• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So I have this stupid idea

Should I do this?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • You are a strange, strange young man

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Comicaze247

See the previous line
I live in southern California, but I'm not 100% sure if I could get in trouble for this. And I'm not advising anyone else should do it. If anyone knows whether or not I'll get in trouble, please let me know.

I'm planning on taping (NOT WRITING) some words on stop signs. I'll illustrate below.

Red = Taped-on words

STOP
HAMMER
TIME

DON'T
STOP
BELIEVIN'

STOP
PLEASE

STOP
COP ->

DON'T
STOP
'TIL YOU
GET
ENOUGH

Good idea?
Bad idea?

cardero

Citizen Mod
The only one from that list that I agree with (that will probably get you off on a lesser sentence if you are arrested) is

STOP
IN
THE NAME
OF LOVE

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
"(1) Defaces with graffiti or other inscribed material"

So does that count pieces of paper with words written on them taped on with scotch tape?
Not sure.
It changes from township to township.

I would assume, unless of course you wanna just ask the local PD, that is is the most damaging and at least the medium expensive.

Turtle

If you're going to vandalize targets, pick something that'll make the news. That's my advise.

I live in SoCal too. I'm thinking maybe of a certain broadcasting network that I wouldn't mind hitting with a tertiary religious title, that has an overly ostentatious place of residence for a place the claims to be a ministry.

Not that I'd advocate hitting churches most of the time, but this one in particular makes tens to hundreds of millions off poor old people, so I'd make an exception.

Bad idea, the payoff is not worth the potential grief. BTW the stop sign near my house says

Stop
war

There are still wars so I don't think it is effective :no:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
You could try this in front of a court house or perhaps a church.

JUST...
STOP

But seriously, I wouldn't advise you do this as you are unnecessarily distracting motorists who should be paying attention to the road - not giggling and spilling their coffee or dropping their cellphones.

Nanda

Polyanna
Around my town, we had,

STOP
EATING ANIMALS

And on the hill near the big art school, someone spray painted a perfect silohuette of the stop sign at the corner on the ground beneath it (like an afternoon shadow) and on the silohuette it says "WAR."

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Yeah, I certainly pay attention to the band stickers and tagging on L.A. street signs. They've changed my views on politics and life in general. :rolleyes: Honestly, save the 3$ on tape.

It would be considered defacement since nothing would be destroyed or damaged. It's still illegal uner PENAL CODE 594A and fines could run around $400. A lot more than a roll of tape btw.

I just posted in this thread so I could type "PENAL".
mmmhmm.gif