• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So What Happened To All The Changes, Tribulations, And Woe Jesus Had Promised?

Consider:

Matthew 24:3-4(KJV) "...the end of the world?" And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you...
So, as I see it, all the events enumerated in Matthew 24 up to verse 34 were supposed to have taken place before some of the people that where then living had died. So, what happened?

You've misunderstood this passage. The KJV is a poor translation here. Mt 24:3 "end of the age" is correct and is found in most Bible versions - google that. The end of the Age of Pisces occurred on 12.21.12 and the Age of Aquarius/Messianic Age began. This marked the return of the Christ/Albert Einstein reincarnated; see Seven Seals Revealed - Beyond Einstein Theories .

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I don't believe any of it is true. I have posted many times that the writers of the Bible stories were people trying to get a new religion established. That is true for the OT and the NT. It is also true of anything Baluluah and John Smith and Muhammed wrote.
If you do not believe any of it is true, or even possibly true, why bother discussing it? :confused:
However, that is not the point of discussion. The point of the discussion is whether or not the writers expected people to accept their writings as factual and not as allegory or just-so stories.
How do you think anyone can ever know that?
Do you think Baluluah expected you and others to accept his writings as truth? If so, why don't you give the same amount of respect to other writers of scripture?
The question is if it is literal truth or figurative truth. There is no way to prove it either way so one just has to use some common sense...... belly of a whale?

Yes I am sure Baha'u'llah did expect that, but guess what? The Baha'is have something the Jews and Christians do not have. We have interpreters of the Writings of Baha'u'llah, Abdu'l-Baha and Shoghi Effendi, and they were appointed by Baha'u'llah, so if we have a question about the meaning we can read what they wrote. We also have the UHJ to help us if we do not understand something Baha'u'llah wrote.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Duh! When the Bible writers wrote about "Son of Man", they didn't know about Baluluah.
So what?
Baha'u'llah was the return of the Son of Man, but since He had not returned when the Bible was written, nobody knew about Him yet. It is called a prophecy because it has not happened yet.
Duh!

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Really? In real factual terms or in nonsensical metaphysical terms?

Your link goes to an index page. Do you expect me to look through all the articles until I find Baluluah's writings about clouds?
No, you just happen to be in luck because I already have that posted on my forum five years ago so you can read it on the links below. :D

Delphi Forums Login

Delphi Forums Login

Those links might not work unless you are logged in as a member, so if they do not work you can Google The Spiritual Horizon Delphi and that will get you to my forum and then as a visitor you can look in the folder called Christian Subjects and then you will find the thread called Son of Man Coming in the Clouds.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Uh huh.
I'm sure the keepers of the Holy Grail also carefully protected it.
I'm sure the keepers of the Arc of the Covenant also carefully protected it.
Oops.
Stuff happens.
Stuff happens but I do not live in the future.
Besides, we are not living in the days of old. There are better ways to protect scriptures in this modern age.
When you use the term "tablets" are these stone tablets or what?
No, they were on some kind of paper.
Stone went out of vogue with Moses. :rolleyes:
Many people have founded religions. Betcha can't name them because the "winners" struck their names from the rolls of history. Do you even know who Marcion is? Have you read any of his writings? Do you know how many NT books/stories were not included in accepted scripture?

Just like Muhammed and Joseph Smith and Jim Jones and David Koresh and Sung Myong Moon and Shiva and.........
And so?
Anyone can found a false religion but that does not mean that true religions do not exist.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
You have stated the all religious writings except those from Baha’u’llah were written by fallible men. Now you want to point to these writings and show they made precise prophecies.
Oh my God! I've been asking Baha'is these same questions for a couple of years now. And you can't win because they believe it is true and false at the same time. True when it is a prophecy, but they take the symbolic language and interpret it to point to their prophet. But with things that are written as being real historical events, like the flood, Jonah and the big fish, and Jesus rising from the dead... those are not literally true, only figuratively true. So pretty much they can say anything they want, and in their minds they are right and not contradicting themselves.

How can you say that Moses' writings have been corrupted over time? Give some examples.
One thing they say is that Ishmael, not Isaac, was taken by Abraham to be sacrificed. This goes against Jewish and Christian beliefs about what it says in Genesis. But it fits with Islam and Baha'i beliefs.

However, that is not the point of discussion. The point of the discussion is whether or not the writers expected people to accept their writings as factual and not as allegory or just-so stories.
I asked them so many times why four different gospel writers would tell the story of the crucifixion of Jesus and go straight into a "symbolic" story of how he came back to life.

I'm enjoying reading your responses to the Baha'is and the Christians, but I will surely understand if you choose to give up on them. Just know that your posts are appreciated.

3rdAngel

I'm enjoying reading your responses to the Baha'is and the Christians, but I will surely understand if you choose to give up on them. Just know that your posts are appreciated.

