• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Silicon Valley Vampires

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
s-l300.jpg

Thiel's literal bloodlust—studies showing that mice infused with the blood of their youngers experienced signs of rejuvenation and statistically longer lives...

...These animal studies recently inspired human trials in China, South Korea, and America. Thiel's people have expressed interest in one, by a firm called Ambrosia, which is currently recruiting 600 people to receive injections of 16-to-25-year-olds' blood. These studies, and Thiel and his would-be-ageless ilk's rabid interest in them, have left many ethicists and pundits wringing their hands about how society might respond if young-blood treatments actually came on the market.

Are Rich People Already Infusing Themselves With Young Blood?

Imagine, instead of going to Starbucks for a morning cup of coffee you can stop by a Young Blood clinic to get a fresh injection of young blood. I'd suspect the younger the blood, the higher the cost.

I wonder how many people would be willing to inject themselves with the blood of young folks to extend their life if proven to work.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This story reminds me of an early episode of Babylon 5: "Deathwalker".

She tells him that the truth about the immortality drug is that its principle component requires the death of another, and she sees its success as her legacy.

Deathwalker - Wikipedia

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I think they have already concluded this is bunk science but it reminded me of this old Slayer song:

Because a day without Slayer is like night

Mindmaster

Premium Member
s-l300.jpg

Thiel's literal bloodlust—studies showing that mice infused with the blood of their youngers experienced signs of rejuvenation and statistically longer lives...

...These animal studies recently inspired human trials in China, South Korea, and America. Thiel's people have expressed interest in one, by a firm called Ambrosia, which is currently recruiting 600 people to receive injections of 16-to-25-year-olds' blood. These studies, and Thiel and his would-be-ageless ilk's rabid interest in them, have left many ethicists and pundits wringing their hands about how society might respond if young-blood treatments actually came on the market.

Are Rich People Already Infusing Themselves With Young Blood?

Imagine, instead of going to Starbucks for a morning cup of coffee you can stop by a Young Blood clinic to get a fresh injection of young blood. I'd suspect the younger the blood, the higher the cost.

I wonder how many people would be willing to inject themselves with the blood of young folks to extend their life if proven to work.

Don't know how much value there is to this, based on science. The longest lived cells in your body are in your central nervous system -- typically your whole life, followed by fat cells at about 8 years. The majority of the cells running around in your blood have life cycles measured in days, and a few of them last a bit longer at 3-4 months. So, by 3-4 months every single cell in your blood is brand new. Even your bone changes out at 10%/year, so every ten years you basically have a new skeleton. :D

If the idea was to do basically what you did with "changing the oil" you'd have to remove the old blood to clear out the plague and other buildups in the body. That doesn't seem to be what is happening, however, you'd need a "full change out" not just a pint or two. :D

Besides that, your chances of contracting some unknown blood-borne illness is way higher and probably will take you out before you get the value out of the proposition.

Last edited: