• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, after reading some threads here, I feel like ...

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I was just posting some advises I received from other superior thinkers like yourself and others here. Oh boy, I feel like I shouldn't share my thoughts since they are nowhere near to the level most members here.

Many posters here are seekers....humility is a prerequisite for God to introduce himself to us. Its what we are seeking that makes the difference. We are either looking for a God who fits our requirements or looking to become the kind of person that fits his.

We were all seekers at one time and listening to others is a good way to gauge what is true from what is fantasy.

The ring of truth sounds loud if God is revealing himself.....there is an appetite that we develop once we hear the truth and it becomes obvious that we didn't really know how "hungry" we really were. The more questions we get answered...the more questions we have. That is a good thing. There should be no reasonable question that can't be answered.

Anyway, let's hope I catch up

You'd get there...be patient. ;)

Rational Agnostic

I feel like a defenseless gazelle thrown into a cage of ferocious wild lions. ALL of you are immeasurably superior to me intellectually and most of the time I could not understand a damn thing that's being said, and I just kept staring at screen like a clueless idiot standing in front a mirror. What does that make me?

I don't think that's true. A lot of us pretend to be smart when we really aren't.;)

amorphous_constellation

I feel like a defenseless gazelle thrown into a cage of ferocious wild lions. ALL of you are immeasurably superior to me intellectually and most of the time I could not understand a damn thing that's being said, and I just kept staring at screen like a clueless idiot standing in front a mirror. What does that make me?

Are you sure this is really the problem, because I think maybe there's a more general problem that's involved when statement are made about religion, and that is that is this: that they represent the most amorphous statements that could be made. That is to say, they are unclear and obscure by nature in being so potentially multi-faceted. This is also what makes this area of thought interesting. The fact is, when someone makes a simple statement about god or faith, or our origination or what a spiritual life is etc., all of this doesn't really have a particular heading on the compass. The anchor seems to just be where people put it.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
@Hellbound Serpiente,

As Sunstone said:

... as long as you don't get hit by a car on the RF freeway before "the translation".

Keep your helmet on, your seatbelt strapped, wash your hands, and keep your distance, .... especially from the sabbatarian, non-trinitarian Christians (they're a fesity bunch).
Friend!
How is your health these days? You once told that you are seriously ill.
Regards

Milton Platt

Sometimes you cannot understand because the person posting has studied the subject in depth. sometimes you cannot understand because the poster has no idea what he/she is talking about and is posting nonsense. Wisdom is to know the difference.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Someone with a chance to escape.....

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Makes you as confused as the teachings from 'Christendom' ( so-called Christian but mostly in name only )

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
New I feel like a defenseless gazelle thrown into a cage of ferocious wild lions. ALL of you are immeasurably superior to me intellectually and most of the time I could not understand a damn thing that's being said, and I just kept staring at screen like a clueless idiot standing in front a mirror. What does that make me?
It makes you a lot younger that the average poster. I did not know jack squat when I was your age, I was flailing around like a helpless gazelle. The old adage that wisdom comes with age has some truth to it. Try to be patient with yourself and think of how many years you have to learn. :)

Well, after reading some of your other posts on this thread, I have to amend my post. Wisdom can be attained regardless of age. You sound very wise for your years. :)

Last edited:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
It makes you a lot younger that the average poster. I did not know jack squat when I was your age, I was flailing around like a helpless gazelle. The old adage that wisdom comes with age has some truth to it. Try to be patient with yourself and think of how many years you have to learn. :)

I feel like I can understand a pretty decent amount here with myself at the age of nearly 31, but.... man, have I lived a crazy life, full of heartache and overcoming medical issues.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I feel like I can understand a pretty decent amount here with myself at the age of nearly 31, but.... man, have I lived a crazy life, full of heartache and overcoming medical issues.
Go back and see how I amended my post. ;)

Your crazy life, full of heartache and overcoming medical issues is probably what has made you mature for your age. At your age, I had just started to overcome my psychological issues and it took a very long time. The years prior to that I was completely stagnant. It was as if I had been living in a time warp. I lost many years. :(

Etritonakin

That makes you one in an excellent position. They may have specific knowledge and know specific words, but you have a mind just like they do and are able to observe reality.
I actually do my best to use the most simple words possible. Big words are just a short way of saying a lot of little words, anyway.
It is good to reference the knowledge of those who have gone before, but it is possible to be confined by it if you simply accept it as your own without question -making it difficult to question it or think beyond it. Such allows for both knowledge and error to be passed on.

Just keep an open mind -and a dictionary handy. Say what you mean in a way which can be understood by as many as possible.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Honest.

Few even realize how little they understand.

If I'm talking gibberish (which I do frequently), feel free to ask for clarification. I get annoyed by those who aren't really interested and just want to steal my time but I will answer any sincere question. It may be a link to a longer text or a video but sometimes there is a long story behind it that isn't easily summarized.