• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Single or Married?

Are you happily single or married

• Married and happy

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Married and getting divorced

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Single and happy being single

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Single looking for love and partner

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Single looking for a good time

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Riders

So just seeing how many of us singles are here and how many of us are not happy in our situations. Too many people including my family look to marriage to cure them of troubles. So I just thought this would be interesting.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
So just seeing how many of us singles are here and how many of us are not happy in our situations. Too many people including my family look to marriage to cure them of troubles. So I just thought this would be interesting.
Single (and introspection etc) cures me of my trouble, and I am happy alone, wish it no other way

Nice poll, good and clear options

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You have no category for married and not happy but still not getting divorced. ;)
Baha'is are not supposed to get divorced just because they are not happy, we are supposed to try to work things out for a year while living apart and then if we have an aversion for each other we can get divorced.

My husband is not unhappy with me but he has serious problems which cause me not to be happy with him, but even if I cannot work it out I am not going to abandon my husband and look for another man. I would consider that selfish.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Single, often oblivious to dating, yet still open to dating, romance, something more lasting.
I was also single and oblivious to dating and then I met my husband and we got married three weeks later...
That was 37 years ago and the rest is history. :rolleyes:

Viker

Häxan
I'll probably not be vertical above ground in 37 years. :p

But congrats on a long meaningful lasting marriage!

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Happily married to my best friend and soulmate for 29 years. My husband and I met 30 years ago, and we've been together ever since. My marriage has had its ups and downs over the years, but my husband and I stuck it out, and we're happy together now.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think I remained single because I've seen too many failed marriages end in divorce, starting with my parents' divorce.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I'll probably not be vertical above ground in 37 years. :p

But congrats on a long meaningful lasting marriage!
I have a tendency to stick things out through thick and thin...;)

The main problem now is his health and I am NOT a nurse type, so I cannot deal with medical stuff. We have good health insurance so hopefully we can find out what is wrong and address it because I cannot stand to see people in pain while I am helpless to do anything about it...

I think he also has some psychological problems but until we address the medical we cannot do anything about that. First things first.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I think I remained single because I've seen too many failed marriages end in divorce, starting with my parents' divorce.
Maybe I got married for the opposite reason, because my parents had a long and happy marriage till my father died when he was only 52. After that my mother lived alone for the next 40 years but at least she had three children.

My husband by contrast came from a family with divorces. His father was married three times and the third marriage was a charm, but before that my husband and his only sister were split up between the parents.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I guess I am just not like that. One man is enough, often more than enough!
But to each his or her own. We all have different lifestyles.

But if my husband passes on before I do I would probably be looking for another man and this time i will be sure he is a handyman and also does yard work!

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The first few years were hellish but....
Same here but it got better after we saw the sex therapist :D but then later it got worse. :(
It is not really that bad now except for his health problems given he is 10 years older than me and has unrelenting bladder/prostate problems.

Viker

Häxan
I have a tendency to stick things out through thick and thin...;)

The main problem now is his health and I am NOT a nurse type, so I cannot deal with medical stuff. We have good health insurance so hopefully we can find out what is wrong and address it because I cannot stand to see people in pain while I am helpless to do anything about it...

I think he also has some psychological problems but until we address the medical we cannot do anything about that. First things first.
Medical and mental coincide. Seeing you stick things out he'll be okay in your arms. I took care of my mother her last days. It was hard on us both. I'm glad I had that time with her.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Medical and mental coincide. Seeing you stick things out he'll be okay in your arms. I took care of my mother her last days. It was hard on us both. I'm glad I had that time with her.
I wanted to take care of my mother in her last days, she was 93, and my husband also wanted to care for her because he loved her and she was the mother she never had since his mother was awful, but my mother passed away before we had a chance to move her to our house. My husband had been a nurse so he good at care-taking, unlike me.