• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So Jesus is not God?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
No one teaches a baby to lie. Many do it when they first get in trouble for doing something their parents told them not to do. Comes natural.

(see Psalm 58:3)
But not everyone blames a young child for lying. They are not of the age of accountability. Nor are we blaming people for Adam's sin. We do not blame one person for the sin of another. That's what I mean by not believing in Original sin. You can accept that part of us has a flawed nature while still rejecting Original Sin.

74x12

But not everyone blames a young child for lying. They are not of the age of accountability. Nor are we blaming people for Adam's sin. We do not blame one person for the sin of another. That's what I mean by not believing in Original sin. You can accept that part of us has a flawed nature while still rejecting Original Sin.
Whatever, I don't care about "original sin". I have my own views. Our flesh is inclined towards sin from birth and we will all die which proves 100% that we are sinful. Or else we would be immortal. I do believe that young children are innocent but even their flesh dies. Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. People will die for their own sins. I know we're born sinful and we have to repent of our sins.

moorea944

Whatever, I don't care about "original sin". I have my own views. Our flesh is inclined towards sin from birth and we will all die which proves 100% that we are sinful. Or else we would be immortal. I do believe that young children are innocent but even their flesh dies. Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. People will die for their own sins. I know we're born sinful and we have to repent of our sins.

Good points, thank you for your words. Just want to make a comment on something. We are not born sinful, but we are born with a sinful nature that is prone to sin. We inherit that from Adam.

But your absolutely correct that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom. That's why we wait for your Lord's return.

Thanks for your comments.

Ellen Brown

Good points, thank you for your words. Just want to make a comment on something. We are not born sinful, but we are born with a sinful nature that is prone to sin. We inherit that from Adam.

But your absolutely correct that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom. That's why we wait for your Lord's return.

Thanks for your comments.

Perhaps another explanation is that we were 'Created/Evolved' to question and to explore, and like the little floor robot that sweeps floors, we are guided by the obstacles we encounter? Often I don't know that I've done wrong until what I did is done to me. We can please or displease God by what we do with that experience?

One of my recognizable faults is that I tend to chew on things, and later it can turn to sin if I do not forgive and forget. That does not mean that I have to let them do it to me again... Oh, maybe it does, "70 times 7 times"? I'd struggle with that part. Hmmmm

Muffled

Jesus in me
They believe babies are born pure and open to the love of God.

They also don't believe in blood sacrifice or that hell is eternal.

I believe that has no substance. It is basically an assumption.

I believe a person who does not accept the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross is not forgiven his sin and will not enter into eternal life.

I believe Hell has no time and that is what is meant by eternal. However if a person outside of Hell were to measure that time it would be a hell of a long time.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Original sin is the tendency to sin innate in all human beings, held to be inherited from Adam in consequence of the Fall. The concept of original sin was developed in the writings of St. Augustine.

I believe I am only 1.9% Jewish so I guess I only have 1.9% sin, lol.

TrueBeliever37

All this confusion is because people do not understand about the distinction between the flesh and the Spirit.

God is a Spirit. He didn't have blood to shed for man's sins. So he overshadowed the virgin Mary, and made himself a fleshly body (which he called the Son) to dwell in, and sacrifice for sins. The Spirit of God can't die, but the fleshly body he was dwelling in could die.

The flesh had weaknesses just like we do, so he prayed and cried out to the Spirit for strength just like we have to do. But it wasn't another person in the Godhead. It was just the Spirit of God dwelling in a fleshly body. The Messiah said, I and my Father are one, and if you have seen me you have seen the Father. He was both Father and Son - flesh and Spirit.

Ellen Brown

All this confusion is because people do not understand about the distinction between the flesh and the Spirit.

God is a Spirit. He didn't have blood to shed for man's sins. So he overshadowed the virgin Mary, and made himself a fleshly body (which he called the Son) to dwell in, and sacrifice for sins. The Spirit of God can't die, but the fleshly body he was dwelling in could die.

The flesh had weaknesses just like we do, so he prayed and cried out to the Spirit for strength just like we have to do. But it wasn't another person in the Godhead. It was just the Spirit of God dwelling in a fleshly body. The Messiah said, I and my Father are one, and if you have seen me you have seen the Father. He was both Father and Son - flesh and Spirit.

No, it is you who are confused. You do not get to badger others to agree with your beliefs. God, is the supreme being and defines for himself what form he will take, otherwise Enoch could not have walked with him, and Abraham could not have been his friend. Moses could not have talked with him.

