• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So what am I?

Jinse

Lawrence's other half
I am a baptized catholic. I do not practice it however. There are instances when I believe that there is a god in times like when my boyfriend was accidentally hit by a car previously or when facing problems. I do pray but I just see it as a mental activity that is good in a way. There are times that I question if there is god because I cannot see any evidence. I am not seeking for any path. I am just puzzled on how I can classify my self having those things stated.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Jinse,

So what am I?
Find myself to be a part of that WHOLE which has evolved to this stage of BEING which is labelled *human* by humans themselves.
Follow/do not follow paths/ways/religions to BE [in tune with the *whole*.]

At a point was a wander like you and started questioning like you but only to the *self* and slowly realised what have mentioned above.
However have no wish to thrust that on others as there is no other is understood but also understand that those who are HERE-NOW will be in oneness in itself.

Love & rgds

Jinse

Lawrence's other half
Friend Jinse,

Find myself to be a part of that WHOLE which has evolved to this stage of BEING which is labelled *human* by humans themselves.
Follow/do not follow paths/ways/religions to BE [in tune with the *whole*.]

At a point was a wander like you and started questioning like you but only to the *self* and slowly realised what have mentioned above.
However have no wish to thrust that on others as there is no other is understood but also understand that those who are HERE-NOW will be in oneness in itself.

Love & rgds

I know that I am human of course and I am part of the whole. In fact I am part of the balance. There is you and there is me, night and day, good and bad and the yin and the yang. I am asking because I have some hard time identifying my self. I am a baptized catholic but I do not practice what catholics do. Prayer for them is a relationship with god but for me it is some thing that is psychological and that I pray because it somehow bring good things on some cases. So I do not consider my self a catholic. There are times however that I believe that there might be a god somewhere but I doubt most of the time. The end effect is I have problem on how to label my self. A catholic? agnostic? or just label I am what I am?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Jinse,

Whatever you think you are, are all MIND DELUSIONS.
One IS THAT which the mind CANNOT think off!

Love & rgds

Jinse

Lawrence's other half
Friend Jinse,

Whatever you think you are, are all MIND DELUSIONS.
One IS THAT which the mind CANNOT think off!

Love & rgds

You totally miss the point. What I am asking is what I can be classified of by stating things about me? If one cannot think of what he is what kind of mind does that person have? What is then the purpose of your own mind if you cannot think of what your self is? Even in the simplest ways. 0_o

Last edited:

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Jinse,

You are right, am used to being in the no-mind and so have no use of any mind.
Please do not mind a person with no-mind!

Love & rgds

Jinse

Lawrence's other half
Friend Jinse,

You are right, am used to being in the no-mind and so have no use of any mind.
Please do not mind a person with no-mind!

Love & rgds

The problem I think is that you follow the zen principle which teaches nothingness. While I follow the yin-yang principle which there are harmony on things.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Jinse,

When you are the balance yourself; why seek balance??

questions and answers are already balanced so are you; then be calm!

Love & rgds

Jinse

Lawrence's other half
Friend Jinse,

When you are the balance yourself; why seek balance??

questions and answers are already balanced so are you; then be calm!

Love & rgds

I am calm. We contribute to that balance zenzero. My questions are not answered yet so there is still an imbalance. I do not even have the answer to my self yet.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Jinse,

My questions are not answered yet so there is still an imbalance. I do not even have the answer to my self yet.

The *self* is found within and without, through meditation and clearing all *mind delusions* and all questions themselves are mind delusions.
If you are unable to understand such language, then you have to excuse me as presently know of no other way to get it across as to who or what the *self* is.

Love & rgds
*self* is what the mind cannot perceive off!

Jinse

Lawrence's other half
Friend Jinse,

The *self* is found within and without, through meditation and clearing all *mind delusions* and all questions themselves are mind delusions.
If you are unable to understand such language, then you have to excuse me as presently know of no other way to get it across as to who or what the *self* is.

Love & rgds
*self* is what the mind cannot perceive off!

That is the difference. You think *mind* does not exist but I think that the *mind* is infinite.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Well perhaps you are Catholic, perhaps you are something else. But you are you and you must find what you believe in. Try to connect with your real self and ask, "what do I really believe in?" and write it down. Then compare it to religions.

It is quite possible that you don't believe in one specific religion but a mixture of them. I'm starting to think that I'll never fit in one religion but rather just practise one that I make myself, from my own ideas.

You just have to be honest with yourself! :) Good luck!

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Jinse,

No-thoughts is what no-mind IS is what the *self* IS, which is also the universal mind or one mind.

Keep going, best wishes to meet that *self*.

Love & rgds

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I am a baptized catholic. I do not practice it however. There are instances when I believe that there is a god in times like when my boyfriend was accidentally hit by a car previously or when facing problems. I do pray but I just see it as a mental activity that is good in a way. There are times that I question if there is god because I cannot see any evidence. I am not seeking for any path. I am just puzzled on how I can classify my self having those things stated.

There are many others just like you. Non-practising whatevers. :) One of the sense we get (depending quite a lot on cultural context) is that we need a faith of some kind. and yet people with no belief (agnostic) just go along happily. So I don't really see anything wrong with that at all.

OTOH, if you are actually seeking, personally I would advise you just to watch for signs, (only in a subtle way) and try to tune into your own intuitive faculties on it. Where do you feel comfortable?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
A good place to start is taking the Belief-O-Matic quiz. It's not perfect, but it'll give you (and us!) an idea of what you should look into. :)

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member

I think more information on other beliefs, rather than just god, would help if you want to label yourself. I'd say that you're an atheist. Mostly because you only seem to believe when something is going wrong, like when people close to you are suffering. That's my two cents anyway.