• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, after reading some threads here, I feel like ...

Hellbound Serpiente

I feel like a defenseless gazelle thrown into a cage of ferocious wild lions. ALL of you are immeasurably superior to me intellectually and most of the time I could not understand a damn thing that's being said, and I just kept staring at screen like a clueless idiot standing in front a mirror. What does that make me?

Curious George

Veteran Member
I feel like a defenseless gazelle thrown into a cage of ferocious wild lions. ALL of you are immeasurably superior to me intellectually and most of the time I could not understand a damn thing that's being said, and I just kept staring at screen like a clueless idiot standing in front a mirror. What does that make me?
It is possible, quite possible, that you could not understand a damn thing because there wasn't the damndest thing to be understood.

Here at RF, incoherent posts abound.

Hellbound Serpiente

Funny you should say that. I have been sincerely impressed by your posts.

I was just posting some advises I received from other superior thinkers like yourself and others here. Oh boy, I feel like I shouldn't share my thoughts since they are nowhere near to the level most members here.

Anyway, let's hope I catch up

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Probably the wisest of us all.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I was just posting some advises I received from other superior thinkers like yourself and others here. Oh boy, I feel like I shouldn't share my thoughts since they are nowhere near to the level most members here.

Anyway, let's hope I catch up

I suspect you are a whole lot smarter than you apparently think you are. At least, that's my take-away from your posts. And even if you are not, what does it matter. Kindness, human decency, and a willingness to work hard are a dozen times more admirable than brains.

Terry Sampson

@Hellbound Serpiente,

As Sunstone said:
humility such as yours at 27 quite often translates into wisdom later on in life.

... as long as you don't get hit by a car on the RF freeway before "the translation".

Keep your helmet on, your seatbelt strapped, wash your hands, and keep your distance, .... especially from the sabbatarian, non-trinitarian Christians (they're a fesity bunch).

Hellbound Serpiente

I suspect you are a whole lot smarter than you apparently think you are. At least, that's my take-away from your posts. And even if you are not, what does it matter. Kindness and human decency are a dozen times more admirable than brains.

Lets hope so, sir. And yes, I agree. Kindness, loyalty, selflessless, generosity, charitableness, empathy, compassion, righteousness and such things are what truly matter. By the end of it all, for me what's important is how much I can serve the cause of truth, justice, peace and humanity. I hope I succeed in this endeavor even if I am not the wisest

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

A lot of posts are just inside jokes, rather than having superior wisdom. :)

Mindmaster

Premium Member

Probably smarter than you think... If you were dumb you'd not even notice there was so much information you were missing. :D

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
What does that make me?

A very wise and grounded person, by the sounds of it. :)

If someone thinks their "smarter" than others around them, they generally aren't - or at least, not as much as they might like to think. Probably more pretentious and conceited than anything.

It hints at insecurity - they are really just trying to make up for something they feel to be lacking, probably.

I often find that capitalist culture is a bit of a culprit here - in that our societies are obsessed with the allure of the entrepreneurial, buccaneering "lone genius" archetype, when the truth is that human intellectual progress is typically very much a collective endeavour. Even Einstein was wrong at first about the Big Bang Theory and had to admit so to the scientist who discovered it, Fr. Georges Lemaitre!

We learn from others - whether directly or by reading books - and in turn pass what we know onto others. It takes teams of scientists and researchers to pioneer new technologies.

And here on RF, we're the same - everyone has something special and unique to contribute but at the end of the day we learn from each other, as a group.

Last edited: