• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Since when does anyone take Chuck Norris seriously?

jonny

Ok, I'm serious here. In what world does Chunk Norris' opinion on who should be president matter? Honestly, he's always been a complete joke everywhere I've lived, and now Hucklebee is parading him out in the media as his primary spokesperson. I see Chuckie out in public more than I see Mr. Hucklebee himself.

Am I the only person completely confused about why I should listen to anything that Chuck Norris says?

Smoke

Done here.
I used to say he was the sexiest ugly man in the world, but now that I know how his mind works, even that's ruined. :(

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Ok, I'm serious here. In what world does Chunk Norris' opinion on who should be president matter? Honestly, he's always been a complete joke everywhere I've lived, and now Hucklebee is parading him out in the media as his primary spokesperson. I see Chuckie out in public more than I see Mr. Hucklebee himself.

Am I the only person completely confused about why I should listen to anything that Chuck Norris says?
If you don't take him seriously then why bother attacking him?

The more interesting question in my mind is whether people take Ted Kennedy as seriously as the media seems to think we do.

kai

ragamuffin

The more interesting question in my mind is whether people take Ted Kennedy as seriously as the media seems to think we do.

i have to agree he obviously bothers you ,

A

angellous_evangellous

Jeez. It's a light-hearted endorsement that reflects Norris' well-known conservative Christianity.

A

angellous_evangellous

I used to say he was the sexiest ugly man in the world, but now that I know how his mind works, even that's ruined. :(

Too many kicks to the head.

Life changed for Chuck after Bruce Lee kicked is a**.

jonny

Jeez. It's a light-hearted endorsement that reflects Norris' well-known conservative Christianity.

I didn't know Norris was a "conservative Christian" until the election, so it can't be that well known. :)

Getting an endorsement isn't the same as making him the message of your campaign. I still don't see how Church Norris is supposed to help Huckabee with anyone other than Texans.

jonny

Oh brother. Care to get off your high horse Ms. Lilithu? I'm not attacking him. I'm trying to figure out why a guy who is a joke everywhere I've ever lived is an asset to a campaign. I can see why someone would want George Clooney or Angelina Jolie's endorsement - these people are pretty well respected and have been heavily involved politically for years. The only time I hear people talk about Chuck Norris is when they're making fun of his cheesy TV character.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass

Norris.jpg

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Is Huckabee really using Norris? Now THAT'S a cry of desperation. I guess we know who WON'T be the next Republican Presidential candidate! :D

A

angellous_evangellous

I didn't know Norris was a "conservative Christian" until the election, so it can't be that well known. :)

Getting an endorsement isn't the same as making him the message of your campaign. I still don't see how Church Norris is supposed to help Huckabee with anyone other than Texans.

Ha! He wrote a book about it, starred in several movies that featured his Christian commitment, and has endorsed many Christian pastors (appearing, for example at Billy Graham crusades).

YouTube - HuckChuckFacts

YouTube - Why Chuck Endorsed Mike - Episode One

YouTube - Chuck Norris' Top 10 + Facts Summary

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
i have to agree he obviously bothers you ,
Who obviously bothers me?

Oh brother. Care to get off your high horse Ms. Lilithu? I'm not attacking him. I'm trying to figure out why a guy who is a joke everywhere I've ever lived is an asset to a campaign.
Right, not attacking. :sarcastic

If you dislike the word so much ignore it. My point was that by discussing him in a critical manor you are giving him credibility.

kai

ragamuffin
Who obviously bothers me?

Right, not attacking. :sarcastic

If you dislike the word so much ignore it. My point was that by discussing him in a critical manor you are giving him credibility.
i wasnt talking to you lilithu, or are you trying to get my attention:rolleyes:

kai

ragamuffin
So, you quoted me but were talking to someone else, and are annoyed when I misunderstand.... Sheesh, people are touchy here.
i am never annoyed lilithu ,but we stray of topic and musnt dally , we can say hello again some other time. i am sure our views will clash soon.;)

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
So, you quoted me but were talking to someone else, and are annoyed when I misunderstand.... Sheesh, people are touchy here.

I read that as Kai agreeing with you about jonny. The "he" is Chuck Norris, and the "you" Chuck Norris is bothering is jonny.

kai

ragamuffin
doppelgänger;1057002 said:
I read that as Kai agreeing with you about jonny. The "he" is Chuck Norris, and the "you" Chuck Norris is bothering is jonny.
thank you doppleganger