• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Snakes kill roughly 138,000!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Snakes some sources estimate globally , kill roughly up to 138,000 a year.

That is far more than crocodiles and alligators combined, far more than hippos, komodo dragons, elephants, lions, or any group of animals that have basically the same shape, species, and classified with the same name.

I know there are many different types of snakes, but they are all going by one name, snake. They kill far more people than every big cat combined!

Kill far more people than every big lizard or dinosaur like creature such as alligators and crocodiles combined.

Wasps, bees, fleas, ticks,hornets, etc, spiders, things with exoskeletons, I'm not including.

Still, as far as being attacked and killed, ( not being killed by disease carrying rodents), snakes are the biggest killer by far.

I'm really sad to hear this, cuz I used to have an obsession with snakes that was like a drug addiction , when I was a kid, and I owned Burmese pythons, one of them over 14 ft long.

I always thought fear of snakes was a bit irrational, and most are harmless. The few bad ones give the majority of harmless ones a bad rep and name.

My favorite tribe of israel, is the tribe of dan, which lived on the disputed battlefield with the dreaded Philistines, so they had to be the best warriors.

That tribe is where the strongest man in history comes from, Samson, (of all human beings that have walked planet earth, that billions of people believe actually existed as a historical figure, that is).

Jacob called his son Dan a "viper by the roadside," who would send "horse and Rider backwards." As the devil is compared to the ancient serpent, the most subtle of creatures, I pray that the spirits of the Lost tribe of Dan, would replace the ancient serpent, and be types of redeemed serpents that I can be devoted to and invoke, call upon for help.

I know that they were human beings, but I like the symbol that they have as both a dragon and a serpent, and their zodiac is the Scorpio, (which includes the spider as one of the animals).

I have just received signs that the house of Dan, a lost tribe of Israel, accepted me, and influence me, and have my back.

I nicknamed them a "synagogue of serpents", redeemed serpents that have my back, who have all the knowledge and powers of the ancient serpent, but can use them for good, and my surname is alternative for the man in Genesis 49, who called Dan a "viper by the roadside"

Dragon also represents the house of Dan (tribe), and Dan means Judge, and he is said to bring justice and deliverance.

Dan was also called by scholars, the "black sheep of Israel", born of Rachel's slave, and have a reputation I sympathize with.

If the serpent is God of this world, I pray "Danny the Danite Dragon" (I nicknamed him), the tribe represented by the serpent and Dragon, replace him, and use those powers for good.

Also, 1st day beginning of Spring, yesterday, was a day I spent praying especially for the tribe of Dan and ( and Samson from that tribe), because of some coincidences, which were followed that day by some one using the word Kamidana, and splitting it as "Kami dana."

Dana is the feminine version of Dan, so Kami Dana means "Divinity Dan, Deity Dan", and that person didn't know I prayed for the Deification of Dan the "Divine Viper" that day. Everywhere a sign.
King-cobra-world-snake.jpg
Identify-Venemous-Snakes_M2-Hero.jpg
animals-rattlesnake-venom-fangs-snake-bite-outdoors.jpg
iStock_000010367892_Medium.jpg

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I keep pictures of Eve with a serpent on my wall.
IMG_20220321_224435.jpg
IMG_20220321_224447.jpg
IMG_20220321_224502.jpg

Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Christians called the Virgin Mary the new Eve. I wrote in my journal about a vision late last year of the new Eve offering the new Adam some fruit.

Those churches called Jesus the new Adam. The next time I went to mass at St Olaf's Church , following writing that in my journal, I opened up a hymnal in front of me to a song called the "new eve", next to a song with the "new Adam" in the title.

Next to it was a bag of "dungeons and Dragons nerds" candy, somebody left there.

When the serpent entered the garden, originally it had legs, then God cursed it so it would crawl in its belly without legs.

So if the serpent had legs, it was originally a dragon. The Bible mentions dragons in more than 30 places.

So after writing that in my journal about the new Eve giving the new Adam fruit, the next time I go to mass, I find myself next to a bag that has the words "dragon", next to a book I open immediately right up to "new Eve, new Adam."

