• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So What Happened To All The Changes, Tribulations, And Woe Jesus Had Promised?

Kelly of the Phoenix

So, what happened?
Satan and Jesus kissed and made up. The apocalypse was cancelled. No refunds.

Otherwise, why would you be concerned about His Words?
Those aren't necessarily his words. We don't have his words. We have people claiming what his words were.

Are you worried about it?
Well, I know I bought the popcorn but it's getting stale.

This will be fun watching all the apologetic tap-dancing.
movie-theatre-popcorn.jpg

These are Gods Words not mine and you do not believe them. Sadly though you saying you do not agree with the scriptures does not make the scriptures untrue it only means you disagree with God's Word which are not mine but God's so your argument is with God not me.
The bible isn't God's Word. God didn't write a single line.

that must be fulfilled before the 2nd coming
Isn't the time he showed back up after dying technically the second time? You're waiting for something that actually already happened, right?

Matthew 24:30-31 And THEN SHALL APPEAR THE SIGN OF THE SON OF MAN IN HEAVEN: AND THEN SHALL ALL THE TRIBES OF THE EARTH MOURN, AND SHALL SEE THE SON OF MAN COMING IN THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN WITH POWER AND GREAT GLORY. [31] And HE SHALL SEND HIS ANGELS WITH A GREAT SOUND OF A TRUMPET, AND THEY SHALL GATHER TOGETHER HIS ELECT FROM THE FOUR WINDS, FROM ONE END OF HEAVEN TO THE OTHER.
So will Vishnu.

Yep someones going to be in for a shock at the second coming and the end of all things.
Do you believe God must do what the bible says, or can He have His own ideas?

Jeremiah lived during the fall of Judah. He is referencing the fall of Judah.

2 Thessalonians 2:8-12 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:. Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
And I feel Paul is the liar.

Here is the description of the final battle as it is described in Revelation. In verse 21 we see that the remnant of the wicked are slain with the sword.
Never confuse a bad trip with divine mandate. Drugs are bad, m'kay?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Repeatedly investigating bogus religious claims falls into the category of:

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”
Einstein Mar 23, 2017

Every one of your links that I have followed has led to nothing more than reading more unsubstantiated nonsense. Why would you expect me to continue to follow them forever?
I do not expect you to do anything. You can waste the rest of your life talking to Christians about the Bible if you want to, it is no skin off my nose.
As just another example, you were trying to show Biblical prophecies that prophesied Balulus coming. Did I really need to investigate more than one to know that your prophecies were nonsensical? Do you think I would pursue such insanity?
Do you think I give a rip what you do? It is your eternal life that is at stake, not mine.
On the other hand, you might want to consider why you would repeatedly post links that do not support your position.
I have no position that I am trying to support and I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. I just respond to posts that are posted to me. I have no dog on this fight.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I don't think you realize how many "IF"s you used.

Nevertheless, are you admitting that IF there are contradictions and IF all those meaning are not correct, then scripture is worthless?
No, the scripture is not worthless, but most of the interpretations by Christians are worthless.
There are contradictions in scripture regardless of interpretation.
There are things in scripture that are incorrect regardless of interpretation.
Ergo, scripture is worthless.

Actually, the morals ascribed to in scripture would be enough to discredit it entirely.
That’s true, there are many contradictions in the Bible and the way the writers have depicted God’s morality is a joke. So why do you keep talking about the Bible?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Then why did you bother making the absurd comment: "There are better ways to protect scriptures in this modern age".
Only because you brought it up. I just respond to what is posted to me.
Ah, yes. The old, "It's God's Will". A school bus accident kills half of the ten-year-olds on board. Which half? "It's God's Will". Why was the bus in an accident? "It's God's Will". 227,898 die in a tsunami in 2004. "It's Gods Will".

