• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Snakehead fish

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Is the snakehead fish, a fish that can live in water or breathe air and kind of move on land, a confirmation of evolution theory as part of the theory that humans started out as a fish-like creature?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I saw this news this morning. Sounds pretty amazing. Have to look into it more later.
There's snakehead news? Link?
This species has been in the news for decades, as a destructive invasive species here in the US.

Good-Ole-Rebel

So much whining over a fish. Who cares where it came from. Is it eatable? Yes. Problem solved.

If it mass produces more than others, fine. More food. I never liked bass anyhow.

Find a good recipe and enjoy.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Sorry. If you are not smart enough to present your own argument, I am not interested by any link.

The snakehead fish is just like the wild hog population. They provide more food. What do you, a clown, have against that?

Good-Ole-Rebel

You don't understand ecology or how the food chain works? Wow, you really were home schooled.

In areas where the snakehead isn't native, they quickly decimate the populations of indigenous fish species due to having no predators to keep their numbers in balance. Snakesheads can reproduce and spread quickly. So they kill off the other fish, then move on to other waters to feed, meaning less food, not more. To call the concern of experts "whiny" just because you're confused or don't understand is a bit dopey.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The Georgia, USA part is a bit comical. Georgia produces both sweet Vidalia onions and snakehead fish. It demonstrates that horror movies have an element of truth in them.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sorry. If you are not smart enough to present your own argument, I am not interested by any link.
Read: "I've made up my mind and am going to ignore any evidence to the contrary." Very enlightened.
The snakehead fish is just like the wild hog population. They provide more food. What do you, a clown, have against that?
What do you have against the ecosystem that makes life possible? You need to brush up on your ecology. You're dangerously shortsighted and fail to see the repercussions of small changes in the system. Earth's ecosphere is a complex, interconnected, interdependent web. Tinker with one element and effects will spread, step by step, throughout the system.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You don't understand ecology or how the food chain works? Wow, you really were home schooled.

In areas where the snakehead isn't native, they quickly decimate the populations of indigenous fish species due to having no predators to keep their numbers in balance. Snakesheads can reproduce and spread quickly. So they kill off the other fish, then move on to other waters to feed, meaning less food, not more. To call the concern of experts "whiny" just because you're confused or don't understand is a bit dopey.
They kill off not only the fish, but affect everything that depends on the fish, both above and below them in the food chain, not to mention their effects on human property and economics.

Good-Ole-Rebel

I don't care how fast they reproduce. Like I said, more food. All fish kill off other fish. The needle nose gar and alligator gar kill off other fish. But, they too are edible, but a bear to clean. Like I said, these whiny experts need to find a good recipe.

I imagine all these experts are concerned over the commercial aspect more than 'environmental'. The catch and release crew will lose their sport. I have often thought the same with the wild hog population. Those in the business of selling pork and raising pork, hate to see the abundance of free pork running wild.

Same with the Python in Florida. Edible.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Good-Ole-Rebel

Read: "I've made up my mind and am going to ignore any evidence to the contrary." Very enlightened.
What do you have against the ecosystem that makes life possible? You need to brush up on your ecology. You're dangerously shortsighted and fail to see the repercussions of small changes in the system. Earth's ecosphere is a complex, interconnected, interdependent web. Tinker with one element and effects will spread, step by step, throughout the system.

I am not ignoring. I am saying, so what? Look at it as an opportunity for more food. Especially for the poor man. He can go to the river and catch all the snakehead he can.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't care how fast they reproduce. Like I said, more food. All fish kill off other fish. The needle nose gar and alligator gar kill off other fish. But, they too are edible, but a bear to clean. Like I said, these whiny experts need to find a good recipe.

I imagine all these experts are concerned over the commercial aspect more than 'environmental'. The catch and release crew will lose their sport. I have often thought the same with the wild hog population. Those in the business of selling pork and raising pork, hate to see the abundance of free pork running wild.

Same with the Python in Florida. Edible.

Good-Ole-Rebel
Like I said, you need to brush up on your ecology. You seem unable to see beyond immediate effects.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am not ignoring. I am saying, so what? Look at it as an opportunity for more food. Especially for the poor man. He can go to the river and catch all the snakehead he can.

Good-Ole-Rebel
But there needs to be food for your food, and food for that food. And what if there is no more river? What if the whole region turns to desert? Have you heard of the butterfly effect?

Life creates, maintains and regulates terrain and climate. You're not seeing the connections; not seeing beyond the first step effects.

A creates B which leads to C, which yields D, producing E, &c, &c. You're not seeing E. It's a long line of cause and effect. A balanced biodiversity creates the habitable world; the breathable air -- everything.

Last edited:

Good-Ole-Rebel

But there needs to be food for your food, and food for that food. And what if there is no more river? What if the whole region turns to desert? Have you heard of the butterfly effect?

Life creates, maintains and regulates terrain and climate. You're not seeing the connections; not seeing beyond the first step effects.

A creates B which leads to C, which yields D, producing E, &c, &c. You're not seeing E. It's a long line of cause and effect. A balanced biodiversity creates the habitable world; the breathable air -- everything.

What if a frog had wings? What if.....

What a jump. From finding snakehead fish to now being a desert. Gee, I wonder why there are still rivers in China, and Japan, and Russia....with snakeheads in them. Plus they are still breathing air over there.

Yall go ahead and worry about the deserts and lack of air due to the snakehead. I think it is silly.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Good-Ole-Rebel

Like I said, you need to brush up on your ecology. You seem unable to see beyond immediate effects.

Instead of bass tournaments we will have snakehead tournaments and catch and no release. I always thought catch and release was silly anyway.

How is that for drawing a connection between A and B.

Good-Ole-Rebel