• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sister's cat keeps bothering me in my sleep

ronki23

I'm babysitting my sister's 3 cats while she's on honeymoon. When I sleep one of them comes into my room and sleeps on top of me; it's annoying as I can't move in bed and the body heat from the cat combined with mine makes the bed hot.

I've tried closing the door but when I wake up to use the bathroom she's waiting outside and enters the room when I open the door. I went downstairs to get water she followed me down and I somehow managed to go to the bathroom again and close the bedroom door before she came in.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I'm babysitting my sister's 3 cats while she's on honeymoon. When I sleep one of them comes into my room and sleeps on top of me; it's annoying as I can't move in bed and the body heat from the cat combined with mine makes the bed hot.

I've tried closing the door but when I wake up to use the bathroom she's waiting outside and enters the room when I open the door. I went downstairs to get water she followed me down and I somehow managed to go to the bathroom again and close the bedroom door before she came in.
She loves you. Once I let in a stray cat and she jumped on top of me (in bed) and did not move an inch the whole night

In my case it was very welcome. First seeing her love of course, and also nice,because it was freezing minus 10 degrees Celsius outside, so probably just above zero inside. Nice furry warm cat...the best if it's cold
(Probably this will get me a certain reply here)

ronki23

She loves you. Once I let in a stray cat and she jumped on top of me (in bed) and did not move an inch the whole night

In my case it was very welcome. First seeing her love of course, and also nice,because it was freezing minus 10 degrees Celsius outside, so probably just above zero inside. Nice furry warm cat...the best if it's cold
(Probably this will get me a certain reply here)

That's fine but I toss and turn in bed so having a cat on top of me doesn't help! The bed gets so hot as well

PureX

Veteran Member
Just duct tape it to the wall before you go to bed. Simple.

(I'm not a cat person.)

stvdv

That's fine but I toss and turn in bed so having a cat on top of me doesn't help! The bed gets so hot as well
I tried to move, and she looked stern at me "don't you dare move, stay quiet, don't disturb me"

Well, we all know "cat is the boss", so I stayed in bed without moving:D

Seeing your avatar, I think you live in a hot country. The I can imagine sleeping with a hot cat on top is not ideal. Though I miss her, she is dead now. I rather had her with me in bed. But then again, it's not above 12 degrees Celsius here;)

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

Sounds like you're new to a life of servitude.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Obviously, kitty has discovered your vulnerability.
They live to annoy. You're just luck that kitty hasn't
discovered the utility of puking on your bed.

ronki23

I relate. I toss and turn so much cats often run off if they sleep on the bed with me

(I'm not a cat person.)

I tried to move, and she looked stern at me "don't you dare move, stay quiet, don't disturb me"

Seeing your avatar, I think you live in a hot country. The I can imagine sleeping with a hot cat on top is not ideal. Though I miss her, she is dead now. I rather had her with me in bed. But then again, it's not above 12 degrees Celsius here;)

Can I pick her up and take her out the room? I'm worried if I try pick her up she will bite me or scratch me.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

Just throw her out of the window. That is what I usually do when people give me their pets, and irrationally assume I love them the way they do. Which is very effective towards not being troubled by them baby sitting wishes anymore, believe me.

What is the problem? If the cat survives, I am sure it will oblige to anything you will require from her in the future. And if she doesn't, I am sure your sister will never trouble you with such things, anymore.

you can only win.

Therefore, I think you are complicating things beyond necessity.

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Depends on the cat. Sounds like the cat likes you so probably ok to pick her up but check first. Can you shut her downstairs at night?
There was this cat that did like me but hated being picked up cuz they were attacked by a bird or something when younger so now they got like some trauma from that and picking them up is a no go as a result. They used to be ok with it but now if you pick them up they don't want anything to do with you.
I did not know this and picked them up to move them once. Said cat hates me now.

So definitely does depend on cat.

ronki23

Depends on the cat. Sounds like the cat likes you so probably ok to pick her up but check first. Can you shut her downstairs at night?

I'm tempted to. There's 3 of them: if I shut them downstairs I need to make sure none of them are upstairs when I do so because we don't want any accidents if they're trapped upstairs and the downstairs is closed off.

Sister is leaving day after tomorrow so I'll be able to check in her room from tomorrow if the cats are there before I go to sleep

stvdv

Can I pick her up and take her out the room? I'm worried if I try pick her up she will bite me or scratch me.
Aha, now I understand why you posted "cat"

When I was young I had a cat, and I carried her around all day. For cats it's natural to be carried around, that's in their DNA. Mother cat does it too with kittens. They feel taken care of. I never thought about scratching or biting.