By that logic, it was God's Will that 6,000,000 Jews died at the hand of the Nazis.
That’s true, and lots of those things happened throughout history and will continue happening because people have disobeyed God’s commandments and rejected God’s Messengers. Actions have consequences.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
No one needed to put Atlas or Thor or the Abrahamic God on a table to examine him. All that was necessary was delving a bit into the origins. All that was necessary was reading the literature and stories supporting him/her. All that was necessary was understanding man's need for gods.

If you believe those Bible stories about God then you get what you deserve.
By rational people in some cases. By members of other religions in most cases.

Gods are the creation of man's imaginings. PERIOD.

Or are you someone who believes Thor is a real god who causes lightning?
You are right about that. All gods (plural) are imaginary because there is only one true God.

“God witnesseth that there is no God but Him, the Gracious, the Best-Beloved. All grace and bounty are His. To whomsoever He will He giveth whatsoever is His wish. He, verily, is the All-Powerful, the Almighty, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 73

“Regard thou the one true God as One Who is apart from, and immeasurably exalted above, all created things. The whole universe reflecteth His glory, while He is Himself independent of, and transcendeth His creatures. This is the true meaning of Divine unity. He Who is the Eternal Truth is the one Power Who exerciseth undisputed sovereignty over the world of being, Whose image is reflected in the mirror of the entire creation. All existence is dependent upon Him, and from Him is derived the source of the sustenance of all things. This is what is meant by Divine unity; this is its fundamental principle.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 167

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I stand corrected - maybe-.

I may be wrong but 90% of your supportive writing is about Balulu and Shogi Effendi. You write very little about the glories of God.

But, whatever.
That was Baha’u’llah’s job, to write about the glories of God and He did a lot of such writing. In fact a huge part of Gleanings is about God and how great God is.

3rdAngel

The bible isn't God's Word. God didn't write a single line.

Sure he did.... :)

Exodus 20:1-19
[1], And God spoke all these words, saying,
[2], I am the LORD your God, which have brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
[3], You shall have no other gods before me.
[4], You shall not make to you any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
[5], You shall not bow down yourself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
[6], And showing mercy to thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
[7], You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that takes his name in vain.
[8], Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
[9], Six days shall you labor, and do all your work:
[10], But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD your God: in it you shall not do any work, you, nor your son, nor your daughter, your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger that is within your gates:
[11], For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: why the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
[12], Honor your father and your mother: that your days may be long on the land which the LORD your God gives you.
[13], You shall not kill.
[14], You shall not commit adultery.
[15], You shall not steal.
[16], You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
[17], You shall not covet your neighbor's house, you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ***, nor any thing that is your neighbor's.
[18], And all the people saw the thunder, and the lightning, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off.
[19], And they said to Moses, Speak you with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die.

Exodus 32:16 [16], And the tables were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God, graven on the tables.

2 Timothy 3:16 [16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

Isn't the time he showed back up after dying technically the second time? You're waiting for something that actually already happened, right?

Died the second time??? Not sure your your talking about here.

3rdAngel said: Matthew 24:30-31 And THEN SHALL APPEAR THE SIGN OF THE SON OF MAN IN HEAVEN: AND THEN SHALL ALL THE TRIBES OF THE EARTH MOURN, AND SHALL SEE THE SON OF MAN COMING IN THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN WITH POWER AND GREAT GLORY. [31] And HE SHALL SEND HIS ANGELS WITH A GREAT SOUND OF A TRUMPET, AND THEY SHALL GATHER TOGETHER HIS ELECT FROM THE FOUR WINDS, FROM ONE END OF HEAVEN TO THE OTHER.
Your response...
So will Vishnu.
So will Vishnu what?
Do you believe God must do what the bible says, or can He have His own ideas?
The bible is God's ideas revealed to mankind.
Jeremiah lived during the fall of Judah. He is referencing the fall of Judah.
God's Word has many applications. God is not the God of the dead but of the living *Matthew 22:32.
3rdAngel said: 2 Thessalonians 2:8-12 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:. Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Your response..
And I feel Paul is the liar.
This is sad for you. I believe God's Word.
Never confuse a bad trip with divine mandate. Drugs are bad, m'kay?
Then please do not take them :)

ecco

Veteran Member
No, the scripture is not worthless, but most of the interpretations by Christians are worthless.

