• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Similarities between Guru Nanak and Shirdi Sai Baba

ronki23

Both men were born as Hindus but brought up in Muslim surroundings

Both men denounced the division between Hinduism and Islam and that they're mutually exclusive

Both men went to Makkah

So why do only Hindu Punjabis worship Guru Nanak and only West Indians worship Shirdi Sai Baba? Why don't you see Muslims believing in Shirdi Sai Baba because he was raised a Muslim and why don't you see the followers of Sikhism locally believe in Shirdi Sai Baba if he preached the same message of Guru Nanak?
If Guru Nanak went to Makkah then why are Sikhs not allowed? There were several Bhagats in Sri Guru Granth Sahib who were Muslim.

saigurunanak.jpg

Waheguruji ka Khalsa Waheguruji ki Fateh. Om Sai Rama

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
You're asking the question which is more general "why do people get locked into a narrow view of things rather than look around"? That's to me an important question.

ronki23

With regards to Muslims in Sikhism, as well as Bhai Mardana and Farīduddīn Ganjshakar there is Kabir.

3279380410_41dbe96254.jpg

FB_IMG_1466257941022.jpg

Image-Of-Bhagat-Kabir-Ji.jpg

Sai Baba was supposedly a Muslim because he was brought up by Muslims and ate meat although he was born a Hindu

The thing is Guru Nanak and Sai Baba went against Hindu and Muslim teachings but the Hindus still revere them whereas the Muslims (Sunni and some Shia) don't like them;
I have Muslim acquaintances from Guinea, Senegal, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Pakistan and Palestine all on my Facebook friends list. I would like to talk to them about Sai Baba and Guru Nanak and the bhagats but I don't see them anymore. I am sure they're Sunni (except one Ibadi)

Treks

I suppose Muslims and Sikhs both have their already established teachers integral to their own religions. Sai Baba only died around the year 1915 and it seems (from a cursory read) that he was neither Hindu nor Muslim (and also not Sikh). On the face of it it does look like he was talking about similar things as Guru Nanak.