• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So about Biden's larger spending social bill

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Well we are getting a 5% COLA to Social Security and my military retirement; however that doesn't even start to cover inflation.
Perhaps you should push for a portion of your country's military budget to be diverted towards actual for real retirement payments.

esmith

Veteran Member
Perhaps you should push for a portion of your country's military budget to be diverted towards actual for real retirement payments.
Nope, the military budget pays my military retirement and in addition given the current world conditions it should probably be increased.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
My retirement funds come from my country's social security system, so that's where my concerns are centered.

As for my savings, my bank accounts have interest rates that are so low that for some time, combined with various fees and other nickle-and-diming that they are wont to do, I was actually losing money by putting it there.
What savings I have are basically tied to my apartment at this point.
My experience with savings was the same. The interest in the 70s and 80s paid higher than it is today. You can't call it savings accounts anymore. You actually lose money in those things now with greedy **** like 'maintenance' 'processing' fees and the like. Those things never existed in the past.

esmith

Veteran Member
My experience with savings was the same. The interest in the 70s and 80s paid higher than it is today. You can't call it savings accounts anymore. You actually lose money in those things now with greedy **** like 'maintenance' 'processing' fees and the like. Those things never existed in the past.
Don't know where you bank but my bank has no processing fees, at least for my 2 checking accounts and 1 savings account.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Don't know where you bank but my bank has no processing fees, at least for my 2 checking accounts and 1 savings account.
It used to be Key bank that did that. Needless to say, I closed my savings account when they started taking money out of it.