• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Slavery in the Bible, (and Quran)

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
What period are you talking about in Mecca and Medina?

Hi,

Sorry for this late reply.

I was talking about the era of the Muslim conquests.

As we Shia Muslim don’t recognize the Caliphs of that time (except for Imam Ali) as legitimate caliphs, we have our own view regarding the Conquests. Nonetheless, we don’t give credit to the illegitimate caliphs for spreading Islam.

I am currently writing a booklet about this topic in English

However, this is a big topic and it may take time to finish.

All the best.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Islam was successful in fighting slavery..
That is why you can't see slavery in the Muslim countries today..
Slavery was legal in the west, until the recent era..

Read the following in the Quran to see what slavery means according to Islam:

Think of the relation between killing a believer and freeing a believing slave!!

Islam wasn't successful in fighting slavery as the Islamic terrorist groups today enslave others:

Slavery in 21st-century Islamism - Wikipedia

I know that you are a Shia and don't follow the same faith as them. But there are groups who claim to be muslim and follow the Quran who do enslave others.

night912

And the New Testament Paul say:
1Timothy 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
1Timothy 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for men-stealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
1Timothy 1:11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

Happy?
What now?
Do you agree you never even bothered to read what I attached?
Tell me, how did the majority of slave owners in America obtained their slaves back then?

Hawkins

God never endorse the Hebrews enslaving Hebrews.

On the other hand, slavery is a human establishment once adapted by even the most righteous/decent/moral humans on earth. God want some of them to be saved. That's why the Bible never tried to say that whoever owned slaves can't be saved. Humans run their own systems while God chooses to save those qualified by the covenant.