I'm pretty sure I know what it means, about the fall of heaven with a new enticing, addictive fruit, a new celestial order and regime rising to power in paradise, the garden above where dwells the New Adam, New Eve, and their dragon, and addictive new fruit, but I don't want to say what it all means, because I might have the wrong interpretation, I don't know when it will happen, and some spirits could be playing games with me and pulling my leg :p.;)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I keep pictures of Eve with a serpent on my wall.
View attachment 61343View attachment 61344View attachment 61345

Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Christians called the Virgin Mary the new Eve. I wrote in my journal about a vision late last year of the new Eve offering the new Adam some fruit.

Those churches called Jesus the new Adam. The next time I went to mass at St Olaf's Church , following writing that in my journal, I opened up a hymnal in front of me to a song called the "new eve", next to a song with the "new Adam" in the title.

Next to it was a bag of "dungeons and Dragons nerds" candy, somebody left there.

When the serpent entered the garden, originally it had legs, then God cursed it so it would crawl in its belly without legs.

So if the serpent had legs, it was originally a dragon. The Bible mentions dragons in more than 30 places.

So after writing that in my journal about the new Eve giving the new Adam fruit, the next time I go to mass, I find myself next to a bag that has the words "dragon", next to a book I open immediately right up to "new Eve, new Adam."

I'm pretty sure I know what it means, about the fall of heaven with a new enticing, addictive fruit, a new celestial order and regime rising to power in paradise, the garden above where dwells the New Adam, New Eve, and their dragon, and addictive new fruit, but I don't want to say what it all means, because I might have the wrong interpretation, I don't know when it will happen, and some spirits could be playing games with me and pulling my leg :p.;)
Didn't Eve's serpent have legs?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Didn't Eve's serpent have legs?
Yeah, the picture is modernist, not historically accurate..

Eve is friends with the 21st century serpent in that picture. Things have changed. The serpent is redeemed.

In the Old Testament God even told Moses to create a brazen serpent, and Israelites had to turn to the brazen serpent to be healed and save their lives.

That brazen serpent on a pole is used in medical art today, and Christ said the serpent on a pole prefigured Jesus Christ on a cross.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
We have a few deadly ones here in Australia but on average only 2 people per year are killed by snake bite, if you didn't count the ones who were trying to harm the snake it's probably 0 per year. For comparison, 20 people are killed per year in horse riding accidents.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
We have a few deadly ones here in Australia but on average only 2 people per year are killed by snake bite, if you didn't count the ones who were trying to harm the snake it's probably 0 per year. For comparison, 20 people are killed per year in horse riding accidents.
2? Wow, you Australians missed a bullet! A 2020 study, which was based on verbal autopsies, suggests that on average, close to 58,000 Indian citizens die each year due to snakebites.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It's really sad because now people hate snakes, when most snakes are our friends, great for the world, and non venomous. That tiny percentage of poisonous ones, has given them all a bad rep. :(

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
2? Wow, you Australians missed a bullet! A 2020 study, which was based on verbal autopsies, suggests that on average, close to 58,000 Indian citizens die each year due to snakebites.

Smaller population and better access to medical help I guess.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Can you link to those sources? First time I read such a high number and I'm sceptical. Are there even so many Pentecostals?

I can't find anything with a google search that comes even close to those numbers

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I can't find anything with a google search that comes even close to those numbers
Did you look very hard? It was a "world health organization" max estimate.

But most snakes are harmless and good, so I hope it is much lower.

Last edited:

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Did you look very hard? It was a "world health organization" max estimate.

But most snakes are harmless and good, so I hope it is much lower.

I just changed my search and came up with your numbers. Something is strange though, 2 per year here and 5 per year in the USA. Seems India accounts for a big chunk like you said.

Daemon Sophic

Your still much better off quitting smoking, meat, and dairy. :shrug: …and be sure you drive carefully, with everyone wearing their seatbelt (crashes kill roughly 10 times as many as snakes, - yet even crashes don’t make it onto this chart).

tsJMRht1HYVqW7F7dweI8Yb97ZdMoGrRuNzkIKbZOZ2DOf80e7em-V3XkGgO0ufCLZVCTB04p0PJBq0c3JKc-N5WeOnPAgOL3_-tBrE54XQeoynI_U9svy1LLrIRZ6-_1dRUMOM

…of course this graph is from 2019. COVID would come in as #3 if the chart covered 2020 till now. :eek::(, so keep wearing your mask! :)