• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

smoking around children!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Must say a verse from the Bible comes to mind....
Why do you notice the splinter in your bro, eye, but do not perceive the wooden beam in your eye; and in chapter 5: You hypocrite, remove the wooden beam from your eye first, then you will see clearly to remove the splinter from your bro, eye.​
Oh but I forgot your all so perfect.... think you may need to look again in the mirror.

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
This type of threads make me laugh so much... its all tut tut, how bad.
But sadly (some people in here may think they are so sin free, pure of heart) I will be your wake up call... NOBODY IS SIN FREE OR PERFECT.​
Its a shame but also reality... Just thought I would mention this...

Aqualung

Tasty
jeffrey said:
But what do you do about it? Just watch tv? And do you drink and drive?
I don't drink at all! And I certainly don't drive.

Just because you have a problem, doesn't mean we all have problems, too. Stop trying to minimize your own problems by blaming others.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Some of you come across 'so caring' about my kids. But if myself and my family died in a car crash, not one of you, bar Michel, would give a damn. Not one of you would shed a tear. So please, spare me. Maize, I think your sincere. But the majority of the rest of you do it to make yourself feel better. Typical 'I'm better then you' Christianity thinking. :mad: (Ain't gettin frubals for this post!)

Mike182

Flaming Queer
just a gentle reminder, lets stay civil, and remember the OP is asking to debate "is smoking around children is a form of child abuse"

Aqualung

Tasty
jeffrey said:
Some of you come across 'so caring' about my kids. But if myself and my family died in a car crash, not one of you, bar Michel, would give a damn. Out one of you would shed a tear. So please, spare me. Maize, I think your sincere. But the majority of the rest of you do it to make yourself feel better. Typical 'I'm better then you' Christianity thinking. :mad:
You're a guy on a computer! How you raise your children is up to you. I don't care that you smoke in front of them, because you're just a guy on a computer, but on principle, that's not something I condone! It's very egotistical to think this debate has suddenly become about you and your kids, as opposed to just a debate about the principle of smoking in front of your kids.

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Aqualung said:

Just because you have a problem, doesn't mean we all have problems, too. Stop trying to minimize your own problems by blaming others.
You are so judgmental, its unreal....Think you need to re-read your Bible pages.... DO NOT JUDGE OR YOU WILL BE JUDGED.... remember those words?

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Aqualung said:

I forgot! Your perfect! :biglaugh:

Aqualung

Tasty
jeffrey said:
No, that's not what I said. If you want to start a thread that just happens to be about a fault that I happen to have, at least I won't be soooo egotistical to think that you're talking about me and that you want to come over here and change me. I can at least admit that I sin, instead of changing the subject everytime and start to bash others. Is it only perfect people that can talk about sin nowadays? Is that how it works? I have to be perfect to know what a sin is, or what is harmful? then I think we should both get our butts out of this forum.

Aqualung

Tasty
Evenstar said:
You are so judgmental, its unreal....Think you need to re-read your Bible pages.... DO NOT JUDGE OR YOU WILL BE JUDGED.... remember those words?
Ah, yes, and you're not juding anyone at all. I'm judgemental, but that's not a judgement. You're the perfect one, aren't you? You're the one who has the authority to pass judgement on my judgementalness, aren't you?

Bishka

Veteran Member
jeffrey said:
Hey whoa. Could we all get back to the Is smoking abuse around children? I like you all, you all have become my friends, even though I've never met you. You all have made me realize a lot about myself and made me want to learn. I appreciate you guys and you openess to the many different beliefs and faiths out there. I hate contention(I know it's a fact of life), but can't we all try to get along and not personally attack one another.

We all have our own opinions and we are entitled to our own opinions. Opinions are neither right, nor wrong.

I love you all and hate to see people fight over personal things and personal choices. I know love sounds funny, but I've grown to love you as friends, and I don't imagine you as your avatar, I try to invision you as a person, as who you really are. 99.9% of you I see with smiling faces and open arms.

Okay, sorry, bit off topic, but I felt I needed to say it.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Evenstar said:
Oh but I forgot your all so perfect.... think you may need to look again in the mirror.
I don't think anyone here thinks they are perfect, I know I certainly don't. I'm quite frank with everyone about things I struggle with. I think if someone talks about things they are struggling with and want to change then they asking for help. Should we tell them to just keep doing what they are doing when all the evidence points to it being a dangerous activity?

If I was doing something to endanger my children's health, I'd certainly want someone to point it out to me, but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.