• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sleep Paralysis, Lucid Dreaming & OBEs

yuvgotmel

Sleep Paralysis, Lucid Dreaming, and OBEs

I have spoken to a couple posters on this forum that have experienced Lucid Dreaming, "flying in their dreams," waking to feel pressure on parts of their body, hearing audible strange voices in their dreams, feeling movement of flying in a craft and so on while dreaming or during the stage immediately upon waking.

I thought that this article might stir up a conversation on this matter.

All of the things mentioned above, I too have experienced on many occassions. It seems as though, from the article below, those things have been relegated to simply "Sleep Paralysis".

What do you all think? Have you experienced things like this too?
Excerpts from:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/connected/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=&xml=/connected/2007/03/05/nsleep06.xml
'Flying' in your sleep may be a paralysis

By Roger Highfield, Science Editor
March 3, 2007

People who have out-of-body experiences, such as flying along a tunnel towards a heavenly light, are more likely to suffer a strange effect called sleep paralysis, according to a survey that adds to mounting evidence for a biological explanation for the experience.

During sleep paralysis, people experience a kind of breakdown between states of consciousness which takes place on the fringe of sleep, either when falling asleep or waking. Because the brain turns off the body's ability to move during dreaming, muscles can lose their tone, or tension, causing paralysis.

The details of sleep paralysis vary from person to person. Some hear vague sounds, indistinct voices and demonic gibberish. Others see hallucinations of humans, animals and supernatural creatures. There is a striking inability to move or to speak, or a weight on the chest.

Also common are feelings of rising off the bed or flying. In addition, people report out-of-body experiences, sometimes accompanied by "autoscopy" when they look down on themselves. Not surprisingly, these moments are accompanied by fear.

Throughout history, there have also been accounts of people having visions on the brink of death - what are now called "near-death experiences".

"We found that 96 per cent (24 of 25) of near-death subjects having sleep paralysis also had an out-of-body experience either during sleep transition or near-death," said Prof Nelson.

The sleep paralysis linked with out-of-body experiences was thought rare, but may strike between 40 per cent and 60 per cent of people at least once.

They report sensations of floating, flying, falling or leaving one's body. It ranges from relatively tranquil floating experiences to horrible feelings of falling or rising at high speed.

(See Link for Full Article)

yuvgotmel

Here are a couple of my experiences just to start the discussion...

Excerpt from Dream dated -- June 4, 2006:
2nd memorable dream = dream within a dream …and it was lucid dreaming….. was over a lake… looked kind of like the picture from the background of the poem “Solar Reflections”….. then all of a sudden, I felt my “body” shoot straight up… . I felt the sensation of moving very fast… at that time, I realized I was lucid dreaming… then we started flying across land… I was looking only what was behind me… I thought that I woke up …
That experience was so "real" that I literally (in my senses and memory) felt the wind whipping my hair around my face. It was an exhilarating experience.

Excerpt from Dream dated -- June 17, 2006:
Snippet: I was flying with my mate, and I realized that I was lucid dreaming.

Snippet: We walked out of a building onto a balcony. He either told me, or I realized that I was still lucid dreaming and I could fly if I wanted to. I was in command of where we went. We flew up and saw mountains. We came down and flew over cities with trees, cars, etc. It was in the day time.

I felt my mate’s hands around me, holding me (as is common in lucid dreams for me). I felt a particular warm hand on my back—to the left-side of my body. He seemed to be talking to me. It was a very nice feeling. I was really enjoying it.

Then, I felt myself “waking up.” (Yet, what I did not know, I was still dreaming.) I woke up on a table, facing downward. My back was exposed. And I could still hear what I perceived to be the voice of my mate. But as I woke up more fully (within the dream), I realized that I could not understand what the voice was saying anymore. The language was foreign to me.

So, I rose up and turned around, while on the table. I looked back at whoever was speaking. Much to my shock, it was an alien-looking being. It was white. It had almost human-sized eyes. It did not have hair or clothes. It was stockier (body-size) than the pictures of the famous Greys. It was about 5 feet tall. And there were two others of the same kind in the room, to whom that alien(?) had been talking to. He (?) seemed quite talkative. He seemed almost nice (?). The language was different.

In the dream-state, (before walking up into another dream), it seemed like I understood the language. It was rhythmic. It was a bit monotone-sounding, but with sound qualities that are not common…or commonly known.
Yet, I was slightly afraid, not knowing what was happening. What seemed to be the most puzzling was turning around to see the one speaking to me and finding out it was an alien...and nothing like what felt like my mate.

Excerpt from Dream dated -- Tuesday, June 28, 2005:
Here’s where the dream began (as much as I remember):
I was standing (in the middle of a very odd battleground) on a bright gray gravel road with the Sun behind me, in the afternoon. There was a chain link fence to my left with barbed wire over the top edge. The right-hand side of the road [seemed] blocked; (although I don’t know what was over there except POSSIBLY trees).

In the middle of the road were two groups of people--who had guns--and they were facing each other, with only a small distance between them. I was among the group that was facing away from the Sun. When the guns started firing (from both groups), I headed over towards the fence, which was to my left.

(I did not want to be in the middle of the path of bullets.) I went up a short embankment to my left where the fence was located, and I stopped at the fence. It was way too high to climb. As a solution, I decided to fly. I rose higher and higher until I was over the fence.

Once I cleared the fence, I darted to my right (across the road), but I was out of danger and flying. I flew over and saw more battles. The biggest battle had thousands of men dressed in plain khaki uniforms. The men were all running in the same direction. They had their guns tucked under their right arms and pointed forward (almost like swords). They ran towards some trees and into the small forest, as if the trees themselves were the enemy. I didn’t see any other “human” group of people fighting them, only the trees, which just stood there. I remember the men were racing westward towards the trees and the Sun. …I knew in the dream that it was an important battle, but I was not all that interested.

About that time--while watching the battle from my aerial perspective (and facing what I surmised was a northerly direction, with the Sun to my peripheral left)--I realized that I was lucid dreaming and completely in control of what was happening in the dream. I heard (or rather asked myself) a question: would you like to see Africa? I don’t remember responding. Nor was there [so it seemed] a lapse in time or space. As soon as the question was asked, I was automatically flying over Africa. [That came as a surprise to me, because I had believed that I had been in North America. And I figured that I would at least have to fly to Africa. But that was not the case, and immediately there I was.] It was a huge desert. In the dream, I thought that I must be flying over the Sahara.

I remember flying in the direction of East; whether it was southeast or northeast is unclear. But it was afternoon, and the Sun was still behind me.

Then a river came into view. It was huge and long. It went on for as far as I could see, even from the air. I was so far up above the landscape that I could see hundreds of miles (maybe more). I was fascinated by the river, especially because it was the only visible thing--from my vantage point,--except for desert.

There were green splotches of vegetation on either side of the river. From the height that I was at, I do not know the exact distance that the vegetation spread from the river, but it followed the river on either side. When the vegetation ended (on both sides), it was only a yellowish desert. I remember wondering in the dream if this river was the Nile, but I wasn’t sure if the Nile ran through the Sahara.

[NOTE: From the height that I was at, I did not see any humans or buildings, nor could I make out the distinction of trees. It appeared only as a huge winding strip of green (with some tributaries) with a gray-blue river in the middle of a desert. However, I could see the details of the topography, where the green vegetation stopped and started, conforming to the land and/or tributaries.]

All of a sudden, I was overcome with the urge to touch the river, the water. I started to fly downward very quickly with my hands out, in order to touch the water. Then another pair of hands came from around behind me on both sides. They were trying to grab my hands and pull me back. I heard the words “No, no. Don’t touch the water!” But I flew even harder and faster towards the water, struggling to get my hands free so I would be ready to touch the water when I got there. And I kept hearing “No, no! Don’t touch the water!” with even more emphasis on the warning. Repetitively, the hands were pulling me back. And I felt a literal, physical tug on my left leg at the joint with my waist.

I wanted so badly to touch the water, but I was being shaken (or rather tugged) awake. And I knew that whatever the warning meant that I better heed it. Also, I felt quite certain that my intention to touch the water would not be allowed. So I began to ponder if I should fully wake out of the lucid state or not. As I allowed myself to ease back into my own physical surroundings, the words “Do not say water, water” came to mind (from a book I read years ago).

The experience felt so real, that even as I woke, and again the morning after, I sincerely felt like I had visited Africa, the Sahara and the Nile in that dream.

