• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So-called 'Brahman' that has no gunas, is that even possible?

Viswa

You are not that. Don't devalue yourself.
No, I do not believe in astrology.
Sannyasa is the fourth stage of life, not now. At the moment 'dharma' calls you.
OK. Make a start somewhere and do your work deligently.
:hugehug:

Thank you Aup.

Last edited:

ameyAtmA

~ ~
Premium Member
@ameyAtmA
It was interesting to go through your posts where you said that (just like I'm not my headache) Brahman too is NOT its nature/swabhava and that ITS nature/swabhava has a mind of its own which acts upon the universe out of its own accord (without the consent of Brahman) ... just like our hair grows without our consent.

The rest is ok but those 2 phrases in red -- you are putting words in my mouth. Where and when did I say these things in red? Please do not insert words and say I said them.

First, this statement assumes that Bramh's swabhAva/prakruti is a separate entity which it is not, hence Bramh's prakruti, yogamAyA is ALWAYS dependant and tuned. Bramh is in tune with swabhAva.

What you described applies to the jivas in samsAra. The jiva is controlled by mAyA and may do things out of line with its swabhav (nature), but paramAtmA is mAyA-pati! Just the opposite.
Sure I gave the example of the child who grows tall does not take doership upon him/herself for growing tall. The analogy was given for the point about kartA bhAv - doership.
That does not mean Bramh', the pure and highest, paramAtmA's prakruti does things "without Bramh's consent." or "has an independant mind, independant of ParamAtmA".

It is important to understand the concept of "swabhAva" swa + bhAva. Own bhAv.

Last edited:

The Crimson Universe

What you described applies to the jivas in samsAra. The jiva is controlled by mAyA and may do things out of line with its swabhav (nature), but paramAtmA is mAyA-pati! Just the opposite.

It seemed to me you were implying those things in red, even though you didn't explicitly say it in your comment. Sorry about that.

Is jiva and paramatma the same according to your beliefs?

ameyAtmA

~ ~
Premium Member
It seemed to me you were implying those things in red, even though you didn't explicitly say it in your comment. Sorry about that.
It is OK, but that is why I clarified. I need not mention how important clarification is.

Is jiva and paramatma the same according to your beliefs?
Jiva in samsAra is the one entrapped in the triguNAtmic mAyA - the 3 modes of nature. However the innermost core of jiva is the ParamAtmA which is called AtmA in advaita.
Hence jiva is nothing static -- it is a changing temperament -- fleeting nature, fluctuating, just like the waves in your analogy.

The multitude of jivas are the fleeting bubbles on the surface, but [param]AtmA is ONE.

At the same time , "karaN" as KRshNa mentions in the Bhagavad Geeta , is the equipment or instrument, which, if used wisely, can minimize the dependency on the 3 guNas and let the innermost Being , the [param]AtmA shine through.

This is why KRshNa says in BG chapter 7 -- out of the 4 types of devotees, the jnAni is most dear to Me since I feel the jnAni is My AtmA. My own Self.

Last edited:

Viswa

Hi Aup and Ajay.
My life's importance as of now is sir, not to attain wisdom, but to not hurt people with my presence and words. If my presence also hurts, then I m sure will withdraw and go himalayas/etc., so no situation will go adverse because of me and everyone would be happy. :D

I think now that, I won't try to be very conscious of how people might think about me/my actions. Hereafter, if people got hurt of any of my words, then I can't do anything about it if I never intended to hurt them but only share out of love.

This doesn't mean I'm gonna speak continuously (I will remain silent). But, if questions are asked, I only speak out of love and never think "Oh God.. How he/she might gonna take this?.. Omg, they got hurt of my actions/words, I have to ask sorry to them, I must not hurt them anymore, etc.," as such. If they take it as love, very much better. If they take it of hate and hurting them, then it's upto them - because I never try to hurt them but only address the question with my thoughts/perception/knowledge.

Even I feel that, concerning "How people might take this?" and confusing in dilemma "Will they be hurt of it? No, I should not post this.. No,No, I should share this because they have to decide whether it is useful/not but not me.. No, No, I should not post, they themselves will learn, why I should post?..No, No, blah blah blah",
all these are egoistic (a bondage to people's minds).
I feel this "thinking of how people might take this", is not important in my life anymore (I share only out of love - this I know for sure, but if people think it of something else/in same way - it's upto them to decide how to take it), but just Brahman. If I think about "people's minds" upon what I speak, then I fall to thoughts.

So, just Brahman, Brahman, Brahman. Let Brahman take care of my words and silence in mind. I don't know how much practice and fallings it will take, but let's see.

Thanks a lot for the precious advices irrespective of my repeated fallings and learnings. :)