• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So.Many.Faces!

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
So we just need a guitarist and we're good to go.

Anyone? @Justanatheist? @Conscious thoughts?

Rhythm guitar?

2638E64F-897E-4F4C-A279-408331A7822E.jpeg

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Very cool! I was picturing a Russian-looking brunette for some reason.

My hair is naturally brunette, but I haven't had a naturally occurring color on my head in 22 years.

Your style is somehow different than what I expected, however not your face - the style is the only thing I wasn't expecting.

What were you expecting?

I used to have a killer voice, but I haven't used it in a while so I'm not sure if it's still there.

Naykidape Is mostly into percussion. Most of the time it doesn't have anything to do with music.

Yeah, me too. I used to love vocals, especially the surprise element. I'm 5'2, and everyone was expecting something dainty to come out of me, not heavy metal.

Occasionally I open up my mouth to sing, and I see that its true... if you don't use it, you lose it.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
My hair is naturally brunette, but I haven't had a naturally occurring color on my head in 22 years.

What were you expecting?

Yeah, me too. I used to love vocals, especially the surprise element. I'm 5'2, and everyone was expecting something dainty to come out of me, not heavy metal.

Occasionally I open up my mouth to sing, and I see that its true... if you don't use it, you lose it.

I would think that with raising 3 kids your voice would get all the workout it ever needs. :p

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
We're pretty much there. ZZ Top isn't known for their guitar solos. Where are your shades?

In my truck. :D

I don’t do lead or solo either... I hate pentatonics, could never get my head wrapped around them.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

I most recently remember red.

I sing in my van every day...probably about 7 out of the 10 hours I'm driving.

Today it was Pentatonix...with some Smiths mixed in. Yes... I get strange looks.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Actually, I was going to tomorrow. As of tomorrow, you fine folks have been putting up with me for a full year. Thought I may as well show my face...

But first I have to take a picture, because the only picture I have of me that isn't awful is 15 years old.
Happy Anniversary by the way! :thumbsup:

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I would think that with raising 3 kids your voice would get all the workout it ever needs. :p

Strangely, because my middle son loves for people to get upset and angry, I have a surprising amount of vocal restraint... Its turned me into an actor.

I most recently remember red.

I sing in my van every day...probably about 7 out of the 10 hours I'm driving.

Today it was Pentatonix...with some Smiths mixed in.

Yeah, it was recently red. Parts still are, at the bottom.

Slipknot's harder in the car.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Happy Anniversary by the way! :thumbsup:

Thanks! I'm surprised I made it a year without being tossed out!

To all those I offended... sorry about that.

To all those I didn't offend.... well, there's always next year.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Strangely, because my middle son loves for people to get upset and angry, I have a surprising amount of vocal restraint... Its turned me into an actor.

You don't want to see me doing Tool in the car. Forty Six and 2 and Sober. I can give Maynard a run for his money.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

I used to have my own genre: real mellow music with really nasty lyrics.

I called it Folk rap.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
You don't want to see me doing Tool in the car. Forty Six and 2 and Sober. I can give Maynard a run for his money.

Actually, I do want to see that!

I used to have my own genre: real mellow music with really nasty lyrics.

I called it Folk rap.

That sounds awesome!

I keep getting outvoted on the ban. :(

Well, I can throw a vote in, if its any help.

I don't want to put up with me, either.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
What were you expecting?

I was expecting someone who looked more like your typical Illinois Christian housewife. I know, it's horrible of me, because you live a few states from Illinois I think, and I've never thought of you as being a Christian on here because it simply isn't true. In regards to what the Christian Illinois housewives I've seen look like - they shop the $3 bin at Walmart. They don't dress up because they're too worried about getting gum or barf in their hair. I was stereotyping based on my culture and where I live, and that's wrong to do.

I should probably stop talking now before I say the wrong thing that I didn't mean to and draw fire - but in my defense, early on you talked a lot about the "George" identity and I may have pictured you dressing more like a tomboy as a result.

This just goes to show why some of us may need pictures. Because minds, or my mind, is horrible at filling in the blanks.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I was expecting someone who looked more like your typical Illinois Christian housewife. I know, it's horrible of me, because you live a few states from Illinois I think, and I've never thought of you as being a Christian on here because it simply isn't true. In regards to what the Christian Illinois housewives I've seen look like - they shop the $3 bin at Walmart. They don't dress up because they're too worried about getting gum or barf in their hair. I was stereotyping based on my culture and where I live, and that's wrong to do.

I should probably stop talking now before I say the wrong thing that I didn't mean to and draw fire - but in my defense, early on you talked a lot about the "George" identity and I may have pictured you dressing more like a tomboy as a result.

This just goes to show why some of us may need pictures. Because minds, or my mind, is horrible at filling in the blanks.

These are my nice clothes. Right now I'm in sweats, because I'm at home and the kids, dogs, and cats will cover me in dirt, food and paw prints, but typically when I go out I wear something much different.

I have junk clothes, and I have dress clothes, but nothing in between.

I kinda like concealing my personality with some of the clothes... it makes the person that much more shocked when I come up and ask them to pull my finger.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
These are my nice clothes. Right now I'm in sweats, because I'm at home and the kids, dogs, and cats will cover me in dirt, food and paw prints, but typically when I go out I wear something much different.

I have junk clothes, and I have dress clothes, but nothing in between.

I don't have junk clothes (though most of my wardrobe most would consider junk (I haven't bought clothes (save one pair of jeans, a pack of boxers, and a pack of t-shirts, in the last 10 years. What I wear depends upon the weather.

I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of guy, with flannels when it's below 60. I like tropical button-downs when it's 80+ (most are my late brother's, who died in 2000, so that should give you an indication of my wardrobe updates).

I dress to impress...myself. I give a hoot what others thing of what I wear (or how I present myself as a whole).

ETA: That flannel you're seeing in my avatar...15 years old...at least.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
We'll always see you as having the best, and most controversial, fashion sense, though. You can blame someone other than myself for that.

Well yeah... There's that. Ignore what you just read.