[NOTE: There is something else. While in the dream and afterwards, I was disappointed with myself. Because I knew that had I not tried to touch the water, I would have been able to continue viewing the landscape. However, my attempt at touching the water caused me to be pulled back and even out of the lucid state.]

BFD_Zayl

during sleep paralysis you normally do not feel like you are flying, you usually feel like a heavy weight is being pressed on you, breathing seems distant, sounds and sights are sometimes distorted, IE the wind might sound like a legion of demon roaring in your very room. and the most common description of lucid dreaming is when you are capable of controlling your dreams to do whatever you want in them. my dreams are real, yes, i most often feel pain, i can feel the grass beneath my feet or smell the decay of generations.

yuvgotmel

BFD_Zayl said:
during sleep paralysis you normally do not feel like you are flying, you usually feel like a heavy weight is being pressed on you, breathing seems distant, sounds and sights are sometimes distorted, IE the wind might sound like a legion of demon roaring in your very room. and the most common description of lucid dreaming is when you are capable of controlling your dreams to do whatever you want in them. my dreams are real, yes, i most often feel pain, i can feel the grass beneath my feet or smell the decay of generations.

Same here BFD. All what you said mimics what I have thought too. It's just that all those things are now classified as "sleep paralysis" which I personally feel is a misnomer.

BFD_Zayl

yuvgotmel said:
Same here BFD. All what you said mimics what I have thought too. It's just that all those things are now classified as "sleep paralysis" which I personally feel is a misnomer.
ah, i see, then i mis-read your intent

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Thank you for starting this thread. Sleep paralysis has bothered me for years. Recently I had a couple OBEs. The paralysis usually happens when I wake in the middle of the night and I'm trying to go back to sleep. A couple times, while I was paralyzed, I heard voices but the words didn't make sense. Most times I hear a shrill piercing noise in my head. Thank God it's stopped for a while. Most times I pray for it not to happen. It's helping but once in a way it might still happen.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
In addition, I have been able to control my dreams at times. I have even made myself wake-up from the dream. I was asking YmirGF the other day about this- but what do you guys think about this - when I'm falling asleep and I begin to dream (between sleep and wake), I see faces of people who I don't know. Sometimes, the faces change one into another.

yuvgotmel

Hema said:
In addition, I have been able to control my dreams at times. I have even made myself wake-up from the dream. I was asking YmirGF the other day about this- but what do you guys think about this - when I'm falling asleep and I begin to dream (between sleep and wake), I see faces of people who I don't know. Sometimes, the faces change one into another.

During that stage between "falling asleep and dreaming" or "waking up and dreaming" is a good time to start teaching yourself how to lucid dream. You can start to work on part of your subconscious through lucid dreaming.

And...by the way, I'm glad you like the thread. :D

yuvgotmel

http://www.dreamviews.com/ <<<Site devoted to Lucid Dreaming

Synopsis

This website provides information on lucid dreaming, controlling dreams, the stages of sleep, dream recall, dream signs, and more. It is written to be easily understood by those just starting out; the information and techniques provided are also beneficial for those who already have some ability. Tutorials are provided to further help those in their attempts, and an active message forum is available for those seeking help or wanting to provide it.
Welcome and Introduction

Welcome to Dream Views! If you&#8217;re searching the Internet trying to find information on the still relatively-unknown topic of lucid dreaming (either for personal use or for research purposes), you&#8217;ve come to the right place! Perhaps you&#8217;ve been introduced to lucid dreams through a movie (such as Vanilla Sky or Waking Life), a newspaper or magazine article, your University psychology class, or even a friend who talks ad nauseam about the fascinating things that can be done with them. Or perhaps you&#8217;ve simply stumbled upon our site by chance...if so, we invite you to stick around and discover what lucid dreams are (and be surprised by the likelihood that you&#8217;ve probably already had a few). Regardless, there are a lot of great things that can be done with lucid dreams, and they can be a lot of fun...read on to discover more.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Cool thread, mel. :)

I had a pretty radical dream last night. I was able to finally be able to completely control everything about the dream, and I decided to try something different. I thought I'd be somebody else for a while. :D

Dream yoga is something I'm still practicing. This is a Tibetan practice (as I'm sure you're well aware of, mel), that is also paralleled closely with lucid dreaming. The really cool thing about last night was when I decided to be someone else, I looked at myself in a mirror and was able to discern in detail everything about my new face and body. I was me, but I wasn't "me." Does that make any sense?

