• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So What Do I Do Next?

First time caller, long time listener.

Big fan. I have been lurking for a long time and I am wondering if there is anything I should do next to join in? Is there any initiation rites or something? I have different views when it comes to religion, I guess you can call me an atheist but that doesn't exactly fit since I believe in a spirituality. I hate unicorns and My Little Pony and other cutesy crap that plagues the internet. I am mostly a leftist but can see that conservatives sometimes have a point when it comes to actually conserving somethings. I like Schopenhauer. I like pistachio ice cream. I like to bake. And I have a puppy.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member

Big fan. I have been lurking for a long time and I am wondering if there is anything I should do next to join in? Is there any initiation rites or something? I have different views when it comes to religion, I guess you can call me an atheist but that doesn't exactly fit since I believe in a spirituality. I hate unicorns and My Little Pony and other cutesy crap that plagues the internet. I am mostly a leftist but can see that conservatives sometimes have a point when it comes to actually conserving somethings. I like Schopenhauer. I like pistachio ice cream. I like to bake. And I have a puppy.
Hello there!

I think first things first you should get yourself an avatar :)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Welcome. Atheists can/many do believe in spirituality. Spirituality isn't deity-specific. I'm not sure why people associate atheists=no supernatural. So, you can be both. No unicorns.
unicorn.jpg
You're in a no unicorn zone.

Follow The Artis Magistra Way, and simply go ahead and feel free to blab extensively about yourself, your ideas, everything or anything at all!

Daemon Sophic

Welcome aboard @Ratt Blastard . Have some chocolate. It’s very useful. Remember, its the best thing for treatment after an attack by a dementor (which you will get a lot of here). ;)
qM0NDkh.gif

And by the way. The normal initiation rites here involve you messaging me your bank account and credit card numbers.....No rush. Any time. :)

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Umm...no.
I think you misunderstood the poster when they said you should get an avatar. That's just a name for your little picture that goes with your username. Mine is that model of the early universe. Others have cats, or some other creative thing or another.

You ask is there a ritual here? Sure. Consider your ad hoc profile pic, your baptism into the club. :)

BTW, I liked what you said in the OP. I look forward to discussing with you. Welcome to RF.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

Be aware that there will be indulgent foods offered for your cyber taste buds to be satiated....bacon will sometimes also be offered.
Wait for it....

You should fit right in here.....lurkers can turn into interesting posters.

Welcome! :D

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

Pay tributes of haggis to @Revoltingest?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Welcome... and, of course, what is the name of your supply? :)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
All nice and good, welcome to the Forums.
Would have liked that you get an an avatara like Eddi said. But you said 'no'. You must have had your reasons.