• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Small things matter.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Thai Pusam was celebrated at the temple I go to yesterday. Small crowd, nice vibes (in my view the small crowd adds to that) long puja by our two dedicated priests. For this day, and only on this day, the vasantha mandapam murthy of Palaniandavar (Dandapani, Murugan as the renunciate) murthy the same form as the one at Palani hill temple, hence the name. This murthy was the first Murugan murthy for this temple, and was gifted in about 1984. In my days of pandaram priesthood, I became quite familiar with Him.

But there is another smaller Dandapani murthy most are unaware of in the temple. It is located at the gold-plated base of the kodimaram and faces the moolasthanam deity directly. There are 4 sides there and they have 2 Ganeshas, and a Mariamman on the other three.

In a break in the puja ... lots of short breaks, while Gods get dressed, etc. we were admiring this smaller one, and the priest walked by and looked at us. I asked if he (the priest) could give Him a flower on my behalf. He obliged happily.

Nice simple gesture. Made my day.

What really small bhakti gestures have made your day?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I asked if he (the priest) could give Him a flower on my behalf. He obliged happily.

Nice simple gesture. Made my day.

What really small bhakti gestures have made your day?
Yesterday, when walking outside, a woman started talking to me. We had a very nice and respectful conversation about covid stuff, God etc....

She was very open, as am I, and also shared with me that she suffered from depression. When she left, she was all smiles and said that she really enjoyed and appreciated our talk

Indeed, small things do matter. Friendliness, respect generates more than you can usually see on the outside. It can transform a person, which can in return transform their friends etc

Viraja

Jaya Jagannatha!
Whenever I want to do a 'small' yet significant something for god, which I frequently feel motivated to, I purchase a cute, little laddoo gopal dress from the store for $5.99 and adorn my Lord with it. I do abhishekam laddoo gopal, so....