Here's another thing.........This new person already exists, and I don't know her, but my goal in the dream was to help her relieve her suffering. It was rather like the old Quantum Leap episodes where Sam Beckett leaps into the body of another person to help change their lives for the better. :p

Oh, and everything about the dream was so much more three-dimensional, colorful, and alive. Really, really cool.

Peace,
Mystic

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
yuvgotmel said:
During that stage between "falling asleep and dreaming" or "waking up and dreaming" is a good time to start teaching yourself how to lucid dream. You can start to work on part of your subconscious through lucid dreaming.

And...by the way, I'm glad you like the thread. :D

I agree. However, I have more practice with lucid dreaming when I'm falling asleep. Sometimes when I'm falling asleep and I think about one of the Hindu deities when I'm saying my prayers, I begin to have dreams of other Deities as well! That's what I love most about being able to direct the course of my dreams.

I love the thread! :D

yuvgotmel

MysticSang'ha said:
Dream yoga is something I'm still practicing. This is a Tibetan practice (as I'm sure you're well aware of, mel), that is also paralleled closely with lucid dreaming. The really cool thing about last night was when I decided to be someone else, I looked at myself in a mirror and was able to discern in detail everything about my new face and body. I was me, but I wasn't "me." Does that make any sense?

Here's another thing.........This new person already exists, and I don't know her, but my goal in the dream was to help her relieve her suffering. It was rather like the old Quantum Leap episodes where Sam Beckett leaps into the body of another person to help change their lives for the better. :p

There is an awesome book on Dream Yoga written not by a Buddhist but rather a very amazing occultist in the past century. The book is "Dream Yoga" by Samael Aun Weor. It's a fairly short book, just over 100 pages; but the author is very clear without vagueness. Samael Aun Weor also teaches to call upon Morpheus as a person is in the first stages of sleeping. He also teaches how to scent the bedroom, what colors (bedroom decor) are best to induce lucid dreaming, which positions for sleeping are best, and much more. He incorporates astral travel and OBEs with lucid dreaming.

I know what you mean about being in the body of another person too. I have done that in dreams as well. Usually it is for the purpose of spying of sorts, just kind of looking around while in another person's body or memory remnant (for lack of a better term).

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hema said:

That isn't unusual (feeling that you can control your dreams) - I have been dreaming, have realized that what I was experiencing was a dream, and have "changed" the course of the dream.

As far as
I see faces of people who I don't know. Sometimes, the faces change one into another
, I can't remember feeling the faces changing from one to another, but I regularly dream about people I don't know.

As far as OBE, I keep an open mind on the subject. I have studied the theory of Astral Travel, and, again, I have neither experienced it, nor do I rule it out; it "makes sense", if you are prepared to accept the idea of the soul being 'attached' to the physical by the "silver cord" - as mentioned in Ecclesiastes 12:6 "Or ever the silver cord be loosed", or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.

(That reference being to death, when the connection between the physical and the soul is "broken" (loosed)).

The possibility of "leaving the body" at night is not unnaceptable, as far as I am concerned.

I even believe that souls that do so can "do work" - i.e, act as a "helping hand - a friendly face" for those who are near death, and are confused - not realizing that they are dying.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
yuvgotmel said:
There is an awesome book on Dream Yoga written not by a Buddhist but rather a very amazing occultist in the past century. The book is "Dream Yoga" by Samael Aun Weor. It's a fairly short book, just over 100 pages; but the author is very clear without vagueness. Samael Aun Weor also teaches to call upon Morpheus as a person is in the first stages of sleeping. He also teaches how to scent the bedroom, what colors (bedroom decor) are best to induce lucid dreaming, which positions for sleeping are best, and much more. He incorporates astral travel and OBEs with lucid dreaming.

How we use our senses are soooo effective, and I'd discovered that sleep positions are nearly vital when seeking to become familiar with lucid dreaming. I've only been practicing this for several months, and my awareness has slowly been unfolding like..........well, what else?...........a lotus flower. :)

Thanks for the referral. I'll make a mental note to check it out in the future.

I know what you mean about being in the body of another person too. I have done that in dreams as well. Usually it is for the purpose of spying of sorts, just kind of looking around while in another person's body or memory remnant (for lack of a better term).

