• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Six dead in California home shooting, including 6-month-old baby and her mother

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yeah, because any average jack*** with a gun has the same means, abilities, resources and protections as an Army Ranger.
Let's try bringing things down to the real world where normal, everyday people live.
A lot of people are military vets.

What do you propose?

More laws?

That will stop them. Obviously.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
This won't even make the news in Australia but if it was a terrorist attack it would be headlines for a week.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Oh so California hasn't among the toughest gun laws in the nation. Silly me.
Glad your ability to distinguish facts is so keen and on the spot.
Yes, silly you hue. Because more people are dead - it really does not matter where - and all you can do is bluster and mock gun laws trying to stymie the bleeding because Conservatives are too infatuated with their guns to even think about giving them up.

It's the same song and dance we're going to hear until everyone is dead, and the survivors will offer nothing but thoughts and prayers for their souls.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
......only when the apes have all got GUNS. :rolleyes:
R.3db0049f15832ab53686623bad5b902a

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
A lot of people are military vets.

What do you propose?

More laws?

That will stop them. Obviously.
Many cases involve actually enforcing existing law, and strictly so. Some instances require new laws, such as mandatory training and regular screening and evaluating (as we should have with drivers licenses). And a part of that would be restricting gun ownership (such as a strict and hard no for those with a violent criminal record).

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's the same song and dance we're going to hear until everyone is dead, and the survivors will offer nothing but thoughts and....
Everyone is dead, but there are the survivors?
Reminds me of that Yogi Berra quote.
"No one goes there nowadays, it’s too crowded."

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Like national drug laws are?

Irony.
No, you do not understand the concept. Guns are not drugs. Let's see if you can reason it out.

Nah, you probably would not get it so I will give you a little help:

Are drugs a problem in Europe?

Are guns a problem in Europe?

Are both illegal in Europe?

We Never Know

No Slack
Does it matter? Six more people are dead, including children, and it'll be quickly brushed aside for the next, and the next, and the next, ad infinitum. Thoughts and prayers, but nothing more. It doesn't matter what it's called at this point.

I already said its sad. See my first sentence..
"Sad that this happened"

Sure it matters.. Se my second sentence which is the point...
"However why is it being called a "massacre" "execution" and "shooting" but not a "mass shooting"?

It meets the criteria of a mass shooting but isn-t being referred to as one.

"Mass shooting is a crime in which an attacker kills or injures multiple individuals simultaneously using a firearm"

Your complaing and griping doesn't change why it isn't being called a mass shooting when its meets the criteria.

We Never Know

No Slack
It seems I reached my limit of free articles on Reuters, so I found another link: 2 men are arrested in a California shooting that killed 6 people : NPR

But I would say "massacre" would be an accurate term to describe this horrific event. The article mentioned that it was gang-related, which are often treated differently than the "lone nut" mass killings we've seen. Those tend to have more of a sensationalistic approach, whereas gang killings are just ordinary, mundane, everyday events, just like traffic accidents. Although it appears this one was grisly enough to get attention.

One guy kills 5 family members its a mass shooting.

Two guys kill 6 in a family and its not.

It meets the criteria but maybe you are right, being its gang related.