• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So has this DIR become a disinformation platform-the opposite of Luciferianism-or what?

Liu

It's not like much anything would be posted here on a regular basis, though. But I'm not really active here anymore anyway. If I notice something interesting I might reply, but that's rare enough (referring to the LHP-DIR as a whole here.).

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Diluted with propaganda? I agree.

Of course, we could argue the same thing with terms like Satanism for comparison. If you say, "Satanist":

1) Atheistic Satanist
2) Theistic Satanist (there are over three different types of them at least)
3) Some type of Satan-y pagan?

The term really tells you nothing of the beliefs. :D

Luciferians have it even worse, because there are tons of them just pick-a-mixing.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
It's not like much anything would be posted here on a regular basis, though. But I'm not really active here anymore anyway. If I notice something interesting I might reply, but that's rare enough (referring to the LHP-DIR as a whole here.).

Most of those discussions moved to the unofficial sister forum of this sub-DIR due to their content being moddable here. :D When the occasion suits there is cross-posting, but sometimes the very nature of our discussions provoke arguments. It's to be expected with something as personal as LHP thoughts and beliefs. We could argue that we could use the same faith debates, but two LHP folks having the exact same beliefs is unlikely.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Of course, we could argue the same thing with terms like Satanism for comparison. If you say, "Satanist":

1) Atheistic Satanist
2) Theistic Satanist (there are over three different types of them at least)
3) Some type of Satan-y pagan?

The term really tells you nothing of the beliefs. :D

Luciferians have it even worse, because there are tons of them just pick-a-mixing.
I suppose you have to start off in darkness in order to learn to navigate through it.

Liu

Most of those discussions moved to the unofficial sister forum of this sub-DIR due to their content being moddable here.
I noticed, and I would have mentioned that forum in my comment if I didn't know that it already is known to almost all of my foreposters :D
:D When the occasion suits there is cross-posting, but sometimes the very nature of our discussions provoke arguments. It's to be expected with something as personal as LHP thoughts and beliefs. We could argue that we could use the same faith debates, but two LHP folks having the exact same beliefs is unlikely.
I agree with the notion, and I often find myself in disagreement with other LHPers, but still I somehow never seem to get into troubles with the mods here.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I agree with the notion, and I often find myself in disagreement with other LHPers, but still I somehow never seem to get troubles with the mods here.

I don't really blame the mods on that one, rather it's the nebulousness of some of the rules.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Like "only respectful questions in a DIR if you don't identify as that religion?"

More complicated than that... Especially regarding rule #1 and #3. I just evade DIR entirely mostly because if I happen to disagree with something even in the most obtuse of ways it's going to be modded. :D

DIR is basically for non-debate, non-argue, and non-interesting confirmation-bias enhancing posts. So it makes it difficult to have any discussion without getting modded -- it's better just to avoid the posting. :D

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
More complicated than that... Especially regarding rule #1 and #3. I just evade DIR entirely mostly because if I happen to disagree with something even in the most obtuse of ways it's going to be modded. :D

DIR is basically for non-debate, non-argue, and non-interesting confirmation-bias enhancing posts. So it makes it difficult to have any discussion without getting modded -- it's better just to avoid the posting. :D
And that would be all well and good, except that there isn't any agreement on what Luciferianism is, is not, nor what the Left Hand Path is and is not.

FooYang

I blame the fact that Luciferianism as a term is so diluted it really means nothing. I mean, I honestly can't tell you the difference and I've been here awhile. :D

This is my point too. Lucifer is a meaningless word, and in all three Abrahamic religions it is just a star. Nothing special about it, unless your more into Astrological Magic or some **** like that.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
This is my point too. Lucifer is a meaningless word, and in all three Abrahamic religions it is just a star. Nothing special about it, unless your more into Astrological Magic or some **** like that.
Shouldn't Luciferianism be the adherence to Lucifer?