• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Slain Day

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Today is Memorial Day, which, for those who may be unaware, is a US federal holiday which gives honor to the soldiers who died in service to the country.

While I have nothing against the country's Memorial Day, I prefer to mark this day as Slain Day.

Because it doesn't ultimately matter which country a person died for, if any. It doesn't matter what cause was being fought for, what goal was sought after, what the method of combat was, or the sides' values, if any of these were present at all. Contrary to an ancient superstition, I don't believe the Gods take sides in our petty squabbles, and the War Gods least of all.

Now, all of the men who died in battle now feast, drink, and fight with Valfo[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]ð[/FONT]r in Valhalla, as all the women who died in battle now feast, drink, and fight with Valfreyja in Folkvangr(I prefer to take that interpretation), both in preparation for Ragnarok.

So on this day, I say Hail to the Slain! Hail to Valfo[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]ð[/FONT]r! Hail to Valfreyja!