It all comes down to love and respect. Cats sense this. I let a stray cat in my house, it was freezing cold, she was so grateful, and jumped straight on top of me in my bed. I loved her.

She was naughty though. I told her that 2 rooms were off limits. But exactly there she went. Each time she did, I grabbed her in the neck and gave her free flying lesson (without parachute). She must have liked flying. because she kept sneaking in these 2 rooms. And when I picked her up, she did not bite nor scratch at all.

She knew it was self created karma I guess. You know cats have 7 lifes, they know all about karma

Later I heard that "my cat" was known as Terror where I live. And stayed in a house with a woman with 2 big pitbulls. She was immensely terrified of the cat, not of the pitbulls.

So, I picked ghe cat up, and walked to the woman, with cat in my arms. Entering her house she was scared of her cat. I told her she is the nicest cat and put her on the ground.

That moment (out of my arms) it was the first time in my life I witnessed "Satan". It freaked me out, the cat attacked the woman, so I quickly opened the door and she ran out. She still loved me luckily.

So, some people are dog people and some are cat lovers or others are both or none. And cats and dogs sense it.

I would not pick her up, just like that. It's like dating a woman. First date you talk, second date you walk, third date she might give you a hand:) Always best to let her make up her mind first

I would think you need not worry at all. Your cat skipped all the dating rules and landed straight in your bed. You could ask your sister, but I know that cats can be Satan (angry) to 1 person and God (loving) to another

Good luck. I am curious what happens next

ronki23

When I was young I had a cat, and I carried her around all day. For cats it's natural to be carried around, that's in their DNA. Mother cat does it too with kittens. They feel taken care of. I never thought about scratching or biting.

It all comes down to love and respect. Cats sense this. I let a stray cat in my house, it was freezing cold, she was so grateful, and jumped straight on top of me in my bed. I loved her.

She was naughty though. I told her that 2 rooms were off limits. But exactly there she went. Each time she did, I grabbed her in the neck and gave her free flying lesson (without parachute). She must have liked flying. because she kept sneaking in these 2 rooms. And when I picked her up, she did not bite nor scratch at all.

She knew it was self created karma I guess. You know cats have 7 lifes, they know all about karma

Later I heard that "my cat" was known as Terror where I live. And stayed in a house with a woman with 2 big pitbulls. She was immensely terrified of the cat, not of the pitbulls.

So, I picked ghe cat up, and walked to the woman, with cat in my arms. Entering her house she was scared of her cat. I told her she is the nicest cat and put her on the ground.

That moment (out of my arms) it was the first time in my life I witnessed "Satan". It freaked me out, the cat attacked the woman, so I quickly opened the door and she ran out. She still loved me luckily.

So, some people are dog people and some are cat lovers or others are both or none. And cats and dogs sense it.

I would not pick her up, just like that. It's like dating a woman. First date you talk, second date you walk, third date she might give you a hand:) Always best to let her make up her mind first

I would think you need not worry at all. Your cat skipped all the dating rules and landed straight in your bed. You could ask your sister, but I know that cats can be Satan (angry) to 1 person and God (loving) to another

It has only been 2 days without my sister and her husband but I close the downstairs before I go to prepare for sleep. In the unlikely event she is still upstairs I keep all upstairs doors open so she can enter my room to let me know she's trapped upstairs.

stvdv

It has only been 2 days without my sister and her husband but I close the downstairs before I go to prepare for sleep. In the unlikely event she is still upstairs I keep all upstairs doors open so she can enter my room to let me know she's trapped upstairs.
Good to hear you two get along. And the cat has many rooms to choose...cat paradise. I guess she doesn't keep you awake by sleeping in your bed anymore.

ronki23

(I'm not a cat person.)

Just throw her out of the window. That is what I usually do when people give me their pets, and irrationally assume I love them the way they do. Which is very effective towards not being troubled by them baby sitting wishes anymore, believe me.

What is the problem? If the cat survives, I am sure it will oblige to anything you will require from her in the future. And if she doesn't, I am sure your sister will never trouble you with such things, anymore.

you can only win.

Therefore, I think you are complicating things beyond necessity.

Ciao

- viole

Their names are Buffy, Willow and Xander.

Buffy is the one who bothers me in my sleep.
Xander is afraid of me but he's getting better.
Willow is a little madam who demands combing at least 3x day.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Their names are Buffy, Willow and Xander.

Buffy is the one who bothers me in my sleep.
Xander is afraid of me but he's getting better.
Willow is a little madam who demands combing at least 3x day.
I know what TV show you watched.
image.gif