If the interpretations by Christians are worthless, who is going to make worthwhile interpretations of scripture? You Bahais?

That’s true, there are many contradictions in the Bible and the way the writers have depicted God’s morality is a joke. So why do you keep talking about the Bible?

Because I find it interesting the way you mentally switch from lending credence to the Bibles to denigrating them.

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
That’s true, and lots of those things happened throughout history and will continue happening because people have disobeyed God’s commandments and rejected God’s Messengers. Actions have consequences.

Of course, man has disobeyed God’s commandments and rejected God’s Messengers. Rightly so. You reject Jesus because, by your own admission, you can know nothing about him.

You reject "his quoted words" as storytelling. Maybe many people throughout history have come to the same conclusions as you Bahais. And without a disgruntled Muslim to tell them.

ecco

Veteran Member
You are right about that. All gods (plural) are imaginary because there is only one true God.
Here you go again, making self contradictory comments.

If "All gods (plural) are imaginary", there can be no "one true God."

I'm beginning to become a believer in Freud.

ecco

Veteran Member
That was Baha’u’llah’s job, to write about the glories of God and He did a lot of such writing. In fact a huge part of Gleanings is about God and how great God is.
Stuff like this?

Tis from Our rapture that the clouds of realms above are raining down;8’Tis from Our anthem that the mysteries of faith are raining down.

2Upon the Eastern wind Cathay’s entrancing musk doth waft;This sweetly scented breeze from Our curling locks is raining down.

3The day-star of adornment hath dawned forth above the face of God;Behold that mystic truth which from His Countenance is raining down.

4The sea of purity hath from the wave of true reunion surged;This precious, rare bestowal from our rapture is raining down.

5The treasuries of love lay hid within the very heart of Fárs;From out this treasure trove the pearls of faithfulness are raining down.

6The splendour of the rose doth bring the ecstasy of choicest wine;This subtle music from the ringing tones of Lordship is raining down.

7The trumpet-blast of Judgement Day, the joyful bliss of heaven’s call—Both at a single breath are from the firmament now raining down.​

Uh huh.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Of course, man has disobeyed God’s commandments and rejected God’s Messengers. Rightly so. You reject Jesus because, by your own admission, you can know nothing about him.

I can know about Jesus, from what Baha’u’llah and Abdu’l-Baha wrote about Jesus, and also what is in the NT.

“Know thou that when the Son of Man yielded up His breath to God, the whole creation wept with a great weeping. By sacrificing Himself, however, a fresh capacity was infused into all created things. Its evidences, as witnessed in all the peoples of the earth, are now manifest before thee. The deepest wisdom which the sages have uttered, the profoundest learning which any mind hath unfolded, the arts which the ablest hands have produced, the influence exerted by the most potent of rulers, are but manifestations of the quickening power released by His transcendent, His all-pervasive, and resplendent Spirit.

We testify that when He came into the world, He shed the splendor of His glory upon all created things. Through Him the leper recovered from the leprosy of perversity and ignorance. Through Him, the unchaste and wayward were healed. Through His power, born of Almighty God, the eyes of the blind were opened, and the soul of the sinner sanctified.

Leprosy may be interpreted as any veil that interveneth between man and the recognition of the Lord, his God. Whoso alloweth himself to be shut out from Him is indeed a leper, who shall not be remembered in the Kingdom of God, the Mighty, the All-Praised. We bear witness that through the power of the Word of God every leper was cleansed, every sickness was healed, every human infirmity was banished. He it is Who purified the world. Blessed is the man who, with a face beaming with light, hath turned towards Him.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 85-86

You reject "his quoted words" as storytelling. Maybe many people throughout history have come to the same conclusions as you Bahais. And without a disgruntled Muslim to tell them.
I do not reject ALL His quoted words as storytelling, only the stories like the resurrection.