• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So.Many.Faces!

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
It's no big deal, but I may find it hard to go back to normal RF later after everyone takes their pictures down - my brain has the really annoying habit of assuming someone with a cartoon picture or superhero picture or whatever, as a young court jester, when in doubt. Whereas all these real pics just seem to put a more professional vibe to the forum, like we're becoming a site for professional or more mature discussions...

Could just be me, though.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I remain unable to show any pictures of myself here due to safety concerns, so you get this for now. It's close enough since it's of my favorite celebrity. :D

images

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It's no big deal, but I may find it hard to go back to normal RF later after everyone takes their pictures down - my brain has the really annoying habit of assuming someone with a cartoon picture or superhero picture or whatever, as a young court jester, when in doubt. Whereas all these real pics just seem to put a more professional vibe to the forum, like we're becoming a site for professional or more mature discussions...

Could just be me, though.
Seeing people's faces humanizes them and makes their presence real in a way that I think it's hard to return from.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Seeing people's faces humanizes them and makes their presence real in a way that I think it's hard to return from.

Yeah. What I was getting at before, was that all these faces gives RF a Quora vibe - which might be good for deep discussions where you really have to understand people, but bad for hoarsing around and the usual Games forum banter (in theory).

MikeF

Premium Member
I've never seen so many members show their real faces in their avatars as I'm seeing now.

In the interest of solidarity, I'm setting my owl (or "roadkill", as @Rival refers to it), aside to show my ugly mug face with my RF brothers and sisters.

Who else wants to join us?

I have taken the plunge. On your head be it that everyone must now gaze upon my mug! :)

MikeF

Premium Member

I agree with you. I think in these types of forums we tend to develop simple caricatures of the other usernames we interact with. We rarely 'see' anything personal that let's us build a clearer picture of the whole person.

As always though, even with the picture, there is a lot more to the book than simply the cover.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
This thread is awesome! Thank you to everyone who shared their faces here! I love seeing what you look like! You're all beautiful!

I agree with @ADigitalArtist. Seeing what someone looks like IRL reminds us that we are interacting with real people here, and not just words on a screen.

@Quagmire, I have bass covered for a ZZ Top cover band. How's your singing voice? Can the monkey play an organ grinder?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
This thread is awesome! Thank you to everyone who shared their faces here! I love seeing what you look like! You're all beautiful!

I agree with @ADigitalArtist. Seeing what someone looks like IRL reminds us that we are interacting with real people here, and not just words on a screen.

@Quagmire, I have bass covered for a ZZ Top cover band. How's your singing voice? Can the monkey play an organ grinder?

I used to have a killer voice, but I haven't used it in a while so I'm not sure if it's still there.

Naykidape Is mostly into percussion. Most of the time it doesn't have anything to do with music.