• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Smoking!

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
As with Rev Rick I embarked on a no smoking order...Starting yesterday morning at 9:am...

36 hours later I ...havent smoked..BUT I keep thinking I cant BREATH unless I smoke..(completely irrational I know)...

I have smoked for 25 years...

To the young ones...do not ever start..Im not kidding you...just don't do it..

Love

Dallas

.lava

Veteran Member
i feel for you :) i smoke too but at the moment i can't because i am fasting. smoking is the only thing in my life that makes me crazy. if i smoke it is one problem and if i don't it is another. gosh..someone told me there is no fire in heaven so i could not light my cigarette. yea fire is in hell and that's a problem :D:D

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Hang in there Dallas you will be able to do this....I know it isn't easy, but your "breathing " will get better :D

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Thanks ya'll. I'm in tormented hell..No lie...A cigarette floats around in my mind(continuously)..Its like its a person that I love but that hates me and keeps saying.."come to me...I will ease your pain"...Lat tee da...Im here for you...

On the other hand I can breath so much better already...Just in less than three days its incredible how much better I feel as far as breathing..Especially at night..The tightness in my chest and the hacking in the morning is gone already...

But Im dizzy and light headed ..and very tired..and VERY aggrivated..and VERY hungry...so I have been drinking V-8 and eating oranges and oatmeal..and some nuts here and there..and tomato's and avocado...When what I really want it is to either smoke 40 cigarrettes or EAT an ENTIRE bag of SKITTLES!!!!!!!!!!

Before time flies...Now the clock sits there..an goes..tic.....................toc........tic.......toc...

Oh GREAT 10 minutes went by...and it FEELS like an ETERNITY!!!

WAHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

.lava

Veteran Member
Thanks ya'll. I'm in tormented hell..No lie...A cigarette floats around in my mind(continuously)..Its like its a person that I love but that hates me and keeps saying.."come to me...I will ease your pain"...Lat tee da...Im here for you...

On the other hand I can breath so much better already...Just in less than three days its incredible how much better I feel as far as breathing..Especially at night..The tightness in my chest and the hacking in the morning is gone already...

But Im dizzy and light headed ..and very tired..and VERY aggrivated..and VERY hungry...so I have been drinking V-8 and eating oranges and oatmeal..and some nuts here and there..and tomato's and avocado...When what I really want it is to either smoke 40 cigarrettes or EAT and ENTIRE bag of SKITTLES!!!!!!!!!!

Before time flies...Now the clock sits there..an goes..tic.....................toc........tic.......toc...

Oh GREAT 10 minutes went by...and it FEELS like and ETERNITY!!!

WAHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Love

Dallas

i am glad to hear you keep fighting :) if i am not mistaken 3rd day is the day when nicotine finishes in your system. after that it is mental fight.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Hang in there Dallas! I may have quit smoking, (7 weeks now), but I am still addicted to nicotine. I watch the clock to see when I can have another lozenge. Dependance sucks!

Lets all give Dallas some frubals to cheer her up!

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
i am glad to hear you keep fighting :) if i am not mistaken 3rd day is the day when nicotine finishes in your system. after that it is mental fight.

Yes...3rd day is when withdrawel symptoms peak...

Scramble!

Its not going to get the better of me..

I'de rather roll around in a ball of hungry anger than let a stupid cigarette make me smoke it..

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I'm always thrilled to hear of someone giving up smoking, have that bag of skittles ;)

No I can not have skittles...I have tried quitting smoking before and almost became a DIABETIC from the amounts of WHITE sugar I injested..

I cant have skittles...So I have strawberries and clemintines..

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
No I can not have skittles...I have tried quitting smoking before and almost became a DIABETIC from the amounts of WHITE sugar I injested..

I cant have skittles...So I have strawberries and clemintines..

Love

Dallas

You can always bake some cupcakes and such using Splenda ;)

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Whew I'm glad I never took up smoking! Well actually I tried it a few times when I was like 13 :rolleyes: I have no idea why. But it never took.

Hang in there!! MIND OVER MATTER. I know that's easier said than done but if I can quit eating junk food cold turkey and exercise every day for going on 11 days now, you can definitely quit smoking. Because I am one lazy @$$. :p

Sending anti-smoking thoughts your way.........:rainbow1:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Hang in there. It's hard, but doable. I went five days without, had a stressful day yesterday, had one, and haven't had any today. Hopefully after I quit this time, I don't start again.

PureX

Veteran Member

But Im dizzy and light headed ..and very tired..and VERY aggrivated..and VERY hungry...so I have been drinking V-8 and eating oranges and oatmeal..and some nuts here and there..and tomato's and avocado...When what I really want it is to either smoke 40 cigarrettes or EAT an ENTIRE bag of SKITTLES!!!!!!!!!!

Oh GREAT 10 minutes went by...and it FEELS like an ETERNITY!!!

WAHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Love

Dallas
Believe me, I know EXACTLY how it feels. I quit smoking two packs a day after nearly twenty years, and it was really, really, really hard to do. But I did stop, and have not had a cigarette or any kind of tobacco in about 13 years.

Two things helped me. One was that I caught myself re-deciding if I wanted to quit or not just a few days into it, and I realized right away that I can't do that, or sooner or later I will decide NOT to quit, and that will be the end of all that effort. So I made up my mind then and there to NOT renegotiate the decision to quit. I set my mind on the idea that the quitting was already done with. The decision was over with. Now I'm just dealing with the discomfort of something that has already happened, sort of like putting up with the itch in a cast on a broken arm. That helped me a lot.

The other thing that helped is that I am a very stubborn man by nature, and I found that I could turn my stubbornness to my own advantage. When the urge to smoke would begin to bother me, I would allow my own stubborn anger fight against it. Like, I'd tell myself I'd rather DIE than give in to that damn urge to smoke! That urge to smoke became my sworn enemy, and I could use my own discomfort and frustration as a weapon against it. That helped, a lot, too.

In the end it was time that did it. The first few weeks all I could think about every waking moment was a cigarette. But as eachday, and week passed, the amount of time I spent obsessing over cigarettes lessened. Soon a whole day had passed and I didn't once think about a cigarette. Then a couple of days. Then a week. Eventually I just forgot about them. And now I don't have any urges at all. I'm completely done with them, and grateful as can be about it.

Hang in there! I't worth it, I promise!

Last edited: