• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sikhi-Islam

GURSIKH

chardi kla
Sat sri Akaal ,Aslaam ,Namaste.... :)

i just want compare various aspects of these two faiths ,for better understanding .
Acc to my limited knowledge ..

Islam as Abrahmic faith believes in One Creator -ALLAH ,seprate from creation (Monotheism ) ,Will judge humanity on Judgement day . Some will be awarded Heavens ( Rivers , Houris ) and others will be awarded Hell Fire .

Sikhi as Dharmic faith believes in One Creator - IK ONKAAR ,All pervading not seprate from creation (Panentheism) . every soul is Divine , just seprated from Primal Source under illusion (Maya). By following Gurus teachings one can attain Understanding ,Union ,enlightenment ,Samadhi ,Nirvaana and sepration is cause of suffering .

following shabad from Guru Granth Sahib describe all ,

ਸਭ ਕਿਛੁ ਘਰ ਮਹਿ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਨਾਹੀ ॥
Everything is within the home of the self; there is nothing beyond.
ਬਾਹਰਿ ਟੋਲੈ ਸੋ ਭਰਮਿ ਭੁਲਾਹੀ ॥
One who searches outside is deluded by doubt.
ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਜਿਨੀ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਪਾਇਆ ਸੋ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਸੁਹੇਲਾ ਜੀਉ ॥੧॥
By Guru's Grace, one who has found the Lord within is happy, inwardly and outwardly. ||1||

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਭ੍ਰਮ ਕਟੇ ਕਿਵਾੜਾ ਬਹੁੜਿ ਨ ਹੋਈਐ ਜਉਲਾ ਜੀਉ ॥੪॥੧੯॥੨੬॥
Says Nanak, the veil of illusion has been cut away, and I shall not go out wandering any more. ||4||19||26||

Sri Granth: Sri Guru Granth Sahib

Another thing where i always stuck regarding Islam is how can one justify beating Wife as stated in Quran ?

Kindly share you views

thanx :)

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

i just want compare various aspects of these two faiths ,for better understanding .

Islam as Abrahmic faith believes in One Creator -ALLAH ,seprate from creation (Monotheism ) ,Will judge humanity on Judgement day . Some will be awarded Heavens ( Rivers , Houris ) and others will be awarded Hell Fire .

Sikhi as Dharmic faith believes in One Creator - IK ONKAAR ,All pervading not seprate from creation (Panentheism) . every soul is Divine , just seprated from Primal Source under illusion (Maya). By following Gurus teachings one can attain Understanding ,Union ,enlightenment ,Samadhi ,Nirvaana and sepration is cause of suffering .

By Guru's Grace, one who has found the Lord within is happy, inwardly and outwardly. ||1||

Says Nanak, the veil of illusion has been cut away, and I shall not go out wandering any more. ||4||19||26||

Another thing where i always stuck regarding Islam is how can one justify beating Wife as stated in Quran ?

Kindly share you views .

May i ask first why comparing only between sikhism and Islam ?

Reverend Richard

New Thought Minister

Based on this alone, I could easily become a Sikh...

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi Gursikh,

based on your description of God I think Sikhism is almost exactly like Hinduism. What you described is exactly my own belief and the belief/interpretation of many Hindus. I knew I liked Sikhism!

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Hi Gursikh,

based on your description of God I think Sikhism is almost exactly like Hinduism. What you described is exactly my own belief and the belief/interpretation of many Hindus. I knew I liked Sikhism!

Do they bow for cows too ?

chinu

chinu

Kindly share you views .

Satshriakal, or wal ekum salam.

Saying it directly or indirectly that "My religion is more perfect than your religion"..... is not the work of a perfect SIKH :)

chinu

chinu
Well.. islam is said to be more ancient than sikhism, Thus.. years before when sikh gurus were alive, i think they would have been more aware of islam than us, but.. even than they didn't compared any religion. :)

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Who bows to cows?

