• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Skeptic Proves That Covid 19 Isn't A Hoax

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Well a cure is always the hope, but we need to be prepared for the possibility that getting a cure is not a guarantee.
Amd that is being prepared. Are already werent prepared, and now we just cant get prepared if business as usual. Thats why some states are takimg steps backwards on reopenings. Arizona is at a point of deciding who gets treatment and who doesn't.
Remember that the next time you go on about going on as if this is something we had to and have to do. A situation most doctors only see in an ethics class, its happening, here in America, in a state that quickly reopened after it was slow to shut down.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
America is certainly proving what a strange and dangerous place that it is.
Mind you we are still having deaths every day, today it was 10.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I think most will realize the virus is real enough and it is dangerous to certain people who happened to be vulnerable.

The thing is, it's obviously not dangerous to most people. Just the moderate few that are affected and don't respond well. Most people will get through it just fine.

People react differently to the unknown and uncertainty as to whether the virus will affect them. Someone who ends up acting like it's the bubonic plague of the middle ages, while others will just realize it's an aspect of nature in face of something that is going to be around a long long time if not permanently and accept things like mortality and risk in face of something that has no cure.

Not all automobile accidents are fatal, so let's stop wearing seat belts. Derp.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Despite over 2 million cases and over a half million dead, he ignored all that. It is the fault of people like him Arizona is in a very grim situation (they've enacted crises care standards. Its now here).

People suffer from the consequences of their actions.

I don't put much thought into whether the person is stupid or not for doing so. Especially when fear of the unknown etc are very good reasons why people are judgmental, do silly actions, or likewise how much emphasis we put on problems like this we have no 100 percent control over. If I can justify it to myself or make some sense of another person's actions, then it's harder for me to blame others in the sense of judgement. But if I don't know the person and catch myself judging them by their behavior, it bothers me. So, I just let it be. People do silly things but I'm not really one to call them silly because of it.

That's just me.

I don't look at death counts, though. If I trusted every single number, I'd drive myself crazy with all of this stuff. So, I don't blame people who have some defensiveness over the situation and thinking the virus is a hoax.

Shrugs. People do silly things.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
How do you think the public would respond when they find out cures don't happen overnight?
"Would" suggests that we're talking about the future.

But we're not. We are talking about right now.
Cures don't happen overnight.
Vaccines don't happen overnight.
Even documented treatment plans don't happen overnight.

We're looking at the results of American psychology, American leadership, and American institutions under the stress of a fairly unimpressive virus. Imagine what would be going on if C19 was as dangerous as Ebola.
Tom

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
But you don't know that he's the only one. Probably not, he probably infected a few others before he died. Most likely, other more careful and moral people got infected before he knew he was a carrier.

That's the problem with contagions like this.
Tom

That makes it seem the virus "will" affect other people if an asymptomatic public were near him or her. It's a possibility he may have. It depends on the other people and whether how acceptable they are to be seriously affected. I mean, when I went to the doctors I literally have to try not to cough or sneeze cause of the dust in the air or heat because some nurses jump back and even switch nurses as if I got the plague. Almost as if I went to sleep healthy and woke up 24 hours later and became asymptomatic. There's a lot of emotions involve.

But, in general, people do suffer for their actions. It's a silly thing and its sad the person died as a result. He could have affected others. I'm just glad so far we know a lot of people do get over this virus more than the people who die from it. Kinda helps to balance the benefits and consequences since the media shows so many stats I just don't even look at them anymore.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
"Would" suggests that we're talking about the future.

But we're not. We are talking about right now.
Cures don't happen overnight.
Vaccines don't happen overnight.
Even documented treatment plans don't happen overnight.

We're looking at the results of American psychology, American leadership, and American institutions under the stress of a fairly unimpressive virus. Imagine what would be going on if C19 was as dangerous as Ebola.
Tom

I'm actually kinda glad C19 isn't like the Ebola and other more contagious viruses.

Other than that, I'm not sure what you're getting at. Can you rephrase?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
That makes it seem the virus "will" affect other people if an asymptomatic public were near him or her.
This sentence doesn't really make sense.

The virus will affect other people if asymptomatic "public" spread it around. The "public" doesn't even have to be near the victim. They can give the virus to someone else who gives it to the victim.

That's the whole point to containment methods when we don't yet have vaccines or cures. If everyone did the right things( masks, hand sanitizer, distancing, no parties to spread the disease) we could keep down the infection rate until such treatments are available. That keeps the load off of the government and hospitals and such. It keeps people alive, until we can better deal with the infection. Even when people do get sick, a 500 bed hospital can better treat 300 C19 patients than 800. How hard is that to understand?

At the moment, containing the virus is really the best we've got. No guarantees, but it's better than damn the torpedoes!
Tom

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yeah, the problem personally for me, is that I am in the high risk category and so I rely in part on other humans to in part protect me.
The situation kind of reminds me of the movie, "Boy in the Bubble".

Some people can only take so much restriction and isolation and eventually, for those so inclined, it gets to that point where you just have to take the chance and step outside and face the fear no matter what happens, or simply stay in that bubble forever.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
At the moment, containing the virus is really the best we've got. No guarantees, but it's better than damn the torpedoes!
Tom
All the entitled whelps, science deniers, whatever the bs excuse, they way they have been and are still behaving our only chance for containment might be martial law.