• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Silence is golden

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
It has been said that if the human mind is like a computer, comparing the two, the human mind would have loads of memory, but little processing power. My mind certainly feels the opposite. I seem to have a very fast, highly parallel problem solving mind who can't remember what it had for breakfast yesterday. I want to say that people were right with the careful things they seemed to suggest, if I understand their suggestions correctly, like that me starting my own forum was an ambitious project that would cost a lot of money. And they were right. I finally came to full realization the amount of money it would cost and have backed down, but I don't regret the money I've already spent before I stopped putting money at it, because the project has taught me some things and provided me a test environment which I can still use for me to learn things quietly and think and self-reflect. Kind of like when men go to their garage and spend considerable time, it's never really about fixing the car only. And there are also things I realized I need to work on, although I don't expect it all to happen in 24 hours time... I need to be more humble, more self-reflective, thinking about "they"s and "you"s rather than "I"s. I also need to more carefully weigh before entering a debate, if it's really even worth it to debate.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Kind of like when men go to their garage and spend considerable time, it's never really about fixing the car only.
Well, that helps shed some light on my dad's garage habits, and why he's always tinkering with something. He's always out there tinkering with something, even if we can't figure out exactly what it is he's doing.
I hope things work out for you. And don't back down from ambition.;)

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
It has been said that if the human mind is like a computer, comparing the two, the human mind would have loads of memory, but little processing power. My mind certainly feels the opposite. I seem to have a very fast, highly parallel problem solving mind who can't remember what it had for breakfast yesterday. I want to say that people were right with the careful things they seemed to suggest, if I understand their suggestions correctly, like that me starting my own forum was an ambitious project that would cost a lot of money. And they were right. I finally came to full realization the amount of money it would cost and have backed down, but I don't regret the money I've already spent before I stopped putting money at it, because the project has taught me some things and provided me a test environment which I can still use for me to learn things quietly and think and self-reflect. Kind of like when men go to their garage and spend considerable time, it's never really about fixing the car only. And there are also things I realized I need to work on, although I don't expect it all to happen in 24 hours time... I need to be more humble, more self-reflective, thinking about "they"s and "you"s rather than "I"s. I also need to more carefully weigh before entering a debate, if it's really even worth it to debate.

It's good that you can recognise things to improve on. Just don't forget to give yourself credit for doing so.

PureX

Veteran Member
My friend Bob used to say; "Ya gotta ask yourself; is this really a hill I'm willing to die for?" ... "It almost never is."