• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Skillet band

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
What are the positives and negatives you find to be true about the band Skillet and the sound of their music?

Is the quality of their songs as good as it used to be when they were a newer band?

What is your favorite song by them?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Admittedly, I haven't really heard much of their music, but after listening to a few of their songs, I do like their music. The female drummer's backup vocals add a unique quality to their sound.

As far as new vs. old, I really don't have a baseline for comparison since I first now gave them a serious listen.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Admittedly, I haven't really heard much of their music, but after listening to a few of their songs, I do like their music. The female drummer's backup vocals add a unique quality to their sound.

As far as new vs. old, I really don't have a baseline for comparison since I first now gave them a serious listen.

Here is a classic old song from them:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Never heard of them, but when I saw the thread title "Skillet band," I thought it would be something like this:

Rational Agnostic

What are the positives and negatives you find to be true about the band Skillet and the sound of their music?

Is the quality of their songs as good as it used to be when they were a newer band?

What is your favorite song by them?

I like real rock music but I can't stand skillet. They belong in the genre of bubblegum pop along with Justin Bieber and the Jonas brothers.:D

Rational Agnostic

What rock music do you like? My ears are open and ready for it.

As far as hard rock goes, Breaking Benjamin & Shinedown are favorites (I also like alternative rock and softer, more contemplative music,). Skillet is a failed attempt at being a rock band, primarily because their lyrics and melodies are juvenile and shallow IMO. But to each their own.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
As far as hard rock goes, Breaking Benjamin & Shinedown are favorites (I also like alternative rock and softer, more contemplative music,). Skillet is a failed attempt at being a rock band, primarily because their lyrics and melodies are juvenile and shallow IMO. But to each their own.

You have good taste in music. I should probably express that while I do like Skillet, there's about 300-400 different bands I like, I think. So I feel I'm still pretty musically informed.

Rational Agnostic

You have good taste in music. I should probably express that while I do like Skillet, there's about 300-400 different bands I like, I think. So I feel I'm still pretty musically informed.
Thats a lot. I probably haven't even heard of that many bands

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Ive never cared for them, and seeing them live didnt change my opinion (unlike Seether, who I never really cared for then I saw them live and became a fan).