• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So What Happened To All The Changes, Tribulations, And Woe Jesus Had Promised?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Here you go again, making self contradictory comments.

If "All gods (plural) are imaginary", there can be no "one true God."
There cannot be "many gods" because there is no God but the true one God.

“God witnesseth that there is no God but Him, the Gracious, the Best-Beloved. All grace and bounty are His. To whomsoever He will He giveth whatsoever is His wish. He, verily, is the All-Powerful, the Almighty, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 73

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Stuff like this?

Tis from Our rapture that the clouds of realms above are raining down;8’Tis from Our anthem that the mysteries of faith are raining down.

2Upon the Eastern wind Cathay’s entrancing musk doth waft;This sweetly scented breeze from Our curling locks is raining down.

3The day-star of adornment hath dawned forth above the face of God;Behold that mystic truth which from His Countenance is raining down.

4The sea of purity hath from the wave of true reunion surged;This precious, rare bestowal from our rapture is raining down.

5The treasuries of love lay hid within the very heart of Fárs; From out this treasure trove the pearls of faithfulness are raining down.

6The splendour of the rose doth bring the ecstasy of choicest wine;This subtle music from the ringing tones of Lordship is raining down.

7The trumpet-blast of Judgement Day, the joyful bliss of heaven’s call—Both at a single breath are from the firmament now raining down.​

Uh huh.
No, nothing like that. That is not about how great God is... Where did you find that anyway?

Try these passages on for size…

“Regard thou the one true God as One Who is apart from, and immeasurably exalted above, all created things. The whole universe reflecteth His glory, while He is Himself independent of, and transcendeth His creatures. This is the true meaning of Divine unity. He Who is the Eternal Truth is the one Power Who exerciseth undisputed sovereignty over the world of being, Whose image is reflected in the mirror of the entire creation. All existence is dependent upon Him, and from Him is derived the source of the sustenance of all things. This is what is meant by Divine unity; this is its fundamental principle.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 167

“Our purpose in revealing these words is to show that the one true God hath, in His all-highest and transcendent station, ever been, and will everlastingly continue to be, exalted above the praise and conception of all else but Him. His creation hath ever existed, and the Manifestations of His Divine glory and the Day Springs of eternal holiness have been sent down from time immemorial, and been commissioned to summon mankind to the one true God. That the names of some of them are forgotten and the records of their lives lost is to be attributed to the disturbances and changes that have overtaken the world.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 174

sooda

Veteran Member
Agreed there is some application to the temple, and the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD but this was only one sign of many and not the second coming and the end of the world which was the question JESUS was addressing in MATTHEW 24:3. It is only one of the signs to be fulfilled before the second coming and the end of the world. The final generation "this generation" are the ones that know all things are fulfilled *MATTHEW 24:4-51 and the second coming and the end of the world is near, even at the door *MATTHEW 24:33 but no man knows the day or the hour *MATTHEW 24:36.
Doesn't say anything about the FINAL generation.

sooda

Veteran Member
Satan and Jesus kissed and made up. The apocalypse was cancelled. No refunds.

Those aren't necessarily his words. We don't have his words. We have people claiming what his words were.

Well, I know I bought the popcorn but it's getting stale.

movie-theatre-popcorn.jpg

The bible isn't God's Word. God didn't write a single line.

Isn't the time he showed back up after dying technically the second time? You're waiting for something that actually already happened, right?

So will Vishnu.

Do you believe God must do what the bible says, or can He have His own ideas?

Jeremiah lived during the fall of Judah. He is referencing the fall of Judah.

And I feel Paul is the liar.

Never confuse a bad trip with divine mandate. Drugs are bad, m'kay?

Jeremiah - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah

Jeremiah (probably after 650 - c. 570 BC), also called the "weeping prophet", was one of the major prophets of the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament of Christian Bible). According to Jewish tradition, Jeremiah authored the Book of Jeremiah, the Books of Kings and the Book of Lamentations, with the assistance and under the editorship of Baruch ben Neriah, his scribe and disciple.

Jeremiah - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah

Muffled

Jesus in me
I do not believe that God punished Adam & Eve for the fruit incident. I believe that was an allegorical story, not a true story. One interpretation of the story is explained in this chapter: 30: ADAM AND EVE

“We must reflect a little: if the literal meaning of this story were attributed to a wise man, certainly all would logically deny that this arrangement, this invention, could have emanated from an intelligent being. Therefore, this story of Adam and Eve who ate from the tree, and their expulsion from Paradise, must be thought of simply as a symbol. It contains divine mysteries and universal meanings, and it is capable of marvelous explanations. Only those who are initiated into mysteries, and those who are near the Court of the All-Powerful, are aware of these secrets. Hence these verses of the Bible have numerous meanings.”

You can read the chapter if you want to know some of those meanings.

I never said that I do not consider it Holy Scripture. I only said I do not interpret it literally. All of the Bible was not intended to be interpreted literally.

I believe it would be fitting and proper for God to punish disobedience so why would one believe otherwise?

I believe there should be a basis for that that you have not mentioned, otherwise it is prima facie God's account of what happened.

I believe one must have a reason for doing so, otherwise it is just conjecture on your part.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe the question is what is meant by "this generation." As is usually true in good exegesis one must look at the context. In the previous verse it says "when you see all these things" which includes a trumpet call and the gathering of the elect which has not happened yet. So the most reasonable understanding of "this generation" is the one that sees all those things happen.

3rdAngel

Matthew 23 is in reference to the generation that sees "ALL THESE THINGS COME TO PASS THEN SHALL THE END BE" The FINAL generation is the last generation before then END OF THE WORLD and before the second coming.

sooda

Veteran Member
Matthew 23 is in reference to the generation that sees "ALL THESE THINGS COME TO PASS THEN SHALL THE END BE" The FINAL generation is the last generation before then END OF THE WORLD and before the second coming.

The final generation before the new era.. It was never intended to be taken literally.

That's a Protestant thing.

ecco

Veteran Member
from what Baha’u’llah and Abdu’l-Baha wrote about Jesus, and also what is in the NT.
Here we go. Another writer/interpreter - Abdu’l-Baha.

The Bab
Baha’u’llah
Shogi Effendi
Abdu’l-Baha

You guys are starting to sound like the Christians with their Mattew, Mark, Luke, and John.

So much writing, so many writers, so much nonsensical rambling.

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
“Know thou that when the Son of Man yielded up His breath to God, the whole creation wept with a great weeping. By sacrificing Himself, however, a fresh capacity was infused into all created things. Its evidences, as witnessed in all the peoples of the earth, are now manifest before thee.

Well, let's see.

Know thou that when the Son of Man yielded up His breath to God, the whole creation wept with a great weeping.

That's one big lie. Most of creation had never even heard of a preacher named Jesus. Dang few wept.

By sacrificing Himself

Another big lie. Jesus did not sacrifice himself. God did not sacrifice himself.

By sacrificing Himself, however, a fresh capacity was infused into all created things.

One more lie unless you can show how and what capacity was infused into any things.

Its evidences, as witnessed in all the peoples of the earth, are now manifest before thee.

Are we still counting the number of lies in this one short paragraph? Need I really point out that nothing was witnessed by all the peoples of the earth? Don't you know that? Can't you see for yourself how nonsensical these writings really are?

ecco

Veteran Member
I do not reject ALL His quoted words as storytelling, only the stories like the resurrection.
So you accept that Jesus spoke the words attributed to him in the sermon on the mount. That's over 2200 words.
Did you ever stop to think...
Did you ever ask yourself...

How did Matthew accurately record that very long speech?

Did you ever stop to think...obviously not
Did you ever ask yourself...obviously not

ecco

Veteran Member
No, nothing like that. That is not about how great God is... Where did you find that anyway?
I found that rambling nonsense on one of the official Bahai sites...

See, it says: bahai.org
And: library/authoritative-texts
Attributed to: bahaullah
With references to: divine

Instead of asking where I found it why couldn't you? Just Google:
Bahai "Tis from Our rapture that the clouds of "