Oh, that was the coolest. This lucidity re-affirmed that I'm on a good spiritual path because once I attained full awareness, the desire to help another simply was instinctual. I wanted nothing else than to use this awareness to help others. The woman that I became suffered enormously, and I felt such a sadness and a helplessness within her. When I looked at this new body in the mirror, she was naked, and I saw everything about her and heard her thoughts of her terrible suffering of her life.

I woke up so refreshed, too, even though I was aroused from such a deep sleep from the alarm clock. I was sad that I couldn't spend more time with this woman.

Peace,
Mystic

Super Universe

Defender of God
There are different levels of sleep.

For me the deepest sleep comes first and I do not have access to it nor can I remember it except for a few specific things meant for me to know over the years. Then I awake from this deep place and my mind is allowed it's play time where it mixes in various people and places and situations. I usually can remember the dreams from this level.

A few times I have been at this level dreaming and felt like someone was in the house, more like someone was in the doorway watching me. So I learned to force myself awake from this level. It brings you up to another level where you can think normally but you still cannot move, then it tries to take you back down into deep sleep again but you can fight it and fully awake if you try.

You can take charge of your dreams just as you can take charge of your life.

Now I know and accept that I am being watched but not from a person standing in my doorway.

yuvgotmel

Super Universe said:
A few times I have been at this level dreaming and felt like someone was in the house, more like someone was in the doorway watching me.

Now I know and accept that I am being watched but not from a person standing in my doorway.

I'm curious what you are describing. Can you explain it more?

yuvgotmel

The link that I have saved for this article is no longer online. However, I did have a cut and pasted version still available. This article below comes from the Chassidic teachings of Orthodox Judaism. The Chabad openly teach the Kabbalah and the practices thereof.

Your Soul Can Be in Two Places at the Same Time

By: Yanki Tauber
-----------------------------------------------
Once upon a time there was a great and mighty king who had a wise and talented son. One day, the king summoned the prince to him. "My dear child," said the king, "I must send you on a difficult and dangerous mission. In the far reaches of my kingdom there is an uncivilized land inhabited by a barbaric people. The ways of wisdom are alien to them; nor do they know kindness or justice or compassion. It will be your task to teach them and educate them, to uncover the spark of humanity that lies buried deep within their coarse existence. You must excavate that spark, cultivate it and feed it, so that their lives are transformed and their land is redeemed and restored to my enlightened kingdom."

"But father," objected the prince, "if I go to that horrible place, then I, too, shall become like them. My soul will be tainted by their grossness. My light will be overwhelmed by their darkness and succumb to it."

"That is why, my child," said the king, "you must leave your soul here, in the royal palace, for safekeeping. We will guard it and nourish it with wisdom and light until you return from you mission."

"How, then," persisted the prince, "shall I fulfill my mission? What can a soulless body possibly achieve?"

"Your soul shall remain here," explained the king, "even as it ventures forth with you to the land of darkness. For also in that debased place, your soul will always know its true home. Your body may forget, your heart may wander, even your mind may blunder in the caverns of folly. But your soul will always remember..."

Rabbi DovBer, the famed "Maggid of Mezeritch" who succeeded the Baal Shem Tov as the leader of the Chassidic movement, passed away in 1772, on the 19th day of the Hebrew month of Kislev. [1] The Shabbat before his passing was Shabbat Vayishlach -- the Shabbat on which the Torah portion of Vayishlach (Genesis 32:4-36:43) is read. On that Shabbat, Rabbi DovBer's disciples gathered around his bed to hear words of Torah from the mouth of their master.

Vayishlach begins by relating that "Jacob sent angels to his brother Esau." Rashi, in his commentary on the verse, states that these were malachim mamash, "actual angels." (The Hebrew word malachim means both "messengers" and "angels"; thus, the verse could also have been more prosaically translated, "Jacob sent messengers...") The Maggid, speaking to to his disciples on the last Shabbat of his physical life, revealed a deeper meaning in Rashi's words. Rashi is saying -- said the Maggid -- that it was only the mamash of the angels, their "actuality," that Jacob dispatched to Esau. The spiritual essence of the angels, their souls, remained with Jacob.

