• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Simon the Stumbling Stone

Isaiah Torres

I know Truth
If you search the Bible for “satan rebuke” and put on partial matches, you will come up with two verses across the whole of the Bible.
After Yeshua explained to the disciples how he would fulfill prophecy by cutting off Jerusalem and divorcing Israel (Zec 11).

This was prophesied for him to do so, so when he called Simon satan its clear prophetic fulfillment, that with the name change to “jesus” it makes most people miss it.

Now many claim this is talking about Yeshua the high priest, who rebuilt the second temple in Ezra. Yet within the prophetic implications, it’s clearly defined by Yeshua; with the references to angels in the sentences making it clear it’s more than just a repeat of what happened.
The fact the end line of Zechariah chapter 3, has this statement and Yeshua clearly called Simon the stone for a reason implies he knew something we do not; which is most possibly Simon peter (stone) was a Pharisee, which is why he was allowed to preach to the Sanhedrin at the start of Acts.

So when your told “Simon says put your hands on your head, Simon says touch your toes, Simon says follow the synagogue of satan, don’t believe everything you're told by someone Yeshua defined as a Stumbling Stone of the nations. He even stated how satan had use for Simon as wheat and that Simon has authority over the gates of hell; not the gates of heaven, as the church established by him reiterated.

This article is from here. :innocent:
Jesus gave peter the keys to the kindgom of Heaven! & jesus called peter blessed and told him upon this rock i will bulid MY Church not satans Mathew 16:17-19 stoping puting your ideas and opinions in it..the bible says if any man speak let him speak as the oracles of God which you are not speaking..because peter was an apostle and the Lord gave him the Keys to the Kingdom of HEAVEN.. And i dare you to tell me he didnt

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Jesus gave peter the keys to the kindgom of Heaven! & jesus called peter blessed and told him upon this rock i will bulid MY Church not satans
Maybe you're missing the bits where Yeshua said, 'that the Pharisees were making children of Hell', or that he call Simon satan straight after giving him the keys, to remove from heaven, and bind on earth (like satan does).

You do realize we're closer to Hell, than Heaven?
[GALLERY=media, 7191][/GALLERY]

Isaiah Torres

I know Truth
Maybe you're missing the bits where Yeshua said, 'that the Pharisees were making children of Hell', or that he call Simon satan straight after giving him the keys, to remove from heaven, and bind on earth (like satan does).

You do realize we're closer to Hell, than Heaven?
[GALLERY=media, 7191][/GALLERY]
He called pharisees that peter was his deciple thats bible! & he rebuked him for what he said because the devil spoke through him there.. But he himself is no devil.. So Jesus built his Church upon a devil? Jesus called satan blessed? Jesus gave the devil the keys to the kingdom of heaven?

Isaiah Torres

I know Truth
Jesus gave peter the keys to the kindgom of Heaven! & jesus called peter blessed and told him upon this rock i will bulid MY Church not satans Mathew 16:17-19 stoping puting your ideas and opinions in it..the bible says if any man speak let him speak as the oracles of God which you are not speaking..because peter was an apostle and the Lord gave him the Keys to the Kingdom of HEAVEN.. And i dare you to tell me he didnt
Jesus gave him the keys of kingdom of heaven when he had answered him well because he said that Jesus is Christ and the bible talks about if you believe Jesus is the Christ your of God so the devil is of God now?

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
Good, @wizanda. Peter did function as a stumbling block- but so too did Jesus himself. We all function as stumbling blocks for one another. We are all adversarial creatures.

The stone with seven eyes sees all the iniquities of the son of Man. But this is the Gospel: all of us are being branded in the baptism of fire. The Father, whose will cannot be subverted, is vindicating the son of Man, giving him clean clothes, and a diadem for his head- in one day.

Last edited:

Kelly of the Phoenix

Peter is constantly portrayed as someone who thinks he's way more awesome than he is, whether it's walking on water, healing, exorcising, etc. When arrested, Pete never stays in jail to suffer for his faith. He's always "broken out". The only one to think he is worth much is Peter himself. He is characterized both in canon and non-canon as a supreme jerk. He probably invented the keys story to justify his position in the church. I feel the Judas story is, as well, an attempt to distract us from his own treasonous behavior. Peter is an egotistical moron and is not a good person. Sorry, but no amount of whitewashing will change that.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
A clear explanation is that the Bible teaches to have no idols, through what Simon Peter, Paul and John preached, they turned Yeshua into an idol. This then breaks the second commandment, as to have no image of God, and to only worship God alone, else you break the first commandment as well. Hopefully this is clear and I will go over each point individually, where there is conflict from what they preached.
I agree with you here. When Jesus migrated to India after the event of Crucifixion in which he survived, Paul his associates and the Church carved a physical idol in the shape of Jesus in pagan mythological features. Those who doubt they could see it in the Churches hanging on the Cross.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
in Matthew 16:18 Jesus says to Peter, "thou art Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church." the word used for Peter means a little stone. a few verses later Jesus says to Peter "get thee behind me, Satan." would Jesus really build His church on someone He called Satan? He was more correct than He realized because Satan influenced the people in the third century who took over the church and turned it away from the things Jesus taught
I agree with you.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Yeshua said he would build a church in hell, where Simon has the power to remove from heaven, and bind in hell; so you would think someone called satan would be perfectly qualified for such a task. :smilingimp:
The church was corrupted from the offset, not later.... The Ebionites who were against sacrifice and gave up wealth, following the commandments as steps to heaven, were closer followers of Yeshua, with James the Just as their leader.
What Christians have been force-fed, is Pharisee (synagogue of satan) religious nonsense; you can't sacrifice humans, and expect atonement. :innocent:

I agree with you.
Regards