I am non-Trinitarian, a matter which is distressing to others. But, it is for each of us to choose how we relate to God.

TrueBeliever37

No, it is you who are confused. You do not get to badger others to agree with your beliefs. God, is the supreme being and defines for himself what form he will take, otherwise Enoch could not have walked with him, and Abraham could not have been his friend. Moses could not have talked with him.

I am non-Trinitarian, a matter which is distressing to others. But, it is for each of us to choose how we relate to God.

I am not badgering anyone to agree with my beliefs. Everyone is free to believe as they choose. But truth is truth, no matter how any of us choose to believe. The only way to know the truth is to see what the scriptures actually say. I would have hoped that I was free to express my beliefs, just as you are free to express yours.

74x12

What truebeliever37 said is not trinitarian. The trinity is 3 persons in one God. truebeliever is talking about God being One person but also with flesh and blood body which was the Son of God.

Ellen Brown

I am not badgering anyone to agree with my beliefs. Everyone is free to believe as they choose. But truth is truth, no matter how any of us choose to believe. The only way to know the truth is to see what the scriptures actually say. I would have hoped that I was free to express my beliefs, just as you are free to express yours.

Sorry, I was being cranky.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe it is different with God than it is with us. God is in and out of the body at the same time so a dichotomy can be made ie that which is within and that which is without. Evidently for lack of a better term, theologians called each a person.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the Op implies the trinity so it isn't a matter of badgering but simply a matter of being on topic.

Iymus

A question for the Unitarians and other Christians who doubt Jesus is God:

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Notice that it is GOD that demonstrates His love towards us but it is CHRIST who dies.

Let's pretend Jesus is NOT God, just like you claim. How is it GOD showing his love toward us by asking someone else to die?

If the Warden comes to your house and requests you die for someone who's currently in jail, someone who knows and confesses he's guilty, would you consider this an act of love by the Warden?

Remember, I'm not asking if you are loving by agreeing to die for the convicted felon, I'm asking if you feel the Warden is showing his love for you by asking.

This is extremely easy to answer if Jesus is God. But if he's not, I wonder how it's answered.

Thanks for playing!

It is almost impossible to answer unless their is some kind of common understanding.

5 + 5 = 10
5 * 5
however
5+ 5 * 5 = either 30 or 50.

Now if we both can agree on what is expedient " most important", what is the foundation, what is the law then we can both discern what the answer is.

granted we read from left to right in the English language however when it comes to the culture of numbers they have their own foundations and laws which takes precedent. We must multiply before we add. If we cannot agree then one of us will always get the answer 30 while the other 50.

now if someone wants to boast against the natural branches "proper order", oracles of God, and foundation of the bible they will skip the first basic step and be unable to discern the solution or answer.

The Divinity of God is a commandment of God, The Trinitarian Doctrine/ Creed is a creed of man.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
It is almost impossible to answer unless their is some kind of common understanding.

5 + 5 = 10
5 * 5
however
5+ 5 * 5 = either 30 or 50.

Now if we both can agree on what is expedient " most important", what is the foundation, what is the law then we can both discern what the answer is.

granted we read from left to right in the English language however when it comes to the culture of numbers they have their own foundations and laws which takes precedent. We must multiply before we add. If we cannot agree then one of us will always get the answer 30 while the other 50.

now if someone wants to boast against the natural branches "proper order", oracles of God, and foundation of the bible they will skip the first basic step and be unable to discern the solution or answer.

The Divinity of God is a commandment of God, The Trinitarian Doctrine/ Creed is a creed of man.
I’d stick to math. Exegesis and theology are not your strong suit. This is simply not how the exegetical process works.

Riders

The flesh had weaknesses just like we do, so he prayed and cried out to the Spirit for strength just like we have to do. But it wasn't another person in the Godhead. It was just the Spirit of God dwelling in a fleshly body. The Messiah said, I and my Father are one, and if you have seen me you have seen the Father.

He was both Father and Son - flesh and Spirit.
Jesus died on the cross and he was and is not God.

Iymus

Jesus died on the cross and he was and is not God.

In Army I had an Executive Commander who was with the Commander. At times the CO would gave the XO Assumption of Command Orders to where the XO is as the CO for a period of time and does the will of the CO. At some point that authority is given back to the CO and once again he is over all. Essentially The XO was with the CO and Was the CO.

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

1Co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.