• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Small Victories.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I don't think there's anything more satisfying than finally pulling off a rusted-on brake rotor after several hours of trying to work it off.

What personal, small victories have you enjoyed lately?

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
Finally getting around to reading the Inheritance cycle (Eragon) books again.

Picking up where I left off in Brisingr.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
1. Finally started learning how to use android, and I didn't smash either of my tablets against a wall in the process (although I really wanted to a cpl of times).

2. Went on a 3 1/2 day water fast about 2 weeks ago.

3. Started spending a lot less time here and and started spending time doing paid work online.

4. If I make it one more day I'll have a year without smoking.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm beginning to understand the basics of algebraic number theory. It has always been outside of my specialty and training in math.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
It's much better to be able to *derive* them from first principles.
I don't know if I would call this 'Deriving' but I use 4 situations: Locks, Lotteries, Billiard balls, and ice-cream scoops as per this web page: Combinations and Permutations Its not derivation like what a talented Mathematician would use, but it is a set of useful tricks to prime the pump.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
- Last week, I went out and bought a sketch to start drawing as a way of doing something new.

- I recently completed my fourth year as an admin here. I love this forum, and it holds a special place for me. It's been a pleasure to serve it for that long.

- I ate three big ice cream bars today, but I'm still alive.

(Okay, that last one doesn't belong on the list... because it's obviously a big victory. :p)