• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So for people who believe in Simulation...

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I was just wondering if they saw any connection between the Bible's descriptions of angels (not to be confused with modern interpretation of seeing angels as human-looking), Machine Elves (a hallucination from a certain type of chemical), and the randomly generated images that are output when you tell an art program such as GIMP to randomly generate an image?

I don't have an answer myself, I'm more just pitching things I find interesting. For study.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Angels are very much like people, cohabited with humans to engender Nephelims.

I've never given myself to the study of angels - I've been of the mind that it's our natural selves', perhaps a coming of age or awareness of who we are inherently. I've likewise viewed angels as being more like children in times past, perhaps that's in the new awareness of being by someone who ... or perhaps a new birth in a family of. I'm uncertain - I'm sure others are better suited for the teaching. Children of God - born and living as men and woman - This seems likely.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
:) I am the child of my father and mother, not of any God. Being the son of God, anointed or unanointed, I leave that for Jesus.

As am I - a child of my mother and father. On the grander scale of existence, however - we are all children of God. At least in the sense of how I understand God, being - All things - both the heavens and the earth. The celestial and terrestrial everywhere and always - Jesus - a prince fallen from, to die as a man, much like ourselves in this terrestrial plane, a teacher and bearer of light and understanding, being full of grace and truth. The terrestrial is corruptible, able to decay and of the earth. The celestial incorruptible and of the heavens. It's who we are, even as we are, and likewise who we'll become after leaving this terrestrial plane. That's how I understand my source of information about our existence. The bible -

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
On the grander scale of existence, however - we are all children of God. .. The terrestrial is corruptible, able to decay and of the earth.
According to the 'Advaita' Hindu view (non-duality) that I follow; we are, and all other things in the universe as well, are just one entity, Brahman. No father, no son. And that is undecaying and incorruptible. We are that in life and that even after our death. Of course, people have different views.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
According to the 'Advaita' Hindu view (non-duality) that I follow; we are, and all other things in the universe as well, are just one entity, Brahman. No father, no son. And that is undecaying and incorruptible. We are that in life and that even after our death. Of course, people have different views.

I would agree with this, even as an individual here on the terrestrial side of life and an individual there on the celestial side of life. Brahman, apparently, is comparable to panentheism, which is what I believe as a Christian (evolutionist).

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Panentheism still needs a God. In my view Brahman is not God. And the word 'divine' can only be applied to the look of a geographical location, music or a woman's beauty. That is why I am an strong atheist Hindu.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Panentheism still needs a God. In my view Brahman is not God. And the word 'divine' can only be applied to the look of a geographical location, music or a woman's beauty. That is why I am an strong atheist Hindu.

We come from where? Our origins are? We live and breath, think and act through what? God is a term used as an identifier of origin, life force, and authority. We exist as and in continually, even as we separate, connect, and increase. A single cell splitting, reconnecting, over and over until a more viable form is created through the processes of change. It's a process of evolution, from a universal expanse to wombs, even our mother's wombs prior to birth. This world is not much different than a mother's womb, existing as a single cell or as a cell in a solar system of other planets. - The solar nucleus of our planetary system, complete with yoke - as the sun - as if this solar nucleus is an egg, forming an even greater living being than we've yet to identify. We're small in comparison to our solar system as humans, but we do exist within it, being part of the body itself.

Whether we call this God, the solar system, our galaxy, or the universe, it remains the same - We belong and originate from a much greater body. Panentheism doesn't require or need to use the term God. It effectively identifies what was, is, and what will be continually as our origin, life force, and authority.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
We come from where? Our origins are? We live and breath, think and act through what? God is a term used as an identifier of origin, life force, and authority.

Panentheism doesn't require or need to use the term God.
Yes, God was a term which we used as answer to all our questions, but we know better now.
Authority! What authority? We are just one of the about 8.7 million life form on earth (Google Search).
We evolved here on earth in sulphur vents in the oceans. We live and breath through our nostrils, think and act with our brain. Why unnecessarily insert mysticism in the process. :)
If panentheism does not require God then why should theism be there in it? We need to use a better term.

Oceanic sulphur vents, Stromatolites in Glacier National Park, Stromatolites in Shark Bay, Australia.

330px-Champagne_vent_white_smokers.jpg
401px-Stromatolites.jpg
363px-Stromatolites_in_Sharkbay.jpg