1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, the rapture. Any day, right?

Discussion in 'General Debates' started by mr.guy, Aug 26, 2005.

1. michel

michel Administrator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,658
    I don't see why, besides, if you aren't worrying about it, you're having a better life anyway!:D

2. jamaesi

jamaesi To Save A Lamb

Ratings:
    +837
    And the world has supposed to be ending... since it was first made.

I tend to laugh at most OMGTHEENDISNIIIIIGH theories. It hasn't yet no matter how many times people claim it.

I believe the world will end when we start throwing more nukes around or when the sun burns out. Both are rather unpleasant. : D

3. EnhancedSpirit

EnhancedSpirit High Priestess

Ratings:
    +490
    As soon as we learn how to do it. I believe the Mayans learned how to Rapture-as it has come to be called. It is also called Ascension. I believe Jesus raptured himself. I do not believe he actually died on the Cross, I believe he raptured. I can not say why I believe this, I'm looking for why, and if it's a valid theory.

4. Watcher

Watcher The Gunslinger

Ratings:
    +48
    Maybe Bush is the antichrist!!!!!!!!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

5. mr.guy

mr.guy crapsack

Ratings:
    +460
    Maybe i am.

boo!

6. Majikthise

Majikthise Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Think of all the open parking spaces and short lines at the Wal Mart checkouts!WOO HOO!!!!!

7. joeboonda

joeboonda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +200
    HI! Well, ya know I believe the Bible, and believe the church will be raptured (caught up), before the Great Seven Year Tribulation, when the world will have, according to revelation, the most horrible time of judgment it has ever seen. Revelation also speaks of a great number of people who get saved during the tribulation by trusting in Christ, and a great many who are martyred for it.

So, if suddenly a lot of people vanish from this earth, don't believe the theories that they may have been abducted by aliens, or only the more 'evolved' people were left behind. If a lot of folks you know to be Christians disappear, you can be sure it is the rapture.

In Daniel, it says the tribulation begins with the signing of a peace treaty with Israel and the surrounding countries by the antichrist. Until 1948, when Israel became a nation again, this was a bit of a mystery, but now, I can see events unfolding in our lifetime, so I think the rapture could possibly happen in our or our childrens lifetime, but we cannot say for sure. Everything seems to be falling in to place, though. PEACE!

8. Watcher

Watcher The Gunslinger

Ratings:
    +48
    I know the antichrist. he's a cool guy... www.passionoftheantichrist.com :bounce

WHAT!?!?!? ALL THE CHRISTIANS ARE GONNA DISSAPEAR!!??!?!!? :woohoo:

just kidding, you know i love ya guys:bonk:

Serious question....isn't isreal close to signing something with palestine?

9. chariot of fire

chariot of fire New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    i think what can be found on this site of rapture index are signs of the end times....not rapture.

10. chariot of fire

chariot of fire New Member

Ratings:
    +1

11. EnhancedSpirit

EnhancedSpirit High Priestess

Ratings:
    +490
    Jonathan Bethel is the Director of the Omega Point Institute, a futurist think tank, consciousness research group, center for spiritual studies, and singularity watch group that studies the relationship between human consciousness and the accelerating trends within science, technology and culture. In a word, Jonathan is a singularitarian. His shamanic name is Seshua. He currently resides in Atlanta, Georgia.

JONATHAN BETHEL: A lot of the talk about the Age of Aquarius and a “new age” of spirituality has to do with the realization of the divine man within. I believe you will begin to see groups gather around the concept of this awakening.

A lot of our religious material, especially prophecy, has to do with the awakening of super-humanity at a specific time in the future. If a technological singularity is really going to occur, then it has always existed on the temporal landscape; it has always been accessible to any shaman who is able to alter his or her consciousness and view the time continuum. This is exactly what John of the Island of Ptamos saw prior to scribing the Book of Revelations. We can look on it as a new heaven and a new earth, or as the idea of a New Jerusalem. I think all the talk about the second coming is about the realization of the transhumanist man. Also, Aleister Crowley’s concept of the Age of Horus depicts this current environment, as in “The unveiling of the company of heaven” and “Every man and women is a star.” This has yet to occur, but if the singularity happens, our own divine natures will be revealed. In “Keys of Enoch,” J.J. Hurtak describes the release of material man into a whole new reality, a fundamentally spiritual event. Also, Nietzsche foresaw the realization of the Übermensch, or super-human. It is obvious to me that we have been glimpsing this attractor for some time. Of course, I can’t imagine what great minds will achieve with nanotechnology, faster-than-light technology, robotics, or super chemistry.

12. michel

Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,658
    I can't honestly think that I feel the need to think about this; having had a few 'close calls' in life, and being disabled, I tend to live life from day to day.

The future will take care of itself, come what may. If it happens in my lifetime, it happens; I have learned a while back that to worry about tomorrow is senseless; it will be neither as good, nor as bad as I expect.:)

13. michel

Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,658
    There's a day coming when God is going to put an end to all of sin. This "day" is actually a 7-year period that we call the Tribulation, from a speech given by Jesus in Matthew 24.

Daniel 9:24 gives us 4 reasons the Tribulation is going to take place:
    1. To make an end of sins
    2. To make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness
    3. To seal up the vision and prophecy
    4. To anoint the most Holy
    But Satan is not going to relinquish the Earth without a fight; and since God's most powerful combat angel cannot stop him (Jude 9), God Himself is going to intervene.

So why the Rapture?

Whenever two or more countries are about to go to war, one of the first acts is to call their ambassadors home. The Bible says we are ambassadors in 2 Corinthians 5:20 ---

NOW THEN WE ARE AMBASSADORS FOR CHRIST

Thus God is going to call us home first.

14. smokydot

smokydot Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Good presentation.

Regarding your statment below (in red), that you believe the rapture is imminent, that no other prophecy must first occur:

have you looked at 2 Thessalonians 2:3?

"Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion (apostasy) occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of perdition."

Don't those two things have to occur first before the rapture can be imminent?

#34 smokydot, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  15. ninerbuff

ninerbuff godless wonder

Ratings:
    +100
    Hey if it happens, think of the possibility of a more balanced government.

16. DallasApple

DallasApple Depends Upon My Mood..

Ratings:
    +1,491
    Any day now..Im a nice girl..I'll go to heaven..(I think)... :)

Love

Dallas

17. smokydot

smokydot Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +14
    According to 2 Thess 2:3, a couple of things have to happen first (post #34).