• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Skeptic Proves That Covid 19 Isn't A Hoax

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
YES! Yes and yes and yes! That is exactly what I think. And it is exactly what the medical profession thinks...and they've had a bit more training and experience than I have.

Look, as of now, the US is accumulating more than 65,000 new cases A DAY. You next door neighbour, Canada, is under 200! Why is that? Canada is trying to behave as if it is one community, trying to overcome a problem, and trying to do it together. Everywhere I go in Toronto (north America's 4th largest city), people are wearing masks and social distancing. We drink out doors, and we don't drink with people who are not in a carefully chosen, and promise-bound, social bubble. My bubble consists of 7 people, and nobody else gets in it.

Yeah, it's a pain! Yeah, we want to party again. But we all want to be alive to party together -- so we've decide that we can wait, just a little while.
Sounds great. My change in life plans might have me calling Canada home after I've traveled the world some. Id love for all this crap to be over with, but instead I'm thinking of applying for disability pay/supplimented income so I dont have a greately elevated risk adding more problems to my already lengthy list of problems from having to go back to normal work.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
True, but America's covid response is a reflection of its symptom of anti-science and anti-expert. With all the threads on RF where intelligence is downplayed and dismissed, can we be surprised America isn't taking those smart and intelligent experts with all those book smarts and book learning seriously when things get just bad enough we need to care?
Ameristan is diverse.
Some of us actually like science.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

upload_2020-7-13_10-50-44.gif

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Ameristan is diverse.
Some of us actually like science.
The general cultural trend leans towards anti intellectualism, anti expert, and anti science. Just ask thise who are writing the next blockbuster movie that involves science stuff they misunderstand just well enough to turn it into nightmarish caricature on screen. Or people who say "god particle." Quiz them about how much they take in from the experts and just how highly they value their opinions i the respected professions.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'd bet five "ratings of anybody's choice" that Mr Darwin Award was a Trump supporter.

Anybody want to take the bet?

Tom
We might never know.
But Covid 19 infection parties are for the young, typically university students.
They tend to be Democrats.
So bet on!

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Yes, absolutely. Together with extensive testing and contact tracing and quarantines. The experience of other countries shows this works.

Every country has different factors that help with treating symptoms of COVID. I just find it unrealistic to assume there would be a cure just because we relieve the symptoms. The virus will still be around. Maybe we just put too much faith in science as a general means of solving problems without considering the variables that differ from country to country that helps success.

A lot of times I just think "they" tell the public what they want to hear until they resolve the real problem as not to frighten the public.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The general cultural trend leans towards anti intellectualism, anti expert, and anti science. Just ask thise who are writing the next blockbuster movie that involves science stuff they misunderstand just well enough to turn it into nightmarish caricature on screen. Or people who say "god particle." Quiz them about how much they take in from the experts and just how highly they value their opinions i the respected professions.
I've no way to detect the claimed trend.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Do you mean the ones that attend these parties or those attending universities?
University students tend to be Democrats.
Tis only after they go out into the working world, pay taxes, &
cope with regulations that they think to themselves...."WTF!?".
Then libertarians burst into existence from the formless void.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Absolutely.

What about other illnesses?

Social distancing, masks, etc could help with those. Just because we can treat it doesn't mean we can't prevent it from happening if we knew other coronaviruses will react and disappear to the same treatment prevention as we have for this virus.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I've no way to detect the claimed trend.
YECs, anti-vaxxers, anti-Masks, Truthers, Birthers, widespread belief in astrology, attacks on "book smarts," snides asking "do you believe everything you believe in a book,"amd the alarming trend of putting what "I think" up there with what the experts thinks. The evidemce is all around us

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
University students tend to be Democrats.
Tis only after they go out into the working world, pay taxes, &
cope with regulations that they think to themselves...."WTF!?".
Then libertarians burst into existence from the formless void.
That is interesting. I would say my experience as a young college student was with a different group of people. We tended to be more conservative.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
YECs, anti-vaxxers, anti-Masks, Truthers, Birthers, widespread belief in astrology, attacks on "book smarts," snides asking "do you believe everything you believe in a book,"amd the alarming trend of putting what "I think" up there with what the experts thinks. The evidemce is all around us
You think we didn't have mouth breathers who dissed "pointy headed intellectuals",
"ivory tower professors", "bookworms", "Poindexters", "nerds", "absent minded
professors", & "brainiacs" long before today? Don't forget that when I was in
public elementary school, teachers led us in prayer & read us Bible stories.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You think we didn't have mouth breathers who dissed "pointy headed intellectuals",
"ivory tower professors", "bookworms", "Poindexters", "nerds", "absent minded
professors", & "brainiacs" longe before today? Don't forget that when I was in
public elementary school, teachers led us in prayer & read us Bible stories.
I know its been around for awhile. It's been a topic since at least the 60s.