• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Slight backlash over Taco Bell removing signature potato items from menu

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Taco Bell customers stage protest over the chain’s ‘upsetting’ menu change: ‘I can’t eat there anymore’

I can't say I'm real happy about it either. Some of their potato items were the best. But #firstworldproblems, eh?

I've never been a big fan of Taco Bell.

explosion-taco-bell-meme.jpg

516d1bd8c46f768237bd4ba537e12716.jpg

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
The link doesn't work for me....
What's the upshot?

(First, second and third world aren't really a thing anymore; a throwback to Cold War designations. Generally replaced with terms such as developed, developing and under-developed).

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Taco Bell customers stage protest over the chain’s ‘upsetting’ menu change: ‘I can’t eat there anymore’

I can't say I'm real happy about it either. Some of their potato items were the best. But #firstworldproblems, eh?
I had no idea that American Taco Bells had potato items until I started hearing people complain about them going away.

They've never been a thing a Canadian Taco Bells. You have menu items we don't and IIRC, we have items you don't.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
The link doesn't work for me....
What's the upshot?

(First, second and third world aren't really a thing anymore; a throwback to Cold War designations. Generally replaced with terms such as developed, developing and under-developed).

To the first question: People are protesting and creating petitions, vegetarians mostly, because Taco Bell took away their soft shell tater tot and lettuce tacos and their tater tot burritos, both popular menu items. This is the way I would understand it, anyway.

To the second paragraph, I think you're right. But "first world problems" is a meme. People say it when someone complains about something insignificant, to show they may have it easier than harsher countries. By complaining about something insignificant.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I've never had one, so what am i missing?

The tater tot burritos were tasty.

As for the tater tot soft shell tacos... they weren't a premium product but they were 99 cents. So for two or three dollars, you could order 2 or 3 and have a meal. Making it cheaper than some other Taco Bell options.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
To the second paragraph, I think you're right. But "first world problems" is a meme. People say it when someone complains about something insignificant, to show they may have it easier than harsher countries. By complaining about something insignificant.

ate-too-much-taco-bell-now-i-havent-left-the-19272241.png

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
To the first question: People are protesting and creating petitions, vegetarians mostly, because Taco Bell took away their soft shell tater tot and lettuce tacos and their tater tot burritos, both popular menu items. This is the way I would understand it, anyway.

Is the vegetarian choice reduced then, or is it simply that they were popular and being replaced?

Tambourine

I can't answer with 100% certainty, but here's how I see it:

Taco Bell removed the potato items which were very popular to sell people different items at a higher cost and larger profit margin.
That sounds like a really ridiculous and insignificant reason for people to be upset about.
If they don't like what they can get, they can simply pay more for it, after all.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Sounds like a bunch of vegans whining about not being able to eat at Taco Bell. Boo hoo. That's their problem for choosing such a restrictive diet.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I've never been a big fan of Taco Bell.

explosion-taco-bell-meme.jpg

516d1bd8c46f768237bd4ba537e12716.jpg
I only have that problem with spicy foods, for the most part. That diablo sauce at Taco Bell is like dropping a bomb on your guts. I have IBS and aren't supposed to be eating such things, but I enjoy it too much to stop. I just accept the consequences as long as I'm near a toilet. Lol.