I do not believe in Bahai's faith, but what is your problem with the Christian faith? Do you also believe as your friend falsely claims that the God of all things in Heaven and earth is a rapist? This foolishness is simply evidience of someone that does not know the scriptures, and would rather believe in lies than to believe in God or His Word. The fools says in his heart there is no God *PSALMS 14:1. Your friend only proves the bible true *1 Corinthians 2:14 what about you?

Last edited:

Skwim

Veteran Member
You've misunderstood this passage. The KJV is a poor translation here. Mt 24:3 "end of the age" is correct and is found in most Bible versions - google that.
And the "evil" in Isaiah 45:7, "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things." is the most popular translation of the Hebrew "ra'," so there's no question that this is what god does: he creates evil.

The end of the Age of Pisces occurred on 12.21.12 and the Age of Aquarius/Messianic Age began. This marked the return of the Christ/Albert Einstein reincarnated; see Seven Seals Revealed - Beyond Einstein Theories .
Astrology? ASTROLOGY??? Okay. :rolleyes:

ecco

Veteran Member
Please show where I have lied. Accusing someone of being a liar is contrary to the rules of the forum. If you can prove I lied, I'll accept that. However, I am not a moderator.
Your lie as shown through the scriptures as quoted was in reference to THESSALONIANS 2:11 is you trying to make out that God raped Mary which is simply a lie you have chosen to believe not based on any fact or scripture because you do not understand the scriptures because you do not believe in God. You ignoring context and the scriptures provided in love and as a help to you does not make them disappear. You are only proving God's Word true.

I quoted scripture - that is not lying.
I stated my opinions regarding the quoted verses - that is not lying.

If you don't like the opinions I presented regarding your scripture - too bad.

Nevertheless, by any decent standard of morality, a powerful entity coercing an innocent young girl to become pregnant is rape.

Everyone following this thread is still waiting for you to show where I lied. If you cannot, and you stand by your false accusation, what does that make you?

Wouldn't you agree that calling someone a liar, when they have not lied, is in and of itself lying?

However, I know that you will never admit that. One has to wonder about the morals of anyone who justifies rape.

3rdAngel

I quoted scripture - that is not lying.
I stated my opinions regarding the quoted verses - that is not lying.

If you don't like the opinions I presented regarding your scripture - too bad.

Nevertheless, by any decent standard of morality, a powerful entity coercing an innocent young girl to become pregnant is rape.

Everyone following this thread is still waiting for you to show where I lied. If you cannot, and you stand by your false accusation, what does that make you?

Wouldn't you agree that calling someone a liar, when they have not lied, is in and of itself lying?

However, I know that you will never admit that. One has to wonder about the morals of anyone who justifies rape.

You have already been shown your errors are in the interpretations your applying to the scriptures. You quoting scripture was never the problem. It was the interpretation you applied to the scriptures that was the lie. This was proven to you by adding the rest of the scriptures and context you ignored in coming up with your false interpretation but you do not believe God's Word because you do not know God :)

ecco

Veteran Member
You've misunderstood this passage. The KJV is a poor translation here. Mt 24:3 "end of the age" is correct and is found in most Bible versions - google that. The end of the Age of Pisces occurred on 12.21.12 and the Age of Aquarius/Messianic Age began. This marked the return of the Christ/Albert Einstein reincarnated; see Seven Seals Revealed - Beyond Einstein Theories .
For the lurkers, here is the mindset of the person writing the book and, by extension, the poster.

Seven Seals Revealed - Beyond Einstein TheoriesOn Friday Feb 14, 2003 - Valentine's Day - I took the prophesied (Revelation 5:1) "book/ scroll sealed with 7 seals"/'Beyond Einstein Theories' to Washington DC. I had called the George Walker Bush (Jr.) White House two weeks earlier at 202-456-1414, asked for a Secret Service agent, and informed him what I was bringing and when I would arrive. "It will snow alot when I get there." I was immediately met after I got off the plane on the jet bridge at Ronald(6 letters) Wilson(6) Reagan(6) National Airport by three representatives of the US Department of State Diplomatic Security including its head Chuck Hunter (I have his card). I gave him a booklet and reminded them, "It will snow alot."​

ecco

Veteran Member
If you do not believe any of it is true, or even possibly true, why bother discussing it? :confused:
Duh. I see that you only have discussions with your fellow Bahais. Oh, wait.

How do you think anyone can ever know that?
Why would you think anything different?

The question is if it is literal truth or figurative truth. There is no way to prove it either way so one just has to use some common sense...... belly of a whale?
There are people today, in this civilized, advanced country, that believe it. Three thousand years ago the authors wrote what they believed.

