• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Six dead in California home shooting, including 6-month-old baby and her mother

We Never Know

No Slack
Perhaps it's explained by different circumstances.
Excerpted...
Tulare County Sheriff Mike Boudreaux linked the killings to the illegal drug trade, saying deputies had conducted a drug-related search warrant at the same home last week.
"We believe this was a message being sent," Boudreaux told reporters at the scene. "We believe that this was a targeted family."

It meets the criteria of a mass shooting.

An employee seeks vengeance, targets and shoots 6 co-workers. Its a mass shooting.

Only thing I can figure is possibly because drugs are involved.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That happens on a lot interstates/freeways in many states
And this one is along a North/South freeway, an East/West freeway, and also going North-South major county road, and the general area it would be very easy to get away and be gone fast (especially if you know the roads well), and go North and less than hour is Fresno (crime is bad there).

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
No, you do not understand the concept. Guns are not drugs. Let's see if you can reason it out.

Nah, you probably would not get it so I will give you a little help:

Are drugs a problem in Europe?

Are guns a problem in Europe?

Are both illegal in Europe?

Yea. So?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It's interesting to note the fact that, according to Statista, California alone has the most mass shootings in its borders than any other state in the entire nation.

Mass shootings in the U.S. by state 1982-2023 | Statista

I wonder why that is?
Did you stop to consider the population of California? When it comes to gun deaths in general they are in 7th place from the lowest on a per capita basis. Hawaii is at the very bottom:

Gun Deaths per Capita by State 2023

amorphous_constellation

And so begins the Conservative spinning

Speed limits don't stop speeders, so let's get rid of them.

Or so begins more of the political mismatched jigsaw puzzle frustration that characterizes most of modern politics. But the leftist approach to this issue I find possibly less correct, in that unlike other issues it looks at, this one seem totally reactive to effects, as opposed to looking deeper into systematic causes. Frustratingly, the leftists do this more correctly for other issues, like homelessness for example, where they analyze housing deficiencies rather than other things that happen downstream of that.

I am not a leftist or conservative. I am a social constructionist. And I think that the misuse of the 2nd amendment is clearly, to me, the fruit of a much larger, sicker plant. It could be violence that is caused by mobs or drug overlords. Or people that do not have the psychological constitution to have guns. Or ill-trained authorities. But before that pile of errors, there is such a thing as the responsible and sovereign citizen, that does have the responsibility, to not misuse what others would.

Now it could be that the 2nd amendment right should be put on hiatus, until the more systematic issues can be solved. That might be worth a thought

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Intentional shootings, or just general shootings including suicides?
That included suicides. But this link has the rate of mass shootings and California is below average in the rate. A big state like California is obviously going to have a higher number of shootings than a small population state like Wyoming. What counts is the rate:

Mass Shootings in California

mass-shootings-in-california-figure-2-1.png

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Or so begins more of the political mismatched jigsaw puzzle frustration that characterizes most of modern politics. But the leftist approach to this issue I find possibly less correct, in that unlike other issues it looks at, this one seem totally reactive to effects, as opposed to looking deeper into systematic causes. Frustratingly, the leftists do this more correctly for other issues, like homelessness for example, where they analyze housing deficiencies rather than other things that happen downstream of that.

I am not a leftist or conservative. I am a social constructionist. And I think that the misuse of the 2nd amendment is clearly, to me, the fruit of a much larger, sicker plant. It could be violence that is caused by mobs or drug overlords. Or people that do not have the psychological constitution to have guns. Or ill-trained authorities. But before that pile of errors, there is such a thing as the responsible and sovereign citizen, that does have the responsibility, to not misuse what others would.

Now it could be that the 2nd amendment right should be put on hiatus, until the more systematic issues can be solved. That might be worth a thought
The truth is, is that this is America. It's relatively easy to get whatever you want if you know where to look - drugs, guns, illegal sex, etc. These gang shootings, all these shootings in the cities where it's teens killing people (which is the number one cause of gun violence now in multiple cities), many of the mass shootings, are committed with illegal guns. They either buy them on the street for a few hundred bucks or they slip through the cracks because people don't pay much attention, even when this person shouldn't legally be allowed to own a gun with the laws we currently have.

An example of the latter was Cho, the Virginia Tech killer, who killed over 30 people with a couple of handguns even though he wasn't supposed to legally have them because of his obvious severe mental disturbances. And then before that, most school shootings were committed by minors who aren't legally allowed to have the weapons in the first place, or were illegally acquired and modified, like with Columbine. I don't really see what gun control could've done to stop them. Street gangs in America have fully automatic weapons like AK-47s and other illegal weaponry, nevermind the petty AR-15s.

Last edited: