• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Snakes

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Any other pagans want to join me on St. Patrick's day (17th) in a little act of rebellion and solidarity?

We shall wear something with a snake on it, necklace, shirt, tie, or whatever. To show that not all the "snakes" ie "evil Pagans" were driven from Ireland.

SOME WEAR A SNAKE ON ST. PATRICK’S DAY: The silent rebellion
Some folk believe that pagans werent driven from Ireland just that they converted by choice and there wasn't any violence involved. Pagans just gradually converted to Christianity over time in the area and that was that. St.Patrick probably didn't even need to be involved as the pagans at the time were already on that path. I don't know which story is true. I just don't celebrate st.patricks day and honestly i don't have anything with snakes on it if I recall I might have a shirt I think but not sure. Still seeing as I don't know what is true for certain I will not engage in this practice till I've done enough research to make sure I'm not spreading false info.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Some folk believe that pagans werent driven from Ireland just that they converted by choice and there wasn't any violence involved. Pagans just gradually converted to Christianity over time in the area and that was that. St.Patrick probably didn't even need to be involved as the pagans at the time were already on that path. I don't know which story is true. I just don't celebrate st.patricks day and honestly i don't have anything with snakes on it if I recall I might have a shirt I think but not sure. Still seeing as I don't know what is true for certain I will not engage in this practice till I've done enough research to make sure I'm not spreading false info.

Which is why I didn't embellish his history like others do. And only used the term (snakes) which is used in his hagiography. He was sent as a missionary to convert the Irish. And he certainly had a chip on his shoulder after being an Irish slave for 6 years.

Christianity in Ireland - Wikipedia

St. Patrick: No Snakes. No Shamrocks. Just the Facts.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I'm probably going to wear a Harry Potter Slytherin T-Shirt. This way I knock out wearing a snake (their house mascot) and it's green to boot.

I always wear my green triskelion shirt on St. Patrick's Day, and my wife (who loves snakes) has a snake bracelet I plan on borrowing. I'll post pictures.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I'm all for a bit of rebellion. Mucalinda and Buddha under the Bodhi Tree. Now I have to figure out where to find it on a t shirt.
Mucalinda.jpg

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
It's actually my wife's. She's a big fan of snake.
Love the solar cross!

I remember you mentioning that, it still looks good on you.

Thanks! I found the solar cross while I was running errands yesterday. It's actually carved bone, and was made by a local artist here.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Wear a snake for a day? I have one tattooed on my outer forearm!