Yes I am sure Baha'u'llah did expect that, but guess what? The Baha'is have something the Jews and Christians do not have. We have interpreters of the Writings of Baha'u'llah, Abdu'l-Baha and Shoghi Effendi, and they were appointed by Baha'u'llah, so if we have a question about the meaning we can read what they wrote. We also have the UHJ to help us if we do not understand something Baha'u'llah wrote.

Nonsense. Your writings and teachings are just as nonsensical and far fetched as belly of a whale and lived-died-lived-rose to heaven.

In the final analysis, you have absolutely nothing to show that Baluluah communicated with a God. NOTHING! Ditto for Muhammed, Charles Russel, Jesus, Shiva, Moses, Athena, Joseph Smith et al.

ecco

Veteran Member
So what?
Baha'u'llah was the return of the Son of Man, but since He had not returned when the Bible was written, nobody knew about Him yet. It is called a prophecy because it has not happened yet.
Duh!
So why can't you show the prophecy?

ecco

Veteran Member
No, you just happen to be in luck because I already have that posted on my forum five years ago so you can read it on the links below. :D

Delphi Forums Login

Delphi Forums Login

Those links might not work unless you are logged in as a member, so if they do not work you can Google The Spiritual Horizon Delphi and that will get you to my forum and then as a visitor you can look in the folder called Christian Subjects and then you will find the thread called Son of Man Coming in the Clouds.
Nope. Way too much work, way too little return.

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
All of which makes all scripture really worthless.
Can't you keep up with the thread? I was responding to your post...

The fact that some scriptures can have more than one meaning is just the nature of scriptures. Some scriptures can have more than one meaning and some have one obvious meaning, but you’d be surprised the lengths people will go to in order to deny the meanings that are obvious. Some Baha’is will say that Baha’u’llah did not mean for us to interpret the self and passion writings literally just because they do not want to face reality.

ecco

Veteran Member
Stuff happens but I do not live in the future.
Besides, we are not living in the days of old. There are better ways to protect scriptures in this modern age.
Are you really that naive? Really? We already see that videos can be faked. If videos can be faked today, what significance will anyone give to alleged writings that were allegedly written 3000 years earlier by an alleged ex-Muslim who talked to an alleged God? NONE!

No, they were on some kind of paper.
Stone went out of vogue with Moses

Then why do you and Bahais refer to them as tablets?
If it ain't...
10032612-old-paper-made-to-look-like-a-stone-tablet-with-a-three-dimensional-look-and-subtle-crack-lines-.jpg

...and it ain't...

...it ain't a tablet.

It sounds to me like someone is trying to make some stuff important when it really isn't.

And so?
Anyone can found a false religion but that does not mean that true religions do not exist.

Every god that has been rigorously examined has been found to be nothing more than the product of man's imaginings. Every religion that has been rigorously examined has been found to be nothing more than a method of propagating a belief in the gods that man's imaginings created.

You claim that your God is the same as the Abrahamic God. We know of the Abrahamic God via Jewish and Christian scripture. That's the same scripture that you poo-hooed for referencing the belly of a whale. You, yourself dismiss the descriptive stories of the God you allegedly worship.

But, yeah. You don't really worship God, do you? You worship a Messenger of a God. Boggles the mind.

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
Oh my God! I've been asking Baha'is these same questions for a couple of years now. And you can't win because they believe it is true and false at the same time. True when it is a prophecy, but they take the symbolic language and interpret it to point to their prophet. But with things that are written as being real historical events, like the flood, Jonah and the big fish, and Jesus rising from the dead... those are not literally true, only figuratively true. So pretty much they can say anything they want, and in their minds they are right and not contradicting themselves.
Yep.
One thing they say is that Ishmael, not Isaac, was taken by Abraham to be sacrificed. This goes against Jewish and Christian beliefs about what it says in Genesis. But it fits with Islam and Baha'i beliefs.
Yep.
I asked them so many times why four different gospel writers would tell the story of the crucifixion of Jesus and go straight into a "symbolic" story of how he came back to life.
I'm sure they have always provided sound rational answers.

(For the newbies who might not know...the above was sarcastic)

Thank you.

To some degree, I'm just killing time until Microsoft's new Flight Sim becomes available (Spring?)
Having said that, I may just go back to Trainz in the interim.

ecco

Veteran Member
You have already been shown your errors are in the interpretations your applying to the scriptures. You quoting scripture was never the problem. It was the interpretation you applied to the scriptures that was the lie. This was proven to you by adding the rest of the scriptures and context you ignored in coming up with your false interpretation but you do not believe God's Word because you do not know God
Keep telling yourself that while you continue to ignore:
16“You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.​

I find it interesting that the Commandments specify:
17“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”​
But don't say owning slaves is wrong.

I also note, as I'm sure you are aware, that there is no prohibition of Rape. I wonder why.