• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Signs of the Zodiac

What's your sign?

• Total voters

Buttercup

Veteran Member
What I find interesting is that so far anyone who's mentioned the sign of their spouse has inadvertantly (or purposefully) married someone who matches astrologically very well with their own sun sign. :)

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I am a Capricorn!

And I REALLY am a goat in every sense, also. I'm not much into astrology but I fit the Capricorn "bill".

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
Buttercup said:
What I find interesting is that so far anyone who's mentioned the sign of their spouse has inadvertantly (or purposefully) married someone who matches astrologically very well with their own sun sign. :)

Let's test this then. I don't know how this stuff's supposed to work and I own up to considering it to be complete tosh, but I'm a sagittarius (just, my due date would have made me a scorpio) and I'm married to a virgo. Is that meant to be a good match or not? It certainly is (particularly as she brings certain things - like financial acumen - to the marriage that I sorely lack) but is it meant to be according to the tenets of astrology?

James

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
JamesThePersian said:
Let's test this then. I don't know how this stuff's supposed to work and I own up to considering it to be complete tosh, but I'm a sagittarius (just, my due date would have made me a scorpio) and I'm married to a virgo. Is that meant to be a good match or not? It certainly is (particularly as she brings certain things - like financial acumen - to the marriage that I sorely lack) but is it meant to be according to the tenets of astrology?

James

What are your birthdays? You mentioned that you're just barely a Sagittarius, a cusp, and if you are then that could make a difference.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
JamesThePersian said:
There is nothing to test; the match-up refers to a consistency of symbolism. Sagittarius the Hunter explores the foundation of truth about humanity in knowledge. Virgo, who is more of an observer and a roleplayer, seeks to know more about itself in relation to humanity through adopting roles such as sister, brother, father, mother, teacher, student, employer, employee, etc. --immersing itself in this existence that is our social setting. All the signs have some compability, as they also have some contrast, and any match can be a good one dependent upon the individuals involved*. Sagittarius brings something to a partnership and Virgo doesn't, and Virgo brings something Sagittarius doesn't, and that is true of any match-up. Sagittarius is the dreamer, and Virgo pays attention to the little things, the details, so I would say that is a strengthening match. For instance, while Sagittarius drags Virgo off to church to find out more about god, Virgo goes along to meet with other members of the congregation and keep in touch with people. Or to use your example, while Sagittarius is spending money on college or career advancement or life, or whatever, Virgo is keeping his books so he doesn't overspend. Loosely put, one is the arrow, the other the land that it flies in relation to, and on which it will eventually, inevitably fall back.

*There is much more to it than that, though.

almifkhar

well it depends on which system
if using the modern western 12 house system i am a sagittarius
if using the old 13 house system i am ophiuchus