep rehashing the past.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
How do you account for the fact that LDS is half the age of Bahai with twice the adherents?
LDS is a sect of Christianity and Christianity has been around for over 2000 years. How many Christians do you think there were in the beginning?

"Just how small was the Christian movement in the first century is clear from the calculations of the sociologist R Stark (1996:5-7; so too Hopkins 1998:192-193).Stark begins his analysis with a rough estimation of six million Christians in the Roman Empire (or about ten percent of the total population) at the start of the fourth century... There were 1,000 Christians in the year 40, 1 400 Christians in 50, 1 960 Christians in 60, 2 744 Christians in 70, 3 842 Christians in 80, 5 378 Christians in 90 and 7,530 Christians at the end of the first century.

These figures are very suggestive, and reinforce the point that in its initial decades the Christian movement represented a tiny fraction of the ancient world."

How many Jews became Christians in the first century?

The LDS have Christianity as the basis for their beliefs; they are Christians so those beliefs are familiar to everyone. By contrast, the Baha'i Faith started from scratch and its teachings were new, and very different from any other religion that preceded it. People normally resist and reject what is new and different, especially when they are "attached" to the older religions, which is obviously the case. Just read on this forum.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Here we go. Another writer/interpreter - Abdu’l-Baha.

The Bab
Baha’u’llah
Shogi Effendi
Abdu’l-Baha

You guys are starting to sound like the Christians with their Mattew, Mark, Luke, and John.

So much writing, so many writers, so much nonsensical rambling.

I believe at least you have it right about the nonsensical rambling.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Well, let's see.

Know thou that when the Son of Man yielded up His breath to God, the whole creation wept with a great weeping.

That's one big lie. Most of creation had never even heard of a preacher named Jesus. Dang few wept.

By sacrificing Himself

Another big lie. Jesus did not sacrifice himself. God did not sacrifice himself.

By sacrificing Himself, however, a fresh capacity was infused into all created things.

One more lie unless you can show how and what capacity was infused into any things.

Its evidences, as witnessed in all the peoples of the earth, are now manifest before thee.

Are we still counting the number of lies in this one short paragraph? Need I really point out that nothing was witnessed by all the peoples of the earth? Don't you know that? Can't you see for yourself how nonsensical these writings really are?

It makes philosophical sense even though it is not logical.The concept would be that as God suffers the whole world suffers also since He holds everything together provided of course that suffering could affect God adversely which is probably not the case.

Muffled

Jesus in me
So you accept that Jesus spoke the words attributed to him in the sermon on the mount. That's over 2200 words.
Did you ever stop to think...
Did you ever ask yourself...

How did Matthew accurately record that very long speech?

Did you ever stop to think...obviously not
Did you ever ask yourself...obviously not

I believe it was more likely the operation of the Holy Spirit who Jesus said would bring everything back into memory.

ecco

Veteran Member
ecco Previously
Most of creation had never even heard of a preacher named Jesus. Dang few wept.
Another big lie. Jesus did not sacrifice himself. God did not sacrifice himself.

It makes philosophical sense even though it is not logical.

No. It makes no sense whatsoever, Logical, Philosophical, or any other way.

The concept would be that as God suffers the whole world suffers also since He holds everything together provided of course that suffering could affect God adversely which is probably not the case.

God didn't seem to suffer too much when he drowned nearly all humans. As far as Jesus is concerned, His stay on earth, 33 some years, is a teeeeensy portion of His alleged eternal life. His pain on the cross? Way less than the pain you or I experience getting one hair cut.