Kamadhenu,the mother of all cows

Kamadhenu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pegasus+2+cow+hindu.jpg

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member

Where does it say we bow to cows or even worship them?
It even says this in your link:

"Kamadhenu is not worshipped independently as a goddess, and temples are not dedicated to her honor alone; rather, she is honored by the veneration of cows in general throughout the observant Hindu population."

Hindus honour and respect cows, we do not worship them. Many sources misunderstand this and say that we worship cows but it is simply not true.

Please get your facts straight and please do not change the topic of this thread.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Satshriakal, or wal ekum salam.

Saying it directly or indirectly that "My religion is more perfect than your religion"..... is not the work of a perfect SIKH :)

Exactly that what was in my mind and i don't know why he needs to compare between 2 religions that differ too much.

Sikhism is a cocktail of hindusim ,islam and christianity.
i can call it a modernized hindusim.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Exactly that what was in my mind and i don't know why he needs to compare between 2 religions that differ too much.
Because this is the comparative religion section. To learn.

Sikhism is a cocktail of hindusim ,islam and christianity.
i can call it a modernized hindusim.

No it isn't, and no you can't -- without making yourself look completely ignorant of Sikhism anyway. It's a common (mis)understanding, but it's wildly inaccurate.

Consider someone saying "Islam is a cocktail of Judaism, Christianity, and Arabian mythology" and how accurate you think that is.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Where does it say we bow to cows or even worship them?
It even says this in your link:

"Kamadhenu is not worshipped independently as a goddess, and temples are not dedicated to her honor alone; rather, she is honored by the veneration of cows in general throughout the observant Hindu population."

Hindus honour and respect cows, we do not worship them. Many sources misunderstand this and say that we worship cows but it is simply not true.

Please get your facts straight and please do not change the topic of this thread.

i didn't change the topic of the thread but i am asking if the sikhs love cows similar to the hindus.

i am sorry if talking about cows makes you angry,i do apologize to you,i didn't mean to insult the cows but just asking whether if cows are repected to sikhs such as not allowed eating beef and that stuff compared to hindusim.

181094-a-hindu-devotee-crawls-under-a-cow-during-a-religious-ceremony-in-kath.jpg

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
i didn't change the topic of the thread but i am asking if the sikhs love cows similar to the hindus.

i am sorry if talking about cows makes you angry,i do apologize to you,i didn't mean to insult the cows but just asking whether if cows are repected to sikhs such as not allowed eating beef and that stuff compared to hindusim.

If that is true then I accept your apology. It seemed like you were making insult to Hindus. But maybe I am sensitive after many times being ridiculed by Muslims on this topic. Cow worship is a misconception, most Hindus do not do it.

I am not aware of Sikhs honouring cows the way that Hindus do.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Vanakkam,

You already made a topic while ago where you asked about hindu and cows, and answers have been provided. I don't see why you still have misconceptions about this topic when clear answers were shown to you

You are not being polite to hindu communauty here, and more, I personally think this is pretty ignorant to still show such a basic misconception after having made a 8 pages topic on the subject where explainations were given, and despite of them you were still being disrespectful.

Since it not the first time you do this, I am sorry but I'm suspicious about your intentions.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Last edited:

Reverend Richard

New Thought Minister
Who bows to cows?

{Picture removed out of respect}

If Madhuri were not already insulted, I would think she should be now. This is pretty blantant disrespect, IMHO.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
No it isn't, and no you can't -- without making yourself look completely ignorant of Sikhism anyway. It's a common (mis)understanding, but it's wildly inaccurate.

Consider someone saying "Islam is a cocktail of Judaism, Christianity, and Arabian mythology" and how accurate you think that is.

Yes Islam is in line with Judaism and christianity and that is the reason called the Abrahamic religion.

Sikhism is in line with hindusim but have faith on one god and reject pictures and idols found in hinduism.