Two hundred years later, at a farbrengen (chassidic gathering) held on Shabbat Vayishlach of 1972, the Lubavitcher Rebbe probed the meaning of the Maggid's enigmatic teaching

Asked the Rebbe: Isn't the entire point of sending angels to Esau that this was a mission that required a great infusion of spirituality to accomplish? Indeed, the Chassidic masters explain that this was a mission of cosmic proportions. Esau was the embodiment of the primordial world of Tohu, a world of such boundless divine energy that its "vessels" shattered, scattering sparks of holiness to the farthest, lowliest, most debased stratum of creation -- our own physical and material world. This is why our world contains such volatile energies -- energies more lofty, but also more corruptible, than anything else in G-d's creation. It was Jacob's aim to excavate and redeem these "sparks of holiness" from their exile and imprisonment within the coarseness of Esau.

No ordinary "messengers" could be equal to this mission. Jacob sent his angels, the most lofty and spiritual forces at his disposal, to attempt the redemption of Esau. Why, then -- asked the Rebbe -- would Jacob keep the loftiest and most spiritual part of his angels with himself?

But the fact that the angels' souls remained with Jacob -- explained the Rebbe -- does not mean that they did not participate in the mission to Esau. Your body can only be in one place at a time: if it's in Kansas City, it can't be in Seattle. If it wants to be in Seattle, it has to get on a plane and fly there, and having done so, it won't be in Kansas City anymore. Your soul, however, is a spiritual being, which means that it is not confined to the grid of spacetime. Your soul can be in two places at the same time. Your soul can go to Seattle without ever leaving Kansas City.

So only the "actuality" of Jacob's angels were sent off. The souls of Jacob's angels remained with their master. And it was precisely because they remained with Jacob even as they engaged Esau that they could fulfill their mission.

We are on a mission. Our master has dispatched us to the farthest, most forsaken lands of his kingdom to search out sparks of holiness, to dig them out of the coarseness in which they are buried, to raise them up and restore them to his crown.

Our body, being a body, must leave its father's home to go to these faraway lands. For such is the law that governs our actual self: to be somewhere else you must go there, which means that you can't be here anymore.

Our soul, however, remains in the royal palace. It descends into the physical world, it enters material life, it engages and grapples with the coarseness and the darkness and the folly, but it remains in the royal palace. And it is precisely because it remains with its sender that it can venture forth and accomplish its mission.

- By Yanki Tauber; based on the teachings of the Lubavitcher Rebbe.
Footnote:
1. Twenty-six years later, that date would mark a watershed event in the life of Rabbi DovBer's disciple, Rabbi Schneur Zalman of Liadi, and in the development of Chassidism. On the 19th of Kislev, in 1798, Rabbi Schneur Zalman was released from prison, after having been arrested on accusations that his teachings undermined the imperial authority of the Czar. Rabbi Schnuer Zalman's release ushered in a new era in the dissemination and popularization of Chassidic teaching, and is celebrated to this day as the "Rosh Hashanah of Chassidism." A Chassidic tradition records that, prior to his passing, Rabbi DovBer said to Rabbi Schneur Zalman, "Today is our yom tov (auspicious day)."

Super Universe

Defender of God
yuvgotmel said:
I'm curious what you are describing. Can you explain it more?

Well... In my youth I was given many signs but I ignored them and thought they were simply strange coincidences. Then, one day I got a sign I could not ignore and finally I knew absolutely, positively, without any doubt, that God exists and that He created the universe. But I didn't get any other answers.

Over the years I have been given other answers or visions but they're not always the ones I want. Once I was given insight into why a relationship ended many years before, another time I was given insight into a little trick that a close friend played on me.

Basically, I'm supposed to be doing something, something I agreed to come here and do before I was born. I'm a "get the job done" kind of person. I hate it when others talk about doing a job instead of just doing it. I hate wasting anything, especially time, so I can just imagine me saying "send me in, I'll find a way to get it done!"

There isn't a person standing in my doorway, it's my guardian angel wondering why I'm wasting time and not doing what I'm supposed to be doing. My guardian angel's given me enough help already.

Super Universe

Defender of God
yuvgotmel said:

Your Soul Can Be in Two Places at the Same Time

Souls join with as many personalities as they wish, sometimes they join with as many as a thousand human personalities at once across all of time.

At times there is a bleed over effect from these other personalities, that's why people believe they have lived past lives. It's the soul experiencing both your personality and another personality that just happens to be in a different time. To the soul, time matters not.