• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So.Many.Faces!

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I've never seen so many members show their real faces in their avatars as I'm seeing now.

In the interest of solidarity, I'm setting my owl (or "roadkill", as @Rival refers to it), aside to show my ugly mug face with my RF brothers and sisters.

Who else wants to join us?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Actually, I was going to tomorrow. As of tomorrow, you fine folks have been putting up with me for a full year. Thought I may as well show my face...

But first I have to take a picture, because the only picture I have of me that isn't awful is 15 years old.

Viker

Häxan
I didn't have time for makeup or clothes...but here ya go.

DSC9262_Dm_6821_medusaEDSHP.jpg

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
One thing I should clarify is the backstory on my picture. It's an old photo of my real face that uses filters. "Filters" are little enhancements in lighting etc so that my face doesn't crack people's screens. As a transgender person, I've been devoting more time to my appearance lately, and my looks are changing. However, by some bizarre turn of events, this picture turns out to also be kind of how I look these days when I'm "all dolled up". Which I guess makes sense, since it is using my real face.

Any way, even if it turns out to somehow not be accurate right down to the finest details like my microscopic pores - it's still better than the skinny 80's woman I had on there before that, who wasn't me. And it uses my face and looks like me in cases where I devote a lot of time to my appearance. When I get a better picture, I'll probably put it up instead, but like I said, to me it beats some 80's girl.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
It's my Xbox Live Avatar lol. I was pleasantly surprised that they had kilts, I only wish you could edit them a bit better, and that the bloody shirt was tucked in proper!

I couldn't get my Xbox Live avatar even close to what I look like. Kudos on the representation.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I don't have an XBox, but I really enjoy making video game faces in a game on my Nintendo called Miitopia. I should also provide the tip that the only real good way to make faces on it is to use the extras they include in the menus, after you craft the initial face/body.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I enjoy seeing people's real faces, and my avatar is my real face, however people should always consider safety first when posting identifiable pictures online when they live in parts of the world that could make them a target for the expression of their views
In my opinion

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I enjoy seeing people's real faces, and my avatar is my real face, however people should always consider safety first when posting identifiable pictures online when they live in parts of the world that could make them a target for the expression of their views
In my opinion

Yes. Please don't post your real face it it places you in any sort of danger.

Good call, @danieldemol!

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
In my opinion

Yeah, I've thought over all the safety concerns. While your opinion is valid to consider - I don't worry too much these days as I've posted pictures on multiple sites and nothing bad has happened, however the one time something really bad did happen to me, I was unbelievably careful and a random string of events happened anyway.