• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So How Say You

idav

Being
Premium Member
There are a large number of those that have and are taking issue with Russian influence in US politics. Now I'm just wondering how those of you that are, how should I say, quite amendment about this issue, and have serious issues with firearms in the US see the following:
After Florida School Shooting, Russian ‘Bot’ Army Pounced
I think too many believe the fake news. Liberals have just as many if not more guns than conservatives. I know cause I did an RF poll on it so it’s well researched and documented.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
There are a large number of those that have and are taking issue with Russian influence in US politics. Now I'm just wondering how those of you that are, how should I say, quite amendment about this issue, and have serious issues with firearms in the US see the following:
After Florida School Shooting, Russian ‘Bot’ Army Pounced

Who takes anything on Twitter seriously?

Then again Americans made Kardashian watching a thing.

And, we're going to blame the Russians?

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Who takes anything on Twitter seriously?

Then again Americans made Kardashian watching a thing.

And, we're going to blame the Russians?
You know, blaming the Russians for the Kardashian's does seem plausible, now that you mention it.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I think it's just a shame that some are so much more worried about their machines that kill than about our children getting murdered by people using those machines.

suncowiam

I'm kind confused on what the OP is asking for. If it's just asking for an opinion, then in general, I'm not fond of deceit.

It's propaganda. It's interesting how countries consider what cyber attacks are acceptable without use of physical response. This just suggests that we need another Geneva conference to further define the rules of international warfare in cyberspace. Countries are just pushing each other to their boundaries including the US and it seems the boundaries keep on growing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You know, blaming the Russians for the Kardashian's does seem plausible, now that you mention it.
It's one thing to Blame Russians for electing Trump, & killing Hillary's political career.
But it is another to accuse them of being behind the Kardashians. That's brutal, man.
Have you no shame!

tytlyf

Not Religious
What's the point of the OP? Automated bots that make certain stories trend? Let me guess, you think someone is telling the bots what to say?

Daemon Sophic

I think that the take-home point in the bots’ role in the shooting story is similar to the current state of politics on the federal level.
In addition to feeding all of the right wing sites their propaganda conspiracy stories and lies, the bots also maintain a constant level of divisiveness in the American public. They are trying to incite hatred and tribalism, so that the democracy cannot come to agreement on many many issues. They succeed wildly on the right, and to some degree they even succeed on the left.

While the common sense and reasonable response to multiple horrific school shooting is to step up prevention of dangerous people getting guns, etc.... which the large majority of American citizens (of all political ideologies) agree with. The bots stoke up the crazy 20% of the NRA uber-zealots into thinking that any regulation of guns in the US would lead directly to anarchy, death, and the apocalypse. (see LaPierre’s crazy pre-emptive rant/speech about Parkland; Congresswoman Tenney’s comments about mass murderers being democrats; or this bull about “crisis actors” and “false flags”). :facepalm: :(
These conned suckers get loud enough, and no reasonable action will be taken.