• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sinning?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
If God is omnipresent and we sin against our neighbor, are we not sinning against God too?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.

to be human

Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the Spirit of life, and the man became a living being.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Sin is just in the mind to control you and your mind. Sin is not real at all.

sin is the absence of light, confusion, choas, darkness. or ignorance. sin is anything done apart from love and understanding. with love comes light, comes understanding.

But only the high priest entered the inner room, and that only once a year, and never without blood, which he offered for himself and for the sins the people had committed in ignorance.

heaven and hell are states of mind

Matthew 6:23
But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

Luke 11:34
Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eyes are healthy, your whole body also is full of light. But when they are unhealthy, your body also is full of darkness.

Acts 26:18
to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’

lostwanderingsoul

Omnipresent has nothing to do with it. Sinning is breaking God's laws. If you steal something from your neighbor you are sinning against God because you are breaking His law. It does not matter if God is there or not, you still broke His law.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Omnipresent has nothing to do with it. Sinning is breaking God's laws. If you steal something from your neighbor you are sinning against God because you are breaking His law. It does not matter if God is there or not, you still broke His law.

actually it does because the kingdom of God, or heaven, comes from within you. If not the Kingdom of God; then the kingdom of hell. it is the Father in each of us that the sin is committed against.

But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

lostwanderingsoul

Sorry, but neither the Kingdom of God or heaven ( which are two different things ) comes from man. You will need to study the Bible more to see this. And hell is not a kingdom. Never heard this before and do not know where it comes from.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Sorry, but neither the Kingdom of God or heaven ( which are two different things ) comes from man. You will need to study the Bible more to see this. And hell is not a kingdom. Never heard this before and do not know where it comes from.

Isaiah 66
66 Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

lostwanderingsoul

Sorry again but this verse says nothing about heaven coming from within man. Heaven is God's throne and it certainly does not come from within anyone. How this can be interpreted to mean heaven comes from within mankind is really impossible to see.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Sorry again but this verse says nothing about heaven coming from within man. Heaven is God's throne and it certainly does not come from within anyone. How this can be interpreted to mean heaven comes from within mankind is really impossible to see.

welcome to the kingdom

Luke 17
20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

John 17
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

John 14:20
20 At that day you shall know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.

Acts 17:28
For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Last edited:

lostwanderingsoul

Many people believe the word "within" should be translated as "among". Jesus was saying that He was a representative of the kingdom and was standing there among them. When you properly understand what the Kingdom of God means you will see that it cannot possibly be within people. Can the Kingdom of England be within someone. God's kingdom is just like any other kingdom. It will have land and people and laws. It will be a real kingdom and not some dreamy nonsense that can exist inside people. The people Jesus was speaking to did not understand this and most people today also do not understand.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Many people believe the word "within" should be translated as "among". Jesus was saying that He was a representative of the kingdom and was standing there among them. When you properly understand what the Kingdom of God means you will see that it cannot possibly be within people. Can the Kingdom of England be within someone. God's kingdom is just like any other kingdom. It will have land and people and laws. It will be a real kingdom and not some dreamy nonsense that can exist inside people. The people Jesus was speaking to did not understand this and most people today also do not understand.
among = in, midst = middle = inside

midst = within

Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.

a tall cup of water

the kingdom of God is at hand.

Then the Lord said to him, "Now then, you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside you are full of greed and wickedness.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
All sin is against God because sin is breaking God's law. Does not matter if your neighbor or anyone else is involved.

all sin is anti-love because God is love.

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

If God was your Father, you would have loved me. But your Father is of the devil.

Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.

Last edited:

lostwanderingsoul

Excellent point. Many people like to say that we are all God's children. But Jesus said many people have the devil for a father. Everyone is not God's child but we have the opportunity to repent and be baptized and receive God's spirit. Only at that point can we call God our Father.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Excellent point. Many people like to say that we are all God's children. But Jesus said many people have the devil for a father. Everyone is not God's child but we have the opportunity to repent and be baptized and receive God's spirit. Only at that point can we call God our Father.

the dead in the flesh; see themselves as separated from god. god vs self. the spiritually dead know nothing

john baptized with water. jesus with the name immersion, or absorption, in the name of I AM that i am reveals god as omnipresent.

everything was created of god but those who weren't born of the spirit; identify with the flesh. flesh is born of flesh and spirit is born of spirit.

and the spirit of god moved upon the waters and heaven and earth came to be.

"I am the LORD, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God. I will gird you, though you have not known Me;

For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.'

christ is all and in all

Hear the word of the Lord,
you who tremble at his word:

Your own people who hate you,
and exclude you because of my name, have said,
‘Let the Lord be glorified,
that we may see your joy!’
Yet they will be put to shame.
6 Hear that uproar from the city,
hear that noise from the temple!
It is the sound of the Lord
repaying his enemies all they deserve

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

He says, “Be still(silent), and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.

8 When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour. 2 And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them.

lostwanderingsoul

Actually those who are physically dead do not know anything. They are not aware of what is going on around them. And God